Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...If JB's DNA was on any of the GB4, why wouldn't he be charged with their murders just as Rita and Colleen?

Well...If JB's DNA was on any of the GB4, why wouldn't he be charged with their murders just as Rita and Colleen?

I think that fellow posters are stating that John Bittrolff can't be connected to the bodies on Gilgo beach, nor can Joesph Brewer - As they believe LE has a DNA sample from at least one Gilgo beach victims that eliminates both of them

Yesterday I was wondering what connection Bittrolff might have had to an address on Esplanade Drive. This morning it dawned on me that a lot might have changed since 1993/94. I checked out a lot of listings for the houses on Esplanade Dr. I couldn't find a single one listed as having been built before 1998 (mind you, I didn't check every single one). So I began to wonder why the heck there would be a road (Esplanade Dr.) to nowhere but woods. This morning this jumped out at me:

The next morning, a youth riding an all-terrain vehicle found her partially buried body in a wooded area near an abandoned housing development in the village
http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrev...orville-man-charged-in-two-cold-case-murders/

"Abandoned" is an odd word to use, imo. It makes me think that the housing development was started prior to 1993, and then, for some reason (financial, perhaps?) just given up on. By 1998/99 homes were built. So I'm just scratching my head wondering what the hell the deal was with this housing development and if Bittrolff had anything to do with it. Perhaps he knew the development because he had started construction work there? I dunno.

Another interesting thing I noticed this morning: Tangredi was last seen hitchhiking on Montauk Hwy east of County Rd. 101. Her body was discovered in the woods off Esplanade Dr. Both locations are very close to one another. So I wondered where she might have been killed. Couldn't find a hotel or motel in the immediate area, and don't have any information that connects Bitrrolff to a residence in that area...but if the housing development was "abandoned" at that time, I think it's reasonable to assume Bitrrolff might have picked up Tangredi on Montauk Hwy, drove her to the abandoned housing development, and killed her right where she was found.

Just a thought.

I think that fellow posters are stating that John Bittrolff can't be connected to the bodies on Gilgo beach, nor can Joesph Brewer - As they believe LE has a DNA sample from at least one Gilgo beach victims that eliminates both of them

*sigh* Yeah...I was hoping JB was responsible for all. This means there may be 2 sk's on the loose on Long Island. Too much for comfort.

Another thing I found interesting: Colleen McNamee was last seen getting into a small blue car in front of the Blue Dawn Diner in Islandia. The car drove east on Veterans Memorial Hwy. Her body was found in Shirley,off William Floyd Parkway, south of the LI Expressway. So I looked that up on google maps. (Okay, don't hate me...I've been all over the map this morning) I noticed that Revilo Ave. is right in that area. Just this morning I was looking up something or someone and got a Revilo Dr. address. Now I can't figure out who or what I was looking at that gave me that address. Looking through my history now. I know I did some digging on possible Barthelemy connections to the area, and also some digging on Costilla connections to the area, but I can't for the life of me recall how that Revilo addy came up.

:gaah:

ETA: Found it!! It was someone named Sandrine Barthelemy! Found it because I was curious as to how Amanda B. might have met Melissa, since Melissa was from Buffalo. No time to check this out further right now. Interesting, though. Might be just a coincidence, but it's an odd one, for sure.

*sigh* Yeah...I was hoping JB was responsible for all. This means there may be 2 sk's on the loose on Long Island. Too much for comfort.
But it could be anything at this point. LE just said there were dissimilarities. It could be anything from dna or a very distinct signature.
Or I should add it could also be them just saying that till they are 100% sure its him so they don't hurt the family any more then they need to. <modsnip>

Check and check, Foreigner. My research points in the same direction. Have you been able to make a connection from PL's fb friend JT to Rita? I looked some yesterday, but just couldn't get my head in the game. I'll see what I can dig up this morning while having my coffee, but if you've already found something, feel free to save me the search. ;)

The name 'Tangredi' is a sort of common Italian last name. When you search it on FB, for example, numerous people come up, including numerous people with the name Rita.

That being said, the person with that last name could be a cousin of Rita. I'm half Italian, and I know from experience that in Italian communities of any size, one often turns out to be a cousin or someone who came from the same place in Italy as your ancestors, or they're related by marriage. In the town where I grew up (over 1 million in population), I never wanted to date anybody who was Italian because the odds that they were related to me were pretty strong.

For the last time, if you cannot link it, you cannot post it, or even mention it.

There's an article in Newsday dated July 24, 2014 titled, "The DNA quest; Prosecutors detail long trail to cold-case suspect..." by Andrew Smith.

It states that it took LE 11 months to piece together DNA evidence in this case. They did this by digging through the suspect's garbage, and by picking up cigarette butts flung from car windows by his wife and brother. The prosecutors then used this evidence to take to a judge yesterday in order to get a formal court-ordered DNA sample from JB. The request was granted.

In addition, the article says:
DNA surreptitiously collected from Bittrolff matches DNA in semen retrieved from the women's bodies, authorities said, but defense attorney Harry Tilis of Bohemia said that also doesn't mean his client killed them.

And this:
Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla said there's more than DNA that ties Bittrolff to the crimes.
"Given this guy's comments when he was interviewed by the police, I think there's substantial evidence," Biancavilla said yesterday.

This all came from an affidavit that Newsday obtained. According to that affidavit, the investigation began on August 16 when the crime lab was alerted by the hit from his brother's DNA when it was entered into the system. They started following the family members on January 11.

A new article that states JB is being investigated for Sandra Castilla's murder. It says she was found in November, 1993. It also says that he is being investigated because of similarities between the three crime scenes.

http://www.27east.com/news/article.cfm/General-Interest-Southampton/72342/Death-Of-Woman-In-North-Sea-20-Years-Ago-Could-Be-Linked-To-Manorville-Man-Investigators-Say

An interesting part of that article is a sentence toward the end that says she wasn't a prostitute but "lived a similar lifestyle." What does that mean?

I know that reports have said that Rita was hitchhiking when she disappeared. I wonder if he knew she was a prostitute, or if he simply picked her up because she was an easy target? The same thing for Colleen, who went missing from a diner. That's not the usual place for a prostitute to solicit business, is it? I'm starting to wonder if he wasn't targeting them because of prostitution. There's no evidence yet that says he did or didn't. If he didn't, then it might start to eliminate him as a possible Manorville suspect. He's not a suspect in those murders at this time, but LE only stated he didn't fit the Gilgo profile.

This all came from an affidavit that Newsday obtained. According to that affidavit, the investigation began on August 16 when the crime lab was alerted by the hit from his brother's DNA when it was entered into the system. They started following the family members on January 11.

So, on Jan 11 2014 LE started lurking in the bushes to see if JB might throw a butt out the window. Wouldn't it have been easier, and a quicker path to justice, to stop by his house on August 16 2013, and told him "We need you to swish this cotton swab around in your mouth, thank you"? They wait five months before they start monitoring JB's movements? Because they're such experts on the matter that they just know he won't be doing anything awful during that period? Incredible.

There's an article in Newsday dated July 24, 2014 ...

Just wondering, aren't we putting up the links to Newsday stories? For some reason I can always read that paper without being told I need to subscribe (maybe I have a lifetime subscription or something).

Just wondering, aren't we putting up the links to Newsday stories? For some reason I can always read that paper without being told I need to subscribe (maybe I have a lifetime subscription or something).

I can't get the links because I'm maxed out on free views. I am only able to see it via Lexis-Nexis through my university's library. That's why I post the title, date, and author; I hope you guys can then find the article if you're a subscriber or not maxed out on views. Sorry about that. I would link it if I could. Lexis-Nexis won't let me link it.

It is confusing to know what is meant by the phrase " Manorville victims." LE has said these two murders are not linked to the Gilgo Beach victims, not linked to the "10 victims". Are they saying Bittroff is not linked to the Manorville victims Jane Doe #6, Jessica Taylor, and Jane Doe #10 or are they saying he is not linked to any other Manorville victims? Are they purposefully being ambiguous?

JB was supposed to go before a grand jury today but I haven't seen any updates yet.

Maybe you're an Optimum subscriber?

Another thing I found interesting: Colleen McNamee was last seen getting into a small blue car in front of the Blue Dawn Diner in Islandia. The car drove east on Veterans Memorial Hwy. Her body was found in Shirley,off William Floyd Parkway, south of the LI Expressway. So I looked that up on google maps. (Okay, don't hate me...I've been all over the map this morning) I noticed that Revilo Ave. is right in that area. Just this morning I was looking up something or someone and got a Revilo Dr. address. Now I can't figure out who or what I was looking at that gave me that address. Looking through my history now. I know I did some digging on possible Barthelemy connections to the area, and also some digging on Costilla connections to the area, but I can't for the life of me recall how that Revilo addy came up.

:gaah:

ETA: Found it!! It was someone named Sandrine Barthelemy! Found it because I was curious as to how Amanda B. might have met Melissa, since Melissa was from Buffalo. No time to check this out further right now. Interesting, though. Might be just a coincidence, but it's an odd one, for sure.

OK, I am desperately trying to catch up here. Two days ago I wanted to check in but got distracted.

So, I will start here: Almost since the beginning, we have discussed the killers focus and obsession with MB. We noted how he seemed particularly invested in her over the rest of the GB4. We know that this JB has connections to Rita T and that MB was best friend's with Rita's daughter. We also know that JB lived or is associated with Shirley, Mastic Beach, Moriches, and Manorville by 2003 (Thinking of JT and the slight built male found in 2003) Which reminds me of the exit numbers, near Manorville, and the rest stops off the LIE where gay men set up dates. Then I think of JT's head and hands, IIRC, being found near Jones Beach Parking Area also known as a place where gay men met for "dates."). It has also been stated on this thread that before Manorville he had an address that was near the shore across from Fire Island. (Thinking of 1996 JD "Legs"/Fire Island)

It is important to note that LE has NOT SAID that JB is not suspected in GB4. They have only said that there is no evidence to connect him or to link the cases at this time. I don't think they have ruled him out and LE has NEVER said anything about DNA being found on GB4 or AC4.

Things We Know:
He is a near 50 white male
He is a construction worker/carpenter which infers he knows how to use a saw and or power tools. (He likely has a shop to work in.)
He has a criminal history going back to 1987. (He would have been 21 years old.)
He appears to be at least loosely linked with this "Ministry." (I'm thinking of facing the AC4 to the East and wrapping the GB4 in burlap which has been sometimes linked to an old religious consequence/reference to wearing a hair shirt. A form of penance.)
He has had a DUI (Thinking of Drunk White guy.)
He has been referred to as a hunter.

JB has lived in Manorville and near Fire Island.
Kim Raffo lived in the same town as JB, at some point.
CM, SC and RT where killed in the fall into early winter 1993 and 1994...so was JD Fire Island 1996... who was also found in January.
AC4 were killed in the fall of 2006
GB4 were all killed in the summer months June-Labor Day. (2007-2010)
AC LE believes there may be a connection between GB4 and AC4

Something interesting that I found:
There is only one person listed in NY with his wife's name. I can't confirm with 100% certainty that it is his wife but this PAA is associated/working for a company at this location:
http://www.zoominfo.com/c/Metro-Door-Inc/54708763 An Address very near the one on Sunrise that we all delved into on Sunrise Hwy
I know I looked at this specific company re: GB4...couldn't begin to tell you when but I believe it was IRT all those LLCs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...1!3m1!1s0x89e8341a29663787:0x72682bde8b4c5dd7

I will leave open the possibility that this JB is responsible for AC4, GB4, Manorville and Fire Island.

OK, I am desperately trying to catch up here. Two days ago I wanted to check in but got distracted.

So, I will start here: Almost since the beginning, we have discussed the killers focus and obsession with MB. We noted how he seemed particularly invested in her over the rest of the GB4. We know that this JB has connections to Rita T and that MB was best friend's with Rita's daughter. We also know that JB lived or is associated with Shirley, Mastic Beach, Moriches, and Manorville by 2003 (Thinking of JT and the slight built male found in 2003) Which reminds me of the exit numbers, near Manorville, and the rest stops off the LIE where gay men set up dates. Then I think of JT's head and hands, IIRC, being found near Jones Beach Parking Area also known as a place where gay men met for "dates."). It has also been stated on this thread that before Manorville he had an address that was near the shore across from Fire Island. (Thinking of 1996 JD "Legs"/Fire Island)

It is important to note that LE has NOT SAID that JB is not suspected in GB4. They have only said that there is no evidence to connect him or to link the cases at this time. I don't think they have ruled him out and LE has NEVER said anything about DNA being found on GB4 or AC4.

Things We Know:
He is a near 50 white male
He is a construction worker/carpenter which infers he knows how to use a saw and or power tools. (He likely has a shop to work in.)
He has a criminal history going back to 1987. (He would have been 21 years old.)
He appears to be at least loosely linked with this "Ministry." (I'm thinking of facing the AC4 to the East and wrapping the GB4 in burlap which has been sometimes linked to an old religious consequence/reference to wearing a hair shirt. A form of penance.)
He has had a DUI (Thinking of Drunk White guy.)
He has been referred to as a hunter.

JB has lived in Manorville and near Fire Island.
Kim Raffo lived in the same town as JB, at some point.
CM, SC and RT where killed in the fall into early winter 1993 and 1994...so was JD Fire Island 1996... who was also found in January.
AC4 were killed in the fall of 2006
GB4 were all killed in the summer months June-Labor Day. (2007-2010)
AC LE believes there may be a connection between GB4 and AC4

Something interesting that I found:
There is only one person listed in NY with his wife's name. I can't confirm with 100% certainty that it is his wife but this PAA is associated/working for a company at this location:
http://www.zoominfo.com/c/Metro-Door-Inc/54708763 An Address very near the one on Sunrise that we all delved into on Sunrise Hwy
I know I looked at this specific company re: GB4...couldn't begin to tell you when but I believe it was IRT all those LLCs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...1!3m1!1s0x89e8341a29663787:0x72682bde8b4c5dd7

I will leave open the possibility that this JB is responsible for AC4, GB4, Manorville and Fire Island.

Nice synopsis! When you put it like that, I have to admit, he does look pretty good for the other murders! I have mostly thought there were 2 or more killers. Still, your post is very compelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa