Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept thinking about the seat cushions that are also flotation devices too (((hold onto the straps))) and I wondered if those were the ''white'' dots in the water MOO

Yes, I know what you mean. Are they white? Maybe on the underside. I've never seen the underside.

All the articles have been saying lifejackets though, not seat cushions. :dunno:

And how about the life raft that was seen floating (un-inflated, I presume)? Where are they kept, I wonder? In a secure location, or a location where they could easily float away in a crash?

---
Seven bodies have been recovered from the sea, some fully clothed, which could indicate the Airbus A320-200 was intact when it hit the water. That would support a theory that it suffered an aerodynamic stall.

The fact that one person put on a life jacket would appear to indicate those on board had at least some time before the aircraft hit the water, or after it hit the water and before it sank.

And yet the pilots did not issue a distress signal.
---
http://news.yahoo.com/divers-set-se...7--finance.html;_ylt=AwrBJR83vKNUBikACMXQtDMD

Yes, I know what you mean. Are they white? Maybe on the underside.

All the articles have been saying lifejackets though, not seat cushions. :dunno:

And how about the life raft that was seen floating? Where are they kept, I wonder. In a secure location, or a location where they could easily float away in a crash?
The life jackets are in little white pouches. I can't say for sure I would image that they would life rafts would be stowed on board.

interesting read on AF 447 by Wise:

........psychologically, though, it must have been a terrifying ordeal — though for none quite as much as for the pilots, who alone knew what was about to happen to them.

http://jeffwise.net/2011/12/09/what-passengers-experienced-during-af447s-final-moments/

RSBM

I thought the pilots of AF447 only realised they were about to crash a few seconds prior to impact? The discussions prior to that was the confusion about why the 'stall' alarm was sounding and one of the co-pilots saying he thought they were going very fast (when actually they were going very slowly for the altitude owing to the plane being 'nose up').

Anyway coming to the pitot tubes - I am aghast that the problems demonstrated so acutely by AF447 were not addressed across the Airbus fleet. I watched a documentary which suggested that this type of crash - with the pitot tubes freezing and leading to misinformation in the flight deck instruments - could never happen again since all the pitot tubes would be replaced by ones which self-heated. This whole thing is starting to look pretty similar, I must say. [emoji17]

Yes, I know what you mean. Are they white? Maybe on the underside. I've never seen the underside.

And how about the life raft that was seen floating (un-inflated, I presume)? Where are they kept, I wonder? In a secure location, or a location where they could easily float away in a crash?

I found an instructional video for the A320 plane and another good link that has some good information on this plane. The 2nd link has the instructional video and the 1st link has good overall info on the plane. I cant find location of where life raft was stored. I suspect it was near an exit door so it makes sense if it was found floating in water. Especially since the stewardess was found as well. I wonder if she managed to open the door or maybe the crash forced open the door.

http://aviation-safety.net/airlinesafety/exits/exit.php?type=022-0

http://inflightsafetyvideos.com/tam-airbus-a320-in-flight-safety-video-2013/

Wow. Another recent landing accident just happened and luckily nobody hurt but had to exit using emergency chutes I think. This 1 was in Pakistan. When reading about the incident, there was another recent runway incident with same plane and they "repaired" it. Wonder if bad repairs caused this or the bird strike. Scary stuff lately.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20141230-0

http://aviation-safety.net/index.php

@SkyNewsBreak - Indonesia search and rescue agency says a body recovered from the crashed #AirAsia plane #QZ8501 was wearing a life jacket
6:50am - 31 Dec 14

I guess they could have known the plane had a fault and they were going to have to make an emergency landing so at least some of the passengers may have had a vest on. Obviously the plane could have crashed before the ditch attempt. Hopefully we will find out what happened from the flight data recorders.

I find the lift jacket notioin credible, but tinteresting. The whole event, IMO, was a scary scene which was buidlding from like the first turbelace lurches probably before the left deviation. I dont think it was a smooth ride for long after lifting from the runway.

But the erratic use of lifejackets would indicate that there use was not a flight crew "ordered" thing possibilly but an individual assessment of threat.

Or it could be the reverse the ones without em (dont have that many bodies yet) were sheered off from impact with items in cabin at impact. Presence or absence of them is important, analtically cause it gives insight into flight crews assessment of the danger the flight and it occupants were in at the time of impact.

This angle will be interesting in this case IMO

F U N E E E E humm humm SA humm nudge wink smile!

As I get to the third identicla post I am thinking hum it maybe New Years where our dear SA is, and he/she may be celebrating -- heartily! Cracked me up ! Then I thought SA must have an inside track here at WS (!) how did he/she get the website to post three identical posts in a row humm humm SA do tell! Funny !

No driving SA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members