*REVISIT*Immunity email from State Attorney to Baez

Has anyone noticed the Title used by the sender of the immunity e-mail.

Linda Drane Burdick
Sex Crimes/Child abuse unit Chief

Does LE think that a Sex crime has occured?

It is not officially a homicide investigation, the child neglect charges falls under the Child Abuse Unit heading.

Does anyone else find it significant that they gave him the contact info for a homicide investigator?

Does anyone else find it significant that they gave him the contact info for a homicide investigator?

I certainly did. The child sex abuse was explained at the bond hearing, but homicide investigators are in a different category. IMO, they are now treating this as a homicide.

This maybe a dumb question but when they talk about the immunity are they refering to the 3 pending charges or new charges?

I think LE is referring to the current charges.
I wouldn't think they can offer immunity to charges they haven't filed for as of yet?
Which makes me think that because LE is referring to the current charges and has offered immunity that is why they havent filed for homicide charges.
Tuesday the deal goes off the table, at which time I think we will see new charges and no deal.

thank you for bringing this up. i was just going off in chat about it. This email states that they spoke with Baez TWICE regarding this deal, yet only YESTERDAY, he claims publically that he knows nothing about it? An ATTORNEY would not be so stupid...why did he lie when he had to have known he would be caught??

Baez isn't obligated to inform the public about his defense. He can't prevent the media from questioning him but it would be illogical to require a defense attorney to provide an honest answer every time the media asks him something. Would you like it if I asked your doctor or your psychiatrist or your lawyer for personal and priveleged information about you? Baez isn't really "lying" here in the practical sense of that word.

Anyone that's offended because Baez might not be entirely forthcoming with his responses to the media should get over it already.

Well now we all know JB is a liar too....he has done his client no favours by making all sorts of crazy statements. Indicating to LE that Casey knows where Caylee is, then telling us to look for her. How dumb does he think we are?? IMOO

See my most recent post, just above this one.

Utterly ridiculous! Why is Casey being treated with kid gloves? I'd like to know how this case would have gone if she was a poor AA kid and her name was T'Nesha.

Amen CASuzk.

I might be able to stomach the coddling of Miss Casey IF there was a reasonable hope that we would learn the REAL TRUTH from her.

Considering she's been described by people as a pathological liar & by her own mother as a sociopath.... it's beyond disgusting that this continues to have endless people going out of their way to ENABLE her sick behavior.

Maybe next we'll see people offering her a real nice condo & new car if she'll only be nice enough to maybe agree to cooperate? If not, maybe they can sweeten the deal with a big screen tv. Anything to make poor Casey happy & willing to stop lying for just a minute or two. :furious::furious:

I think LE is referring to the current charges.
I wouldn't think they can offer immunity to charges they haven't filed for as of yet?
Which makes me think that because LE is referring to the current charges and has offered immunity that is why they havent filed for homicide charges.
Tuesday the deal goes off the table, at which time I think we will see new charges and no deal.

Thanks!

The fact that Baez asked for this limited immunity deal over a month ago has set off my hinky-dink meter.
What if he has known all of this time where Caylee's body is, wouldn't that be illegal and unethical on his part?
Even though he has the attorney/client privilege it would seem that withholding that kind of info could be big trouble for him.
He has to know something, why else would he be wanting a deal?

The fact that Baez asked for this limited immunity deal over a month ago has set off my hinky-dink meter.
What if he has known all of this time where Caylee's body is, wouldn't that be illegal and unethical on his part?
Even though he has the attorney/client privilege it would seem that withholding that kind of info could be big trouble for him.
He has to know something, why else would he be wanting a deal?
I believe he can't disclose anything Casey has told him because of the attorney-client privilege. I think the only time that an attorney can violate that is if it would prevent a crime from happening in the future, like if she told him she was going to murder her mother tomorrow at 2:00.

However, the fact that Baez was the one who originally asked for the immunity deal back in July tells me that Casey has told him what really happened. People who are truly innocent don't ask for immunity deals because they have no information to give. I think the fact that LE is willing to offer the deal means that they need Casey to tell them where the body is because they can't find it themselves. They also need her to tell them how Caylee died, because they don't know if it was intentional or accidental and at this point, the body will probably be too decomposed for them to tell from autopsy. Hopefully Baez is trying to get Casey to see that it's in her best interest to take the immunity deal and talk.

I wish I could read this document, but my Hubble telescope broke just yesterday. Seriously, the print is so tiny that even with my super duper invisible line tri-focals and a 10x magnifying glass, there appears to be nothing but gray smudges on the document. Can someone direct me to the large-print version?

I wish I could read this document, but my Hubble telescope broke just yesterday. Seriously, the print is so tiny that even with my super duper invisible line tri-focals and a 10x magnifying glass, there appears to be nothing but gray smudges on the document. Can someone direct me to the large-print version?

LOL!!! Sorry to hear about your telescope. lol

Don't you have an option in your PDF Reader to Zoom In (it will enlarge the print)?

IMO, LE has been treating this as a homicide investigation for some time now; i.e., no ongoing organized grid searching has been conducted. Some may say they didn't know where to start but I'm not buying that.

Bump-the good ole days. I never actually saw this e-mail correspondence when it was first published...

Lawyers-Can the state bring up the fact that KC's attorney suggested that she had further information on the case, yet she chose not to follow-through?

It appears that LDB is implying that JB wanted the immunity first before even detailing the information they would offer in exchange...sounds like none was offered by JB and ICA but the expectation was that the State would just give ICA immunity without knowing what information was to be given and I guess would just have to take it on faith that ICA was being truthful for the immunity deal when previously the truth and ICA had been strangers...

Looking back on all these older threads is wonderful. I'm amazed at how much we have learned since these earlier days. One thing always stays the same though, Jose Baez and his antics. :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back