Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how it can get any worse than this. Please let there be an end to this madness SOON. :(:(:(

Euromaidan Press on Twitter - 1 hr ago, WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO
Russians set up a torture chamber in one of Bucha's basements to execute civilians. Handcuffed, knelt bodies of civilians shot in the head were found there. Video: Ukrainian Military TV via @StratcomCentre

Euromaidan Press on Twitter
Ukrainian General Staff warns Russians are preparing the offensive in Donbas, "which may begin tomorrow in the direction of Severodonetsk and Velyka Novosilka." Luhansk Oblast Head also said today Russians are amassing troops to attack. General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine | Facebook

Inna Sovsun on Twitter (Member of #Ukraine Parliament)
The world leaders are calling for an investigation of the #BuchaMassacre. I support this with my whole heart. Yet, I also want everyone to remember that #russians still control large territories in #Ukraine. I am afraid the same massacres are happening there right now.

Inna Sovsun on Twitter - 1 hr ago
Ukraine Journalist Yevhen Spirin: Some of killed children have tied hands. Yes, children were tied up and then killed. Women killed. Girls under 10 with torn vaginas. #Irpin, #Bucha. How to live with it? Is it worth living at all? How to explain it to yourself? How? #BuchaMassacre

Russian Torture Chamber Discovered in Liberated Ukraine Town as the Russian Army Continues to Do What It Is Good at Doing – RedState
Her neighbours in a neat brick house four doors down had been tied hand and foot and killed. Down the road, territorial defence fighters said they had found a basement where 18 bodies, men, women and children as young as 14 lay dead, their bodies mutilated.

Two days earlier, Torovik said, he had seen a dog eating a woman’s body that had been left on the ground. Yet the worst was in the basement of the dacha.
“We found 18 bodies in there,” he said. “They had been torturing people. Some of them had their ears cut off. Others had teeth pulled out. There were kids like 14, 16 years old, some adults. They just took the bodies away yesterday.”

Last edited:
I honestly, think that Russians are in denial, but it must be due to psychological shock. They have to absorb deaths of their own young people in Ukraine, for nothing. They have to absorb monumental sanctions. The iron curtain again. If they see this, they will simply lose their mind.

Because they didn't ask for this war...

Between Russia and Ukraine, things will be as horrible as possible till at least one more generation. Maybe more.

4 mln displaced is a lot. It is a catastrophe of its own.

Now as the war is close to its end, hopefully, the attention is drawn towards Russia...

I was reading an article recently where a Russian town (home of an elite parachute regiment) has lost a guesstimated 100 or so of its young men.
They lost so many elite soldiers that they pulled the squad out of Ukraine.

Such a waste of people's loved ones all the way round.

"Nobody knows anything. The 331st regiment is disappearing. Almost every day, photos of our Kostroma boys get published. It sends shivers down my spine. What's happening? When will this end? When will people stop dying?"
The heavy losses of an elite Russian regiment in Ukraine

This is beautiful, some kids from a British primary school singing Hallelujah with reworked lyrics:

It’s time like this we stand with you
With all the pain you’re going through
We can’t believe the broken hearts we’re seeing

The loss, the mess, the misery
Displaced as human refugees
We raise our voices singing hallelujah

Your faith is strong and you’re so brave
Throughout these desperate times, so grave
When will we see an end to all this suffering

Be strong, be true, resist the fight
Sound your bells and raise the chimes

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-schoolchildren-sing-moving-tribute-6771926.amp

I don’t know how to embed the video but please watch!

This is beautiful, some kids from a British primary school singing Hallelujah with reworked lyrics:

It’s time like this we stand with you
With all the pain you’re going through
We can’t believe the broken hearts we’re seeing

The loss, the mess, the misery
Displaced as human refugees

Your faith is strong and you’re so brave
Throughout these desperate times, so grave
When will we see an end to all this suffering

Be strong, be true, resist the fight
Sound your bells and raise the chimes
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/c...choolchildren-sing-moving-tribute-6771926.amp
Schoolkids rework Hallelujah for Ukraine and totally smash it

I don’t know how to embed the video but please watch!
Oh my goodness, that brought both goosebumps and tears.

Thank you for posting.
t4521.gif

Russia-Ukraine war latest: Ukrainian prosecutors find hundreds of bodies in towns near Kyiv – live | World news | The Guardian

3h ago 01:31
Capture of Mariupol a 'key objective' for Russia, UK MoD says

The UK’s ministry of defence has released its latest intelligence report, suggesting the capture of Mariupol is a key objective of the Russian invasion.

Heavy fighting has continued in Mariupol as Russian forces attempt to take the city.

[...]

2h ago 22:18
'Fill the silence with your music' Zelenskiy tells Grammys

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has appeared in a video message at the Grammy Awards to ask for support in telling the story of Ukraine’s invasion by Russia.

During the message that aired on the show Sunday, he likened the invasion to a deadly silence threatening to extinguish the dreams and lives of the Ukrainian people.

"Our musicians wear body armour instead of tuxedos. They sing to the wounded in hospitals, even to those who can’t hear them ... But the music will break through anyway.

[...]

1h ago 22:41
A senior Washington official has slammed Russia’s request to hold a UN security council meeting on Monday, saying the move is designed to “feign outrage.”

Samantha Power, a former US ambassador to the UN, tweeted late on Sunday:

"Russia is drawing from the playbook it used for Crimea & Aleppo: forced to defend the indefensible (here, the Bucha atrocities), Russia is calling a UN Security Council meeting so it can feign outrage & call for accountability.

Nobody is buying it.

[...]

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 7 hrs ago
Russian forces attack Odesa, Mykolaiv overnight. According to Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych, Russia hit the city of Mykolaiv early on April 4 with a few missiles. No information on the number or severity of casualties is available.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter
Earlier in the morning, a spokesman for the Odesa military administration, Sergey Bratchuk, said Odesa had also suffered an air attack overnight.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 6 hrs ago
UK Ministry of Defense: Russia refocus offensive, sends troops into Donbas. According to U.K. Defense Intelligence, Russian troops, including the Wagner Group mercenaries, are moved to eastern Ukraine.

Zelensky pledges to continue peace talks with Russia despite atrocities committed in Ukraine. “It’s difficult to say how, after all what has been done, we can have any kind of negotiations with Russia. But as president, I have to do it. Any war has to end,” Zelensky told CBS.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 5 hrs ago
Vereshchuk announces humanitarian corridor from besieged Mariupol to Zaporizhzhia. Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said that Mariupol residents were allowed to leave the city on April 4 by car.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 3 hrs ago
Poland blames Germany for failure to impose tougher sanctions on Russia. Polish Prime Minister says that Hungary is supportive of the new measures despite Viktor Orban’s friendly attitude towards Russia. “It’s Germany that is the main roadblock on sanctions,” he said.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 2 hrs ago
Governor: 'significant accumulation' of Russian forces seen in Luhansk Oblast. “I can confirm that there is a significant accumulation of troops and military equipment that is preparing for a major offensive,” said Luhansk Oblast Governor Serhiy Haidai.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 1 hr ago
Ukraine’s intelligence publishes list of Russian military stationed in Bucha. Defense Ministry’s Intelligence Directorate published the names, ranks and passport details of Russians serving in the 64 Motor Rifle Brigade which occupied Bucha until March 31. 1/2

“All war criminals will be tried and prosecuted for crimes against the civilian population of Ukraine,” the intelligence said in a statement. 2/2

NEXTA on Twitter - 2 hrs ago
Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia in the next 2-3 days will start process of complete isolation from Russia and Belarus, thus closing their land routes for the delivery of goods to these countries This was stated by Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine Mustafa Nayem.
FPfmJnVWUAEhO7Y

Euromaidan Press on Twitter - 1 hr ago
Russian frigate Admiral Essen suffered serious damage as a result of missile attack by UAF. The ship repeatedly fired missiles at civilian objects in Odessa
FPf8KfGWYAEcK_u

NEXTA on Twitter
#Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy visited #Bucha, where evidence of mass murders of civilians was found He visited the road with destroyed #Russian equipment and talked to local residents. Zelenskyy also stated that #Russia committed war crimes and genocide in #Ukraine.
FPf7_n8XoAEirzT

NEXTA on Twitter
"We strongly deny any accusations." Dmitry Peskov about the killing of civilians in #Bucha.
FPfqxYdXMAQkoDz

NEXTA on Twitter - 30 min ago, Video
Lavrov called the genocide of #Ukrainians in #Bucha staged

I was reading an article recently where a Russian town (home of an elite parachute regiment) has lost a guesstimated 100 or so of its young men.
They lost so many elite soldiers that they pulled the squad out of Ukraine.

Such a waste of people's loved ones all the way round.

"Nobody knows anything. The 331st regiment is disappearing. Almost every day, photos of our Kostroma boys get published. It sends shivers down my spine. What's happening? When will this end? When will people stop dying?"
The heavy losses of an elite Russian regiment in Ukraine

From what I understand, most of the Russians don’t get any news now except for TV.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 7 hrs ago
Russian forces attack Odesa, Mykolaiv overnight. According to Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych, Russia hit the city of Mykolaiv early on April 4 with a few missiles. No information on the number or severity of casualties is available.

Earlier in the morning, a spokesman for the Odesa military administration, Sergey Bratchuk, said Odesa had also suffered an air attack overnight.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 6 hrs ago
UK Ministry of Defense: Russia refocus offensive, sends troops into Donbas. According to U.K. Defense Intelligence, Russian troops, including the Wagner Group mercenaries, are moved to eastern Ukraine.

Zelensky pledges to continue peace talks with Russia despite atrocities committed in Ukraine. “It’s difficult to say how, after all what has been done, we can have any kind of negotiations with Russia. But as president, I have to do it. Any war has to end,” Zelensky told CBS.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 5 hrs ago
Vereshchuk announces humanitarian corridor from besieged Mariupol to Zaporizhzhia. Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said that Mariupol residents were allowed to leave the city on April 4 by car.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 3 hrs ago
Poland blames Germany for failure to impose tougher sanctions on Russia. Polish Prime Minister says that Hungary is supportive of the new measures despite Viktor Orban’s friendly attitude towards Russia. “It’s Germany that is the main roadblock on sanctions,” he said.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 2 hrs ago
Governor: 'significant accumulation' of Russian forces seen in Luhansk Oblast. “I can confirm that there is a significant accumulation of troops and military equipment that is preparing for a major offensive,” said Luhansk Oblast Governor Serhiy Haidai.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 1 hr ago
Ukraine’s intelligence publishes list of Russian military stationed in Bucha. Defense Ministry’s Intelligence Directorate published the names, ranks and passport details of Russians serving in the 64 Motor Rifle Brigade which occupied Bucha until March 31. 1/2

“All war criminals will be tried and prosecuted for crimes against the civilian population of Ukraine,” the intelligence said in a statement. 2/2

From PommyMommy's post, above. I think that negotiations were to resume today, virtually, IIRC.

From what I understand, most of the Russians don’t get any news now except for TV.

From your understanding, what kind of TV programming is currently available in Russia?

As an example, we watch crime shows in our house. Such as NCIS, etc. What type of TV selection would currently be available in Russia?

Just curious.

From PommyMommy's post, above. I think that negotiations were to resume today, virtually, IIRC.

I'm glad they're continuing to talk. As upset as I get, the bulk of the area they are discussing has been contested territory for ages, and continually fought over. JMO

BREAKING: Satellite photos show bodies lay in Bucha for weeks, disproving Russia's claim that the scene was staged after they left - NYT
View attachment 338981

https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1511069211497537544?s=21&t=R6YBBkUzFFSg6NTqmN6Glg
Yesterday on Dutch television,it was said: it can take years..., before analyzing the footage,and who is to blame for it...
If you want to blame Putin for this,you need signed docs, so on and on...
Otherwise,just soldiers will be punished (if it gets that far) or their given orders,if there is a (paper) trace of the slaughter..or by witnesses..the list goes on,so imo,this seems ongoing..
Nieuwsuur gemist? Start met kijken op NPO Start

ETA: the CCTV,servers and data was destroyed in Bucha’s cityhall,soon after “Russian invasion” there..you can see the mayor of Bucha at 11.39 -explaining about it.
They said there is -already the international criminal court present (The Hague)
Statement of ICC Prosecutor, Karim A.A. Khan QC, on the Situation in Ukraine: Receipt of Referrals from 39 States Parties and the Opening of an Investigation and more NGO’s
UN calls for an independent investigation on Bucha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members