*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for her? WTH? Are you watching the same things I am? Casey could stop her mother and fathers suffering at any time by just telling the truth.. She doesnt care if they suffer forever. This is a monster dressed up to look innocent! If she were ugly it would be over by now! but because Casey is cute some doubt she could be a monster.. imo
P.S. dont drink the koolaid!

I have thought the same thing many times throughout this whole ordeal. If Casey was unattractive and/or didn't take care of herself...if Caylee were not so cute...if the Anthony's didn't live in a middle/upper class neighborhood...this case would have never become the sensation that it has. I'll leave it at that. MOO

the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

I found that sentence disturbing...that isn't compassion you're feeling. JMO :rolleyes:
I could find compassion for her, even after all that she has done, if that tear she shed had been for Caylee or for the things she has done against her family and friends. If she expressed sorrow for her actions and thought about anyone else other then herself, I could muster up compassion. But that tear was for the fact that she was going back to jail. She thought she would get away with it if she stuck to her story and they didn't find Caylee. It didn't work that way so now she's sorry for herself. So she can sit and stew in self pity for the rest of her life. Talk about a huge waste. JMO

I don't feel bad for her. She chose her life. Instead of finishing up school and getting a job and taking care of her child, she tossed it all aside to live a life of crime, stealing from 'friends', doping and drinking and getting rid of her child. I think she is just what they call a 'bad seed'. She cares nothing for anyone but herself. I think it is hard for most of us to comprehend someone like that. She can turn on the tears, call you honey and make it appear they can love and care but all they really care about is themselves and they will do anything whether legal or not to get their needs met. Her mother thinks she loved Caylee and couldn't hurt her. That is not true. Casey has no capacity to love anyone including her mother or her daughter. That is sad. But no, I am not sad for Casey.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! No Way.. Nada.. She is a waste, A HUGE WASTE imo. I have seen NOTHING that makes me believe that she gives 2 chits about anyone but herself and believe me I have tried to find something because I try to see at least some goodness in all people and can find NONE in Casey.

But will your feelings change if it turns out to be a horrific accident? Then of course she would have to be an 'iceman' to carry on like she did at partys but who can explain the grieving process. People 'party' after funerals to ease the pain.

The keywords there are "after funerals". She doesn't even have enough heart and compassion to tell LE and her family where Caylee's remains are so she can have a decent funeral.

She wasn't partying to deal with her pain and sadness, she partied because she thought she was finally free of her responsibilities.

You cannot compare Casey's actions to those who lost a loved one and turn to distraction to help them through their grief. :twocents:

Ok, I haven't read this whole thread yet, decided to post after reading just a few posts.. Yes, I feel bad for Casey :hand: ... I feel bad because she is so young and her life is now ruined. Yes, I know, she brought this on herself and has only herself to blame. I personally don't care how many guys she slept with, and I don't care if she wants to party and have fun. What I do care about is the fact she was stealing money and that she KILLED HER DAUGHTER, and lied, so she could have her freedom. Instead, it all backfired. I don't understand why people kill in order to gain freedom? They always end up losing it in the end. All that said, yes, I feel bad for Casey. I really don't know what she was thinking when this all went down. Right now I think she is so far deep into her lies that it would be very hard to get her to confess. :behindbar

I totally agree. I still think she deserves to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but I do feel sad for her. She could have made far better choices in her life, worked a real job, left Caylee with her parents, finished school, etc., but she didn't and I feel bad for her that she made such bad choices. I feel worse for Caylee, though, because she had to pay for those bad choices in the worst way.

I have thought the same thing many times throughout this whole ordeal. If Casey was unattractive and/or didn't take care of herself...if Caylee were not so cute...if the Anthony's didn't live in a middle/upper class neighborhood...this case would have never become the sensation that it has. I'll leave it at that. MOO

ITA. I posted the same sentiment a few weeks ago. SHE HAD EVERYTHING and wanted MORE......that sucks the rest of the world in because it shows evil acts can occur anywhere in society, all levels...even perfect suburbia with pretty moms and precious children...

If it were a horrific accident, she would have my sympathy and a admonishment for having been negligent in keeping her child out of harm's way. If it were a horrific accident, reason suggests one reports that immediately in order to begin to process through the aftermath. If it were a horrific accident, reason demands you don't carry around the body for days long enough to collect the death smell in the car so much so that it lingers a month after the fact. If it were a horrific accident, reason suggests that one doesn't go to a night club night after night drinking and laughing and having a grand time. If it were a horrific accident, reason keeps one from stealing from your best friend for a shopping spree to ingratiate yourself into your boyfriend's apartment because you have no where else to live.

If it were a horrific accident, Caylee would be respectfully buried, not rotting somewhere.

KC can't even begin to say it was an accident.

DO I FEEL SAD FOR CASEY?
2wrev4z.jpg

Sad for the fact that this is the reality of the situation.....sad that KC used her powers for evil not good...not sad for KC, sickened too much, sad will come later when she comes clean...if she ever does.

Absolutely NOT!!!

I am with you. I feel sorry only for ALL of her VICTIMS.

Look at the numbers of people who she has hurt and is still hurting.

Caylee is dead and has no decent burial, her parent's lives are ruined and CA may not make it through this, her brother is hiding out somewhere, there are people who thought they were her friends who have been lied to, stolen from, and totally betrayed, her grandparents have been stolen from and will have to finish living out their short lives knowing their granddaughter was murdered by her own mother, the zanny who can't find a job over it, the list goes on and on. These are the people I have sympathy and compassion for, not KC who does not care what she did to any of them.

The problem is, no one on this forum knows for 100% sure that she is a Sociopath. Only a trained professional who spends time with her can say what mental illnesses or personality disorders she has.

More than likely she is Sociopathic but without knowing for sure, it's impossible to say.

I prefer narcissist psychopath - Is that better?

I prefer narcissist psychopath - Is that better?

LOL I agree there is something wrong with her but I just wanted to clarify to those who show compassion only because of her disorder, to not lean so much on that until we know for sure what she has been diagnosed with if anything.

I hold no compassion for her no matter what disorder she has. There are plenty of people who have some form of personality disorder that don't go around murdering children.

I feel sad that a mother that was blessed with a beautiful healthy little girl could hurt that little girl for her own selfishness. Very sad!

People 'party' after funerals to ease the pain.

when my grandfather recently died, we 'partied' with a quiet dinner with his family and friends at a restaurant not far from his final resting place.

we didn't exactly 'party it up' by joining hot body contests in bars. wonder how my grandmother would have fared in that...:crazy:

I have some compassion because I acknowledge that we just don't know all the facts yet. I still hold onto this pathetic belief that Caylee is out there somewhere. I feel compassion in the sense that in the case of alleged infanticide women are always targeted prematurely, unfairly and the most harshly because women - mothers - are supposed to be the 'nurturer'. Of course in a lot of cases the condemnation of the mother as suspect is entirely justified, however Casey has not been found guilty (yet). I want to know more than I do - more than we all do. I generally believe that things are never as they seem - this case alone is testament to that as there have been so many inconsistencies, twists and turns. While most inconsistencies can be contributed to the As; not all of them were from them. As somebody studying law I absolutely believe in a fair trial, equality before the law and the presumption of innocence; perhaps this is to my detriment and has affected the way I see the 'reality' of this case. Just like Casey, Lindy Chamberlain also had an outrageous story that a Dingo stole her baby. She received a trial by media first, then an eventual trial (complete with biased jurors) and was found guilty. However Lindy was actually innocent and was later acquitted.

respectively snipped

I always believed Lindy Chamberlain was innocent and telling the truth. Regardless of what the press said, I was shocked when she was found guilty.

One look at her and I could see a mother in shock and later grief stricken. The expression in her eyes never changed.

Just like KC, the difference being that KC looked empty. The only tears I have seen KC cry have been for herself and her loss of freedom.

Yesterday I think we saw a prime example of what KC has been doing in JB's office every day. JB gave a prepared speech with KC by his side. He got all the way through KC is a mother with a lost child-no tears. She is also someone's child-tears sprang; once again thinking of herself. If the tears had been for Caylee (or for her loss of Caylee) they would have started just a click sooner. All those hours of practicing crying on command were wasted when KC's true feelings got in the way, once again.

When children are the victims of horrific accidents, the person with them calls 911 and then does what they can until help arrives. Then people go to the hospital and sit by bedsides, or to the funeral home and make arrangements. When horrific accidents happen to children, their parents don't put their little bodies in car trunks and tote them around before putting them in swamps or dumpsters. They report the accident. They treat the body with respect and decency. They don't lie to their own parents, saying that the child is still alive having a good time with them at conferences. They don't wait 31 days after the fact to report the horrific occurance until after someone else has called the police. They don't lie to the police. They tell the truth about what happened.

for renewing my faith in humanity. Feeling empathy and compassion for others is what makes us whole human beings. As human beings, our brains are hardwired to feel empathy and compassion - that is why we've survived and even flourished as a species. When the neuron pathways are blocked, when the pheromone/chemical doesn't connect with neurons, if mirror neurons don't form, then we are broken human beings. We don't know yet why this chemical is blocked or not released by the brain and we may never know, because we're a sum of all our experiences - it isn't nature or nurture, it's nature and nurture and the two can't be separated.

As we mature we go through stages of empathy and compassion development. we learn that others may have different responses, thoughts and feelings about similar situations. We learn that those thoughts etc., are as valid as our own even if they are different from ours. No matter how wrong we believe that other person's thoughts and responses are we still understand that the other person is experiencing those thoughts and responses. As babies we begin by imitating those responses and by the time we are adults we have formed a theory of mind - we can not only imitate others' emotions, we can understand, feel empathy and compassion and recognize those emotions in others without the belief of the superiority of our own emotions or that our emotions supercede the need of others.

How this development breaks down in some human beings is unknown fully at this point in time. We do know that humans are reactive and adaptive, that hardwiring in the brain develops quickly in some humans, slowly in others and not at all for some or develops contrarily in a few. We know that for those who are chronically depressed that neurons may not function as those who are not depressed or that neuronal pathways are blocked for some reason. Why some people exhibit extreme behavioral abnormalities which are described as sociopathy or personality disorders is still unknown. Behavior is mostly learned but it is experienced in the brain as a chemical reaction - human beings are basically big bags of chemicals - so more and more scientists are coming to the understanding that we are a sum of all our parts, nature, nurture and environment.

That you feel compassion and empathy and pity for this woman and her family isn't weird, it's normal human behavior. Feeling compassion and sorrow for Casey and Caylee aren't mutually exclusive, they are mutually inclusive - it is a recognition on your part that these are real human beings who are a part of ourselves as a species and society and any destruction of the potential of the human spirit is diminishing to our humanity.

Now we have this young woman who has left a swath of destruction that can never be repaired; Caylee has had her life snuffed out, her parents are emtionally devastated and guilt ridden which will never leave them, her brother has been the victim of the most cruel and vicious rumours and for what? So that she can experience a moment or two in life that is so fleeting, so meaningless, so unredemptive that most people don't even remember it as they grow older. For Casey, a party, a boyfriend, a nightclub, fashionable clothes were so important to her that she was willing to kill for them, destroy friendships and cause unimaginable grief to her family - and aren't those the saddest, most inconsequential reasons of all? Why shouldn't she be pitied for that? How much more broken can a human being be? She's as sick as someone who has cancer and what's worse is that she can never be cured - there's no treatment that's going to fix this or make it better, it's already killed her as sure as it's killed Caylee and those who loved them. We should pity them all.
Thank you, Bev. I've been mulling over my reply to the OP's question since early this morning and came back to post it, but you've beaten me to it. It's amazing how closely your opinion mirrors my own, point for point.

I've respectfully bolded part of your statement to emphasize its relevance to the OP and his quandary. And to that I would only add: The gift of insight is often a double-edged sword. Your conflict stems from your ability to discern the individual from the deed. Peace be with you, brother. To hate the sin and love the sinner is righteous.

The problem is, no one on this forum knows for 100% sure that she is a Sociopath. Only a trained professional who spends time with her can say what mental illnesses or personality disorders she has.

More than likely she is Sociopathic but without knowing for sure, it's impossible to say.

Sociopath or not, she is deserving of little to no compassion. THE only compassion that I could possibly feel for her would be in the event she was harmed as a child by someone that she trusted, then in that event I would feel compassion for THAT, but not for what she chose to do once she was a GROWN woman fully capable of making another different choice.

Also, speaking from a direct knowledge of having been spawned BY a sociopath and also having at least one, and probably 2 siblings who are also textbook sociopaths, I can reach an educated conclusion without the aid of any "trained" professional assisting. I have been trained in the school of experience where sociopaths are concerned, and I can theorize in all likelihood, based on her behaviors and or lack of appropriate behaviors-this girl IS a sociopath to the tenth degree...:crazy:

Yes, I too feel sad for her. I feel sad because she is missing out on one the greatest gifts... the love of your child. There is NO other love like it... and that helps me understand why her parnets go to the extreme for her as they do. She is their child and always will be.

I feel worse for her parents.... they not only lost their granddaughter, however their daughter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes