Ronald proposes to Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know? Are they registered anywhere...like Home Depot or a certain tatoo parlor?

Im with you guys on this one .. the last thing on my mind would be getting married ..something isnt right with this .. imho im beginning to think they all
know where haleigh is and they are doing this for money.and attention
i just have this feeling they know who has her and where she is and with his mom working for the sheriffs office wouldnt she know alot about laws or how to
look them up pertaining to the marriage thing ?
i hope im wrong

Just wondering, what constitutes a 'common-law marriage'? Could an attorney argue that since they are living together they are (legally) married so they can not testify against one another.

I don't believe Florida recognizes common law marriages.

Hi 3dogmom, I respect your point of view, but the fact remains neither Misty or Ron have been cleared yet. It is strange especially for Ron as he has an alibi :confused:

LE has often said that they don't know what the crime is or when the crime took place so how could Ron have an absolute alibi for that?

ITA- I'm remembering the nagative posts regarding the festive/party atmosphere at Crystals camp.

Now we have Ron,,,,out to dinner,,,,,to celebrate his Moms birthday,,,,with cake,,,,,he drops to one knee,,,,pulls out a ring,,,,,proposes to his underage girlfriend. <<<<<<This to me is festive. WWWTTTFFF!!!!

I've known people who have lost a child. My nephew died of SIDS at 2 months. My sister was inconsolable for months. We would not have dreamed of celebrating the birthday of an adult in our family out of respect for her and her loss. And we all KNEW what happened to her sweet baby.

My cousin committed suicide in my aunts bathroom. He bled on the carpet. It was a very small amount, but still noticable. My aunt would not allow my uncle to take up the carpet for months. She would go in the bathroom and cry as if she had just lost him that day. Her grief was so great and she KNEW what happened.

Haleigh is 5 years old and no one knows (or no one is telling) where she is. That alone is frightening. Throw in the possibility of a sex offender taking and hurting her is terrifying.

To have the ability to plan a marriage is something I can not understand.

yes2bb.gif

Im with you guys on this one .. the last thing on my mind would be getting married ..something isnt right with this .. imho im beginning to think they all
i just have this feeling they know who has her and where she is and with his mom working for the sheriffs office wouldnt she know alot about laws or how to
i hope im wrong

Flip the scenario and imagine how everyone would react. Single mom is raising her two young kids, seems to be doing the very best of her ability. But four-five months ago she moves a seventeen year old boy, with a history of abuse and rumors of drug use to care for her kids while she is at work. Her daughter disappears while solely under the care of this guy and 30 days later with said daughter still missing Mom is down at the courthouse getting her marriage license so she can get hitched this week.

Everyone would flip out, way more than the scrutiny that Ron is getting IMO. We would want to know where her priorities were. How she could be so confident that this new person in her child's life was 100% uninvolved. Now add in that the boyfriends version of what happened during this abduction changes everytime he tells it. Public support would come to a grinding halt.

I'm sorry, I just cant help but feel total ANGER at these people. What the HECK does a 5 year old little girl know about the concept of marriage anyway. Misty lived there, slept there..would Haleigh actually know the difference if they were married?
"this is what Haleigh wanted" is just wrong. What a typical thing for that stupid little girl to say..Misty is an abused child herself.. I have always thought Ron is responsible for this, ever since his over the top 911 call and fake tears.
IMO, Ron is sitting back like the cat that ate the canary.."she cant testify against me now, she's ma wife."
I just cant even read anything more about this case, it just makes me sick.

36_1_75.gif

Okay- Gonna give this a shot. A little scared of the new groan button, but...

You DO realize ... that's totally a very 'passive/agressive' statement, don't you?
biggrinzy0.gif

It is very apparent that Ronald and Misty choosing to mary while Haleigh is still missing, has brought big emotions/reactions out of everyone. i'll admit that my first knee jerk reaction was WTH...Then i thought about it for a minute. Thank-Goodness i have never been in the position of having my child go missing, i really can't say how i would react. I can speculate based on my personality which is both strong and emotional at the same time.

My own mother has an 8th grade education and was married at 14 years old. She was forced to drop out of school due her pregnancy(me), however this does not mean that she is not loving, intelligent(quite the opposite in fact) Someone looking in from the outside could/would very easily cast judgement and blame on my mother and or grandmother for signing the paper work for her to be allowed to marry, while never knowing the Whole story...

My heart continues to break for Haleigh and her families and whatever their reasons for choosing to do it now, i hope that it helps them.

============================

Well, I am still leaning toward the Misty is pregnant theory. The puzzle pieces just seem to fit. The outrage of the public about her age, a month's time passing and the media still putting them on camera-- maybe it is about to become obvious that this is the case. Ron's attitude at Misty showing off even makes sense if he just did this to cover his behind with LE and the public. He just hasn't been the marrying type..supposedly three children with two different women...something else is going on here. It just seems too odd that a man who has shown no apparent interest in marriage before would make such a decision at the LEAST appropriate time in his life, unless something else is forcing him into the decision.

Yup and, if she IS pregnant, can charges be brought against him?

i hope im wrong

The all ARE quite calm ... aren't they?

Flip the scenario and imagine how everyone would react. Single mom is raising her two young kids, seems to be doing the very best of her ability. But four-five months ago she moves a seventeen year old boy, with a history of abuse and rumors of drug use to care for her kids while she is at work. Her daughter disappears while solely under the care of this guy and 30 days later with said daughter still missing Mom is down at the courthouse getting her marriage license so she can get hitched this week.

Everyone would flip out, way more than the scrutiny that Ron is getting IMO. We would want to know where her priorities were. How she could be so confident that this new person in her child's life was 100% uninvolved. Now add in that the boyfriends version of what happened during this abduction changes everytime he tells it. Public support would come to a grinding halt.

yesac7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member