Rhornsby Legal Q&A #3 Relevant to the Anthony Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, most of my thoughts involve something that rhymes with "Casey Anthony is tucked," so you can just imagine what my comments would involve...

Aw...come on now..
Go ahead and tell us what you are thinking...
:dance::dance:

RHornsby,
What were your thoughts on kc's breakdown during J Ashton's talk? Do you think it showed consciousness of guilt?
Thank you

Question for Mr. Hornsby,
During the capitol trial, will photo's be shown to the entire court of the remains? Will photos be passed around to the jury?

I am curious to know if the jury and rest of the court will be able to see the duct tape and its exact position on the skull..
Thank you.

Question for Mr. Hornsby,
During the capitol trial, will photo's be shown to the entire court of the remains? Will photos be passed around to the jury?

I am curious to know if the jury and rest of the court will be able to see the duct tape and its exact position on the skull..
Thank you.

As long as pictures are necessary to advance an evidentiary argument, and not being offered just to shock the jury, then yes they will likely be admitted.

The state offered up a bit of their theory today regarding how Caylee was murdered. Do you think they may have been intentionally vague on chemical vs. physical restraint, so that their whole strategy is not revealed prior to trial ? Or do you think this is what the state has and what they will present to the jury to decide ?

The state offered up a bit of their theory today regarding how Caylee was murdered. Do you think they may have been intentionally vague on chemical vs. physical restraint, so that their whole strategy is not revealed prior to trial ? Or do you think this is what the state has and what they will present to the jury to decide ?
Yes and Yes :angel:

Why didn't Jeff Ashton name the substance prepared and administered to Caylee by the killer?

Because he doesn't know for a fact that is what happened, thus the alternative hypothesis of physical restraint versus chemical restraint.

What was your favorite quote from the hearing today?

Due to the lack of a cause of death, will the state end up presenting, to the jury, the argument that the defendant should not be rewarded because she was able to hide the body until it had reached the point of skeletonization ? I see the lack of a cause of death, a problem, but one that is unavoidable when dealing with advanced decomposition, such as in this case.

Because he doesn't know for a fact that is what happened, thus the alternative hypothesis of physical restraint versus chemical restraint.

The only thing that is not up for debate, imo, would be that KC had no clue Caylee was dead and likely could care less. Given the fact that it is pretty obvious that there was a dead toddler in KC's car...what will the defense argue next?

The facts are what they are. Tucked as you called it is precisely what KC is. And by the time the jury gets this case likely so angry as to gas her.

I don't know about anybody else but I sure thought it was Guilty as Sin!!!!!!!!JMO

R, a few things:

1. Most important, congrats on your nuptials and 1 wk anniversary

2. What are the ramifications if AL decided to step down at this point? (e.g. would there be grounds for an appeal based on lack of consistent counsel or would speed to trial just be delayed until new counsel is up to speed? Any others?)

3. Does the amount of eye contact a judge maintains with you while arguing your case glean insight as to whether you've won? 4 example, JS seemed mesmerized with the state...not so much with the defense

4. Before today, I got the impression you felt the state may not even win any sort of conviction. Then I read your "KC is (well, you know)" statement. If my impression is correct, what swayed you?

5. What kind of consideration do you think the state would give if the defense were to at this point?

P.S. All of these questions pertain to the criminal trial. TY, Mish

One more queston, apologies if this has been asked before.

If this was your case, would you try to encourage Casey to take a plea deal ?

Can Casey be medicated for her trial?
I wonder if she is already medicated with some sort of anti-depressant. Sometimes lawyers like to take their clients off of psych meds before trial, so that they will appear more emotional in front of the jury. I am not saying this will happen in this case, but I have heard of it happening in prior trials.

Anti-depressants tend to make the client numb, less emotional. A jury could take that as being cold and uncaring.

R, a few things:

1. Most important, congrats on your nuptials and 1 wk anniversary

2. What are the ramifications if AL decided to step down at this point? (e.g. would there be grounds for an appeal based on lack of consistent counsel or would speed to trial just be delayed until new counsel is up to speed? Any others?)

3. Does the amount of eye contact a judge maintains with you while arguing your case glean insight as to whether you've won? 4 example, JS seemed mesmerized with the state...not so much with the defense

4. Before today, I got the impression you felt the state may not even win any sort of conviction. Then I read your "KC is (well, you know)" statement. If my impression is correct, what swayed you?

5. What kind of consideration do you think the state would give if the defense were to at this point?

P.S. All of these questions pertain to the criminal trial. TY, Mish

I don't think Lyon will step down at any time (but could she please get her hair did if we have to watch her for the remainder?).

Well, it is hard to maintain eye contact with someone if you don't agree with them. And since the defense was arguing against well established law, it probably was hard for Judge Strickland to look at them in agreement.

As for Casey, my opinion about the strength of the case vacillates from day to day. While I think the evidence of premeditation is weak; I saw how Casey reacted when Ashton spoke, and it looked to me like a girl who got caught in the act and was trying to deny it. So in a way, her reaction to a compelling and logical argument is what swayed me for yesterday.

I don't think Lyon will step down at any time (but could she please get her hair did if we have to watche her for the remainder?).

Well, it is hard to maintain eye contact with someone if you don't agree with them. And since the defense was arguing against well established law, it probably was hard for Judge Strickland to look at them in agreement.

As for Casey, my opinion about the strength of the case vacillates from day to day. While I think the evidence of premeditation is week; I saw how Casey reacted when Ashton spoke, and it looked to me like a girl who got caught in the act and was trying to deny it. So in a way, her reaction to a compelling and logical argument is what swayed me for yesterday.

Richard what was your impression of her asking JB to make him stop?

I don't think Lyon will step down at any time (but could she please get her hair did if we have to watche her for the remainder?).

As for Casey, my opinion about the strength of the case vacillates from day to day. While I think the evidence of premeditation is week; I saw how Casey reacted when Ashton spoke, and it looked to me like a girl who got caught in the act and was trying to deny it. So in a way, her reaction to a compelling and logical argument is what swayed me for yesterday.

I am a little surprised that you were swayed a little by KC’s reaction yesterday. It seemed to me that JB and AL were somewhat surprised by JA’s argument. I think team Baez failed to anticipate such an emotional argument by the prosecution, and thus, did not prepare KC for this ahead of time. KC’s reaction in hearing for the first time, such a powerful and moving allegation against her made in front of everyone, and the content of that argument, would seem to the reaction of any young mother being accused of such a gruesome deed whether she was guilty or not. Personally, I think it was JA’s argument itself that was so compelling, and for all of us here in the court of public opinion, that argument coming from him is what makes KC look guilty. I think any reaction by KC would have been interpreted as guilt by most of us, simply because JA’s argument was very moving. Moo
Have you changed any of your predictions on how the judge will rule, now that you have heard the arguments?

I am a little surprised that you were swayed a little by KC’s reaction yesterday. It seemed to me that JB and AL were somewhat surprised by JA’s argument. I think team Baez failed to anticipate such an emotional argument by the prosecution, and thus, did not prepare KC for this ahead of time. KC’s reaction in hearing for the first time, such a powerful and moving allegation against her made in front of everyone, and the content of that argument, would seem to the reaction of any young mother being accused of such a gruesome deed whether she was guilty or not. Personally, I think it was JA’s argument itself that was so compelling, and for all of us here in the court of public opinion, that argument coming from him is what makes KC look guilty. I think any reaction by KC would have been interpreted as guilt by most of us, simply because JA’s argument was very moving. Moo
Have you changed any of your predictions on how the judge will rule, now that you have heard the arguments?
No, only clarified one. If KC is found guilty in the Check Fraud case, he basically said he would adjudicate her guilty and sentence her to time served on all counts (she has over a year's worth of jail credit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53