Robert "Bobby" Amaral
  • Missing Since 07/29/2005
  • Missing FromMaui County, Hawaii
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexMale
  • RaceAsian, Pacific Islander, White
  • Age77 years old
  • Height and Weight5'8, 150 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsAmaral may be suffering from dementia.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsMultiracial male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Amaral is of Pacific Islander, Chinese and Portuguese descent.
Details of Disappearance
Amaral was last seen at his residence in the Lanai area of Maui County, Hawaii on July 29, 2005. He has never been heard from again. Authorities he may have become disoriented and wandered away from home. His case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Maui County Police Department 808-244-6425
Source Information
Robert Amaral – The Charley Project

Robert Amaral - Hawaii Missing Person Directory

https://georgehbalazs.com/wp-conten...7-YEAR-OLD-TO-RESUME-BOBBY-AMARAL-LANAI-1.pdf

This case is mind-boggling. Lana'i is an extremely tiny island. The only place he could have gone was into the woods. Had he tried to leave the island, he would have been seen as it is a very tight knit place. Despite the extensive search for him, he was never located. Lana'i has a very large hunting population that covers a lot of rural ground so it is surprising that despite their island-wide coverage, he has never been found.
The ocean is definitely not an option. He wandered away from the only town which is higher elevation and miles away from the coast. Even if he would have ended up in the water, he would have been found quickly. I'm guessing he fell into a crevasse or ravine of sorts and just went undiscovered. These cases of those with mental illness and dementia are so sad. Strange how so many tend to wander away and how many are never found. There is 100% certainty that no foul play was involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back