Ross Harris Trial Jury Selection - Tweets, News & Discussion (Brunswick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were the DT I'd be concerned that 19 say they have read or heard about the case and have already formed an opinion on guilt or innocence, yet none of those 19 say they feel any prejudice towards the defendant.

Difficult to believe that's true, IMO.

This is how Cobb County jury selection started as well. It wasn't until the interviews started that the inconsistencies became apparent.

Hey, thanks for reporting for us, byo and Hope4More! :loveyou:

I'm afraid the trial may need to be moved to someplace a bit farther, like New Zealand or maybe Madagascar, lol! Joking aside I believe both prosecution and defense will make it work. We all knew it wasn't going to be much easier in Brunswick but I'm confident they'll find enough impartial jurors to proceed. Hopefully. I guess.

Hey, thanks for reporting for us, byo and Hope4More! :loveyou:

I'm afraid the trial may need to be moved to someplace a bit farther, like New Zealand or maybe Madagascar, lol! Joking aside I believe both prosecution and defense will make it work. We all knew it wasn't going to be much easier in Brunswick but I'm confident they'll find enough impartial jurors to proceed. Hopefully. I guess.

I'd like to think so too, MsMarple, but the Justice System, like many law enforcement agencies are living in the past and has yet to realize that we are now living in the communication era. Changes of venue no longer serve their purpose, as they did even a decade ago due to 24/7 cable news, internet & social media, crime sleuthing forums, etc. Times, they are a-changin...jmo

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 3m3 minutes ago
Happening now: jury selection resumes in #RossHarris trial in Glynn County.

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 2m2 minutes ago
First juror was previously convicted of a crime, but says he had first offender status. Court checking on if that impacts jury eligibility

Claire Simms Verified account ‏@Claire_FOX5 5m5 minutes ago
Media cannot record any bench conference audio or any audio when court is in recess.

Court officials are about to bring in the first panel of 36 jurors for group questioning.

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 5m5 minutes ago
"You are under oath," Judge Mary Staley Clark advises potential jurors. @FOX5Atlanta #RossHarris

"We are from different parts of the state." We may use expressions differently, says Judge Staley Clark. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 1m1 minute ago
Right now, prosecutors are asking jurors if they know anyone on the prosecution or defense teams. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 47s48 seconds ago
Jurors will raise their hands if any of the questions asked by the attorneys apply to them. #RossHarris

So far, all the jurors are U.S. citizens, have not been convicted of a felony, understand English language. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 51s51 seconds ago
Prosecution asks if any jurors know someone who is/was a prosecutor. A few raise their hands. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 10m10 minutes ago
Same question about defense attorneys--more jurors raise their hands this time. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 9m9 minutes ago
Two jurors say they know lawyers, but don't know if they are prosecutors or defense attorneys. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 8m8 minutes ago
Juror #5 appears to know multiple people in the judicial system--continues to have to raise her hand. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 7m7 minutes ago
Question this time--do you know anyone who works in court system? Several jurors do. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 6m6 minutes ago
Now, prosecution reading names of witnesses who will testify. Jurors must say if they know them. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 54s54 seconds ago
Next question: who has or has had in the past a supervisory role at work? #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 8m8 minutes ago
Q: Have you ever had the duty to hire or fire people? #RossHarris

Question: Have you or a family member or a friend had training/experience in law enforcement? #RossHarris

Several potential jurors respond that they do have/know someone with law enforcement experience. #RossHarris

Question: Have you or a family member or a friend had training/experience in the legal field? #RossHarris

Question: Do you have a friend or a family member who works in the medical field? #RossHarris

Good morning, byo. :)

Looks like you're covering tweets? I'll be watching live stream this AM on and off, and can post whatever from it, but don't want to get in the way of your work or to post redundant info.

Any suggestions?

Question: Do you, a family member or a friend work in mental health? #RossHarris

Would you like to watch jury selection for the #RossHarris trial live?
Click here: http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/204958330-story …

Question? Do you, a family member or a friend work in child protective services/DFCS? #RossHarris

Question: Do you, a family member or a friend work in computers/IT? #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 27s27 seconds ago
Question: Have you ever served on a jury or a grand jury? #RossHarris

Hi Hope, Good Morning. :)

My hearing's not too good, so I'm not watching the livestream on TV. I'm following #Ross Harris.

You are more than welcomed to join in posting tweets. Pick your favorite reporter and go for it!

Question: Who here belongs to a church, mosque, temple or other religious organization? #RossHarris

Question: Anybody here use a cellphone that is not a smart phone? #RossHarris

Question: Who here does not use @facebook? Three jurors raised their hands. #RossHarris

Question: Who does not use @instagram? #RossHarris More jurors this time.

Question: Who does not use @instagram? #RossHarris More jurors this time.

Claire Simms Verified account ‏@Claire_FOX5 2m2 minutes ago
Question: Who here has used Craigslist? #RossHarris Many jurors have.

Claire Simms Verified account ‏@Claire_FOX5 1m1 minute ago
Court is now in recess for 10 minutes. #RossHarris

Claire Simms Verified account ‏@Claire_FOX5 6m6 minutes ago

This recess may take longer than 10 minutes as workers try to fix the roof/ceiling leak in the courtroom. #RossHarris

Aungelique Proctor ‏@aungeliquefox5 47s47 seconds ago Downtown Brunswick

Watch Live: Jury Selection in @HarrisTrialFOX5. Click https://youtu.be/Dcy--U4PQRs . #fox5atl

Thank you for your hard work! Just now joining will have to go back after hours to read! May Justice be done!

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 1h1 hour ago
Juror getting married during trial is excused from jury duty. #RossHarris

Questions: Who here uses reddit? Who is familiar with kik? #RossHarris

Question: Who here uses @twitter? Smaller group of jurors says yes to this. @FOX5Atlanta

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 59m59 minutes ago
Question: Who has ever called into a local talk radio show? #RossHarris Only one potential juror has.

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 58m58 minutes ago
Question: Who has ever posted a comment on an online news article? #RossHarris Several potential jurors say they have

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 54m54 minutes ago
Question: Do you want fictional crime/legal dramas on TV? #RossHarris Many jurors respond yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 53m53 minutes ago
Question: Who watches Nancy Grace/First 48 type shows? #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 51m51 minutes ago
Question: Have you ever watched a "true crime" documentary or listened to a similar podcast? #RossHarris @FOX5Atlanta

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 45m45 minutes ago
Question: Has anybody here followed an actual criminal trial? Examples: OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, etc. #RossHarris 13/36 say yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 43m43 minutes ago
Question: Have you ever had to care for someone who couldn't care for themselves? #RossHarris Many respond yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 43m43 minutes ago
Question: Who here volunteers with children? Coaching, etc. #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 41m41 minutes ago
Question: Have you ever worked with children? #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 37m37 minutes ago
Question: Have you ever had a bad experience with a prosecutor's office? #RossHarris No jurors raise their hands

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 31m31 minutes ago
Question: Have you, close friend or family member been FALSELY accused of a crime? #RossHarris A handful say yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 28m28 minutes ago
Question: Who has ever given a report to the police? #RossHarris Most jurors respond yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 17m17 minutes ago
Questions: Who is familiar with Home Depot headquarters in Cobb County? #RossHarris Who is familiar with StoneBridge church in Marietta?

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 16m16 minutes ago
Question: Know anyone who has dated/started a romantic relationship online? #RossHarris

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 13m13 minutes ago
Question: Does anybody here know someone who has left their car in a car intentionally? #RossHarris No jurors respond yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 14m14 minutes ago
Question: Has anyone here never heard a news report about someone leaving a child in a car? #RossHarris No jurors raise their hands

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 11m11 minutes ago
Question: Who has ever been responsible for transporting a child to/from daycare? #RossHarris Several jurors respond yes

Claire Simms ‏@Claire_FOX5 7m7 minutes ago
Question: Is there anyone who could not look (because of personal experience) at evidence involving death of child? #RossHarris Just a few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500