RI RI - Camilla 'Cam' Lyman, 54, Hopkinton, July 1987

Right...Id like to visit his wife and see if he ever confessed anything... (I just want to, I would never). He was convicted of embezzling $15,000 from Cam- he received one year probation and a $450 fine...jerk

When was he convicted? I'd assume they did an audit of her finances sometime during the investigation into her disappearance. Judge Urso, in her June, 1995 ruling, stated that O'Neill's testimony wasn't wholly credible.

1) O'Neill was convicted of embezzled from her
2) He didn't report her missing
3) He stood to financially gain from her
4) He had access to the property where she was last seen
5) His testimony wasn't "wholly credible" during court proceedings
6) He apparently had access to the $4,000,000.00 in missing antiques from her estate

Did I miss anything? I think there's plenty of motive here.

adding: i knew Cam very briefly a few years before "his" disappearance; I also show dogs. And George O'Neil died a few years ago.

O'Neil knew the property. A random intruder would not have known about the septic tank. Was the property searched by cadaver dogs in 1987? Did they find the bullet/s? My guess is Lyman caught O'Neil stealing. After he killed Lyman he stole some of the valuables and left enough so it would not seem extremely obvious to investigators. Sounds like police bungled the investigation from the start.

I found the answer to one of my previous questions. If this article is correct they did not search the property with cadaver dogs in 1988 when Lyman was first reported missing. O'Neil said he had a fight on the phone with Lyman and the next day he found the phone ripped from the wall. Yet they don't search the property? Talk about incompetent investigating.

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/jan/11/news/mn-7138

"George Weeden, then the local police chief, saw no reason to doubt O'Neil's contention that Lyman frequently went off for extended periods without telling anyone. So Weeden chose not to dig up Lyman's property to look for her."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back