Found Deceased Ronald Roose, 88, last seen at home on Bankside Road, East Didsbury, Manchester around 7:30pm, left onto the tow path of the River Mersey, 27 Nov 2022

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
#APPEAL | Can you help police find a missing elderly male from East #Didsbury?

Ronald Roose (88) was last seen at his home address on Bankside Road, East Didsbury at around 7:30pm on Sunday 27 November 2022.

He is described as a white male, aged 88, slim build, 5ft 6” with balding grey hair. He was last seen wearing pyjamas.

It is believed he has left the address from the rear of the property onto the tow path of the River Mersey, and it is unknown where he has gone from there.

Officers are becoming increasingly concerned about him and want to make sure he is safe and well.

Anyone with information about Ronald Roose’s whereabouts should contact police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.

Screenshot_20221128-145836_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

Police have issued an appeal for help to find a missing 88-year-old man from south Manchester.

Ronald Roose was last seen at his home on Bankside Road in East Didsbury at around 7.30pm last night (Sunday), police said. He is believed to have left from the back of the property, then headed towards the tow path of the River Mersey.

Police do not know where he went from there. He was wearing his pyjamas at the time he went missing, officers added.

An 88-year-old man has gone missing after leaving his home over the weekend. Police say he left his Manchester address and embarked onto the tow path of the River Mersey.

[...]

A spokesperson later provided details about the clothes Ronald was last seen in.

They said: “It is now believed Ronald is wearing: dark coloured walking shoes, black cotton loose fitting jogging bottoms – no belt [and] dark coloured half-zip fleece pullover.

“He is definitely not wearing a jacket or coat.”

Police are continuing to search for a missing 88-year-old man from south Manchester.

Ronald Roose went missing at around 7.30pm on Sunday night (November 27). He was last seen at his home on Bankside Road in East Didsbury.

Police believe he left the house from the back of the property, then headed towards the tow path of the River Mersey. Officers do not know where he went from there.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police told the Manchester Evening News today (Wednesday) that Ronald is still missing. Searches to trace him are ongoing.

I’m very worried about Ronald. His age, the time of the year plus the news about him heading towards the river.

Kind of off topic: I’m not based in the UK but just recently found out about the highly interesting and touching series called “Reported Missing” by BBC One. I can’t watch them without VPN in my location but there are a few episodes available on YouTube as well. Here’s an example about the search efforts for elderly people (suffering from memory related issues) for anyone interested:

From above link. Such a tough few years for all the family:

A huge search operation was launched and almost six weeks later, on January 7, his body was tragically pulled from the Manchester Ship Canal near the Warburton Toll Bridge. Greater Manchester Police confirmed that formal identification has taken place.

Ron's son Paul, 39, said his dad went to bed as normal the night before his disappearance, but that he woke up the next day to find he had gone. Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, he said: "We'd had a lovely Sunday, we had a lovely Sunday dinner as I'd moved back in.

"We'd watched a bit of TV, he'd gone up to bed. I left him a note saying we'd get him a doctors appointment tomorrow as he wasn't feeling great.

"I woke up on Monday morning and he'd gone. It was so out of character for him."

Paul said Ron was diagnosed with bone cancer a couple of years before he died. He went for treatment at The Christie hospital, where several other tumours were then found.

0_ABR_MEN_160123_RONGWENROOSE.jpg

Ron and Gwen Roose (Image: Supplied)

Ron had already battled penile cancer, prostate cancer and skin cancer and was responding well to treatment. Then, during one period when Ron was in hospital, his beloved wife of 53 years, Gwen, was diagnosed with a secondary tumour from a breast cancer she battled 20 years ago, Paul said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back