Review: Scrutinizing your presence on Facebook

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Dark Knight, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

Last week, I urged all of you to carefully curate your Timelines to avoid coming across as vain or revealing forgotten skeletons.

This week, I will go through other ways to manage your life on Facebook.

It's good to take stock of your Facebook presence from time to time, given how quickly the site changes its features and settings and how easily many of us add people to our lists of friends. Even if you haven't switched to Timeline yet, you can still follow these steps to review what you're really revealing about yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/review-scrutinizing-presence-facebook-204258972.html

2. Loading...

3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

um, I still don't know what the last two updates were so I'm pretty much going to be hopeless at figuring this one out :waitasec:

the closest I usually come to understanding any of it is reading the complaints on my newsfeed :blushing:

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I might just end up doing what my nephew did and delete FB altogether 'cause it's way too much work for me.

5. zoomom

zoomom Love, Chaos, & Supper

Huh??? Maybe I better read this stuff.......

Thank You so much Dark Knight for getting us this info-!

ETA:......ok, I read it. Too much for me tonight. Glad I'm small potatoes. Between the new phone for christmas, the new blog at work, new bank account numbers, passwords, & c. cards after getting work id stolen, my brain is crispy-fried-to-a-crackley-crunch. I'm very glad I'm old and boring in my real life.

I remember when the ONLY tv show in color was Batman, once a week. We went to our neighbors to watch.

Thank you again, though! I will try again another time.

6. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

That's a pretty comprehensive article but it's relevant only to the last changed to Facebook, nothing much to do with the new Timeline profile which is disgustingly too much like MySpace. :banghead:

7. davehead21

davehead21 Active Member

It does look like MySpace!!!! I haven't switched mine yet but some of my friends have and I really dislike it. I have yet to figure out if there is a way to make everything private on the Timeline, so only your friends see your profile. I don't worry about what my friends see, I only add people as friends who I know....plus, I don't ever post anything private. However, I don't want strangers or ex-boyfriends being able to creepy my profile. I wish they would just leave the format alone-- no one likes change!! :crazy: