Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes it is when the grandmother forgets about the other grandson.

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

We don't know if he is Ronald's child, she would know better than we do imo.

I don't think they have any grand strategies...they just don't want to deal with trials, if possible...

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

Well, this may explain all that has happened. The grandmother hasn't got clue what a good father even is. So what can you expect?

I know. I can't even believe this. I could never play the, well since there is no DNA, there is no proof its my sons child game, especially when so many people refer to the child as his. Its terrible and shows how abusive this family indeed is. For a grandma to not acknowledge even a "possible" grandchild. I really didn't think this case could shock me anymore.

jmo

I don't feel anywhere near as bad about this 15 years as I did for Hope's or Donna Brock's. But if a judge won't look Ronald in the eye, & tell him that he failed his children, then noone will. He should've been made to listen to that. I'm way more disappointed about that than I am the sentence. *%&@#$**

Last count, he had THREE children, Teresa. Why does no one in that family care the "wonderful father" insists on ignoring his third child? :shakehead:

We don't know if he is Ronald's child, she would know better than we do imo.
well, we don't KNOW that the other 2 are his either, but we accept that they are/were, just like we accept that this one is. I don't need to see the paternity test on any of them.

I am so heavy hearted this morning. Nothing for Haleigh. Nothing about what he possibly had to deal w/. How can he just say "yea I'll give you time line info if you"ll cut me a lil break." How can he use his daughter's name like that? How can any info he gives now help anything? I just know we are not going to hear anything anymore about Haleigh unless it's here amongst us humans here who have a want & need to have this beautiful girl remembered!!

I have never ever been diappointed in LE like I am right now. Why is there no outside investigation? This small town force can't be the last and final hope for a disappeared child!
I never bring crystal up because she had nothing to do w/ Haleigh"s disappearence but wth? Where is the public outcry from that side of the family? Why are'nt they protesting outside the courtroom, yelling for justice?

BBM... Is there some way someone, or a group, can get the FBI involved in a case, if they are not from the area involved? Something is definitely wrong here, and I think that everyone in this county is afraid to step up? Again, it reminds me of Dukes of Hazzard, and maybe RC is the Boss Hogg character. (Except he has no money to buy people off.) My opinion only...I am so sick and disheartened. Haleigh needs justice!

Ugh. There it is.

Ron has been a "good enough" boy in jail, apparently. We can hold out hope this indicates Ron was truthful in jail, (as truthful as the investigation tells LE he can be) and therefore, his jailhouse interviews did not negatively affect his sentencing or his plea dealing.

IMO, if LE asked Ron about Haleigh, LE was satisfied with his information being truthful. We can hope that to manage this plea down to 15 years, it was because Ron did shed more light, finally, on what happened to his daughter...

Agree that if someone has spilled the truth about Haleigh during these drugs sentencings, it would not necessarily be reflected in the drug sentencings,but would be reflected in a trial on Haleighs' matter.

IMO, they threw the book at Tommy for the lies he told trying to plea deal (using Haleigh) out of this particular drug charge. Sentence was high for the drug charge - because of the lies he told while attempting to bargain his way out of the drug charge.

Misty's sentence in October will tell us if she lied about Haleigh along with Tommy for her own plea deal, or ... if she, at some point came clean with what she knew, or ... if she simply gave information that verified what LE already knew, and the believe she has no more information to give, IMO.

Hope was disrespectful and talked smack- her tape with her mom was played at trial - she dug her own sentence by showing the judge her attitude begged for maximum minimum. I believe Hope's sentence is in the process of being appealed. Perhaps there is hope for back-talking Hope on appeal.

Do we know what was said in Ron's trial yet? Nada? Just TN, so proud of her son, no one can tell her otherwise? No comment from the judge?

Now we wait for Misty's sentencing...

Everyone try to have a good weekend; I would like to hang and chat here, but I have to travel today - see ya in October, if not before!

IMO, It's possible we actually know more than we think we know. We'll see in October...

Still :praying: for Haleigh.

I know that a lot of people are disappointed in this sentence, but look at it like this...Ron's gonna be locked up long enough that he won't have a hand in raising Jr. Even if he manages to get out early, it would be a cold day in hell, before he got custody.

well, we don't KNOW that the other 2 are his either, but we accept that they are/were, just like we accept that this one is. I don't need to see the paternity test on any of them.

I'm not interested in rumors. The court determined he was the father of HaLeigh and Junior iirc.

I am so heavy hearted this morning. Nothing for Haleigh. Nothing about what he possibly had to deal w/. How can he just say "yea I'll give you time line info if you"ll cut me a lil break." How can he use his daughter's name like that? How can any info he gives now help anything? I just know we are not going to hear anything anymore about Haleigh unless it's here amongst us humans here who have a want & need to have this beautiful girl remembered!!

I have never ever been diappointed in LE like I am right now. Why is there no outside investigation? This small town force can't be the last and final hope for a disappeared child!

I never bring crystal up because she had nothing to do w/ Haleigh"s disappearence but wth? Where is the public outcry from that side of the family? Why are'nt they protesting outside the courtroom, yelling for justice?[/

BBM... Poor Crystal, I now see why she fealt she didn't stand a chance against Ron. she must be so beaten down trying to fignt him. HEzz, it is beating us down just in this case. I can't imagine how it must be to have a "baby's daddy" like RC and have to fight him in court for my children!
Toby, I agree with you 100% about the public outcry. I don't understand LE here, I don't understand the courts here, and most of all I don't understand why the community is allowing this to happen, when a beautiful child is missing and probably murdered! My heart is breaking for Haleigh.:puke:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

"Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence, they said."

oh wow.

Interesting quote. Thanks!

WHY would Crystal be "deeply disappointed" at the minimum maximum minimum served concurrently for Ron? Hmmmm.... Oh gosh, I need to know if she is disappointed it's a light sentence? or disappointed that it's a heavy sentence? :waitasec: Do they (Crystal) know something about Haleigh that absolves Ron or otherwise? I know she's thinking about Jr., but, I am sure she's also thinking about Haleigh...

(LOL. Yes, I'm cheating a peek whilst I pack.)

HELP !!!!! Just got here..Whats the verdict? I haven't had time to read and catch up....And can't wait..

Guess I'll weigh in now.

I still don't know if RC was directly involved with Haleigh's disappearance. I do know that I am totally against drugs. I've seen too many lives ruined by them. I would have hoped that RC would have given them up when Haleigh disappeared - for Jr. I hope that Crystal gave them up. I really do. Directly or indirectly, drugs were involved in ending Haleigh's life, as far are I'm concerned.

That being said, I don't know if I'm happy with 15 years. I'm very pleased that another dealer is off the streets.

The only way I'll be truly happy is if this whole ordeal leads to finding JUSTICE FOR HALEIGH!!!

Okay, someone start a thread about how what Teresa has been quoted as saying here - even makes sense, considering the circumstances.

'Cause it makes no sense to me.

A good father would not be dealing drugs, taking drugs, etc.. In this case, this is EXACTLY why Ron, Teresa, and company, do NOT know where both of Ron's children are.

Shame on her. Tsk, tsk, tsk, on that grandma. Shame shame shame. IMO, she should just keep her mouth shut. Seriously.

Grrrrrrrr. :banghead::banghead:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

"Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence, they said."

Thank you for pointing this out. She needs to get her grief and pain out in the public eye. Holding a huge picture of her daughter or a sign touting "Justice for Haleigh" Something!! Maybe to late now but she is the only hope for continuing media coverage and letting the public never forget, as well as the cummings family.

Urg!! tn on the stand. Really thats all u can come up w/, he's a good father?? umm in my humble opinion ron has shown the world the exact opposite of what a good parent does for their children.

Okay, someone start a thread about how what Teresa has been quoted as saying here - even makes sense, considering the circumstances.

'Cause it makes no sense to me.

A good father would not be dealing drugs, taking drugs, etc.. In this case, this is EXACTLY why Ron, Teresa, and company, do NOT know where both of Ron's children are.

Shame on her. Tsk, tsk, tsk, on that grandma. Shame shame shame. IMO, she should just keep her mouth shut. Seriously.

Grrrrrrrr. :banghead::banghead:

It might even be interesting to see how many people think parents on drugs can be a good parent in the Jury Room. We could get Gitana involved as she is a lawyer who sees this all the time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aingealfire
Back