Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

I really do wish I had not seen that picture! It makes me sick!

Ronald Cummings to be sentenced Friday

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- In hours, Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh Cummings goes before a judge in Putnam County.

Ronald pleaded guilty to three counts of drug trafficking Hydrocodone in July and will be sentenced Friday. Two of the three counts carry a minimum sentence of 15 years.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-sentenced-Friday/_mqm-qrkEkGsdaW6HWxaNw.cspx

article and video at link

"SNIP" From AH...BBM http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/exclusive-kiss-ronald-cummings-bye-bye/

“The machine gun is real,” Steve Brown, adding that his LE contacts advised him they’d retrieved it from a Putnam County drop site after an anonymous tipster heard they were looking for it and phoned in directions to the gun. Other sources tell me a Cummings relative was harboring the illegal weapon for Ronald. :)waitasec:Hmm, let me take a wild guess here, would it be TN or GGMS that turned the gun over? And why were they hiding it? And I would think that LE would of had a sting operation going on when they were notified that the gun would be dropped off and caught on camera who had that gun hidden. I would hope so anyway. Can't wait to find out who had the gun hidden for Ronald and the reason as to why!)

“Phone records show a call Joe called his girlfriend, Jennifer, between six and 9 p.m. that night,” says Chelsea. She was planning to drive him back to Tennessee the next day, sources close to the case tell me. “Tommy called Joe about 10 p.m.,” Chelsea adds, and apparently took the van and picked up Tommy. (Really? Well Chelsea was up late that night and she said early on that she was "NOT SURE" if Joe had taken the van. How can someone be awake and not be sure who took the van? IMO, it's because it was Timmy who took the van! :cow:
Maybe Joe did call Jennifer, and it could of been to ask what time they were leaving in the AM and to let her know where to pick him up at?)

While Tommy has changed his story his ex wife Lindsay, maintains he was home with the kids when she returned from nursing school about 10:15 p.m. and they had dinner and went to bed. She says if he left, she never heard him. (Not sure what to believe here, out of all of them I thought Lindsay would be the one to tell the truth. Maybe after they went to bed Tommy got up and left?)
“She’s adamant,” says Chelsea, “but I have letters contradicting her time line. I’m just not able to explain” the differences. (What letters does Chelsea have? The ones that Misty sends her? Well, Misty is a liar so how would that make what Chelsea is saying true? IMO, Misty is protecting Chelsea, Timmy, Ron, Tommy, and herself. JMO :cow: I think they all know what happen to Haleigh.)

:waitasec:Sources say LE can’t shake his alibi, backed up by cell phone tower pings, co workers and thumb print scan check-ins. :waitasec: (Key word here, "LE CAN'T SHAKE HIS ALIBI" !)

:waitasec:page is now cellmates with Hank Croslin, Sr. Lisa Croslin, tells me in an exclusive phone chat her husband claims Cummings is still selling drugs—from behind bars, that he’s seen friends smuggle pills into the jail via balloons hidden in body cavities.:furious: (Really? Is that why PC jail will "NOT" release any of Ronald's visits?)
:furious:
Croslin Sr. relays to me via family that he hears Cummings cursing and taunting him, screaming he hopes Misty “gets what’s coming to her” and “gets what Haleigh got!”
:furious: (OK, what did Haleigh get Ronald? Did you just sink your ship? If this is true I just can't see how the DA gave him a deal! I just don't get it!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DID HALEIGH GET RONALD? IS HE SAYING HE WAS THERE? DID SHE MISBEHAVE AND THAT IS WHY SHE IS NOW GONE? GRR..:furious:)

....sources close to the case tell me law enforcement has recovered a vintage World War II machine gun in a green Army duffle bag they believe belonged to Cummings.

“That’s exactly how Tommy described it,” Steve Brown, ex FBI agent turned private eye, tells The Bald Truth. “He called it an old ‘Army type machine gun.’ When he said ‘old,’ I was thinking M-16, like Vietnam. But he meant really ‘old,’ and it was old.”

“What it means is that the machine gun is real,” Steve Brown goes on, adding that his law enforcement contacts advised him they’d retrieved it from a Putnam County drop site after an anonymous tipster heard they were looking for it and phoned in directions to the gun. Other sources tell me a Cummings relative was harboring the illegal weapon for Ronald. “The only thing Misty was wrong about was the color of the bag. She said it was black. Maybe Joe had a black coat over it when he left.”
http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/exclusive-kiss-ronald-cummings-bye-bye/

The ONLY thing Misty was wrong about was the color of the bag?

Really Mr. Brown? That's the ONLY thing you can notice that Misty was wrong about?

What about what was supposedly IN the bag when Joe Overstreet left? If this machine gun was recovered IN a "green Army duffle bag", sounds like either Misty was wrong when she said Haleigh was in the bag, or you are wrong about "Maybe Joe had a black coat over it when he left".

:wave: :wave: :behind: :gavel: :seeya: :seeya: :violin: :violin:

:furious: If Ronald gets 15yrs or less I will be of the opinion that there is something very very wrong in that town! :furious:
The video report states the hearing is at 9am, going to search and send a few emails to see if someone will live stream. I sure hope so, they live stream every hearing for Casey, the mother accused of killing her 2 yr old.

Ronald had a friend who was a gun collector, IIRC. I do not think this particular machine gun was even the one in question. This one is just a smoke screen, IMO, for an illegal one that has not been found. IOW, I do not believe a word of it!

the pic on AH.com sickens me. Haleigh had just recently gone missing and they're smiling and tounging for the camera. I want to barf.

Notice the nice new pink New York hoodie Misty is wearing? Must have been quite a shopping trip for her.

MOO

Mel

There is a reporter on Twitter that says he will be in the court room this am with updates and has a twitter link pic of the court house up now. I just asked if it was going to be live stream, no answer yet...I sure hope so.

Update:
Reporter said as far as he knows no live stream but will be giving updates through his twitter account.

His reply to me: i don't think so (live stream), but there should be a full wrap up at noon.. Plus I'll be live tweeting during.

I don't even know where to start with this quote. Misty and Tommy starting talking when arrested yet the DA did not believe anything they had to say. Ron said over and over there was no fight over a gun...he now recants that story. I agree with what another poster said, this is all smoke n mirrors here. The gun in question must not be the one that was all of the sudden turned in. Sounds more and more that what ever happen to Haleigh happen over drugs/guns. Maybe she got shot by one of Ron's guns while being left unattended? I just don't know what to believe anymore. :furious:
“The only thing Misty was wrong about was the color of the bag. She said it was black. Maybe Joe had a black coat over it when he left.”
http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/...mings-bye-bye/

Too too early in the am for me to even attempt to wrap my mind around this article from AH..

One question though.. IF Ronald has told LE everything they’ve wanted to know, does that mean Ronald C has told LE the truth about what happenend to Haleigh and where she is or does that mean he told LE what he wanted to tell them and LE isn't really interested in wanting to know the truth about what happened to Haleigh?

Oh Em...I'm sure he told LE the truth. Haven't you heard? He was at work!

KISS RON goodbye??? ICK!
I'd prefer to lick an ashtray! MOO

It's very simple to me. Ronald needed evidence to back up the story Misty was telling and voila "you can find the gut at".......
The only thing I'm wondering is was the anon. caller TN or GMS?
There has to be more. Surely they dont think finding this gun will convict ToC, MC, and JO of Haleigh's death? I'm like Paul Harvey, I want the rest of the story.

Mornin' all. No live stream anywhere? MadjinLaw, I am not savvy at tweeting. Is there a link to his twitter thingy?

Article from Art Harris. A lot of information in this to discuss! I will not post the picture here. I think it is a disgrace to Haleigh! JMO

~snip~

When Ronald Cummings appears in Putnam County Circuit Court Friday, Sept. 24, he’s confident Judge Terry LaRue will rubber stamp a tentative plea deal and sentence him to 15 years in prison for drug trafficking, dropping two counts with 25 year mandatory minimums after his guilty plea to all three charges last month in Palatka, Florida.

“We’ll go in and argue for 15 years and hope that’s what he gets,” says his attorney Terry Shoemaker in an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth. Armed with a pre-sentencing report, hwe may call members of Cummings family, and others as character witnesses before the judge announces his sentence.

In effect, sources close to the case tell me the plea deal is a done deal, according to a proffer, or agreement, already hammered out between Shoemaker and state prosecutors, based on Cummings’ pledge to testify against ex wife, Misty Croslin, in her drug case (she plead no contest, so he never had to), and to help investigators solve the presumed murder of his missing daughter, five year old Haleigh Cummings. “From the moment I came on board, we’ve been open to speaking with investigators regarding Haleigh’s case,” Shoemaker tells me, “we’ve met with them numerous times. Ronald has talked about the phone calls he made that night, the time lines, his relationship with everyone involved…who he thinks is involved. He’s told them everything they’ve wanted to know.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/exclusive-kiss-ronald-cummings-bye-bye/

BBM...
This makes me so mad. :furious: RC has been given another advantage (for lack of a better word). He wasn't needed to testify in Misty's drug case, and furthermore, he should have been helping all along with the investigation of his missing daughter. What a :croc:

:furious: If Ronald gets 15yrs or less I will be of the opinion that there is something very very wrong in that town! :furious:
The video report states the hearing is at 9am, going to search and send a few emails to see if someone will live stream. I sure hope so, they live stream every hearing for Casey, the mother accused of killing her 2 yr old.

Me too. If a first time offender gets 15 years it stands to reason that with all his priors he should get more. We will see.

Didnt LE say he was not a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance? I must have missed something big if that has changed. Is he a material witness then?

Well, everyone should be in the courtroom all the air squeezed out of their seat cushions!

Any moment it will be, "here comes da judge"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back