Russia - Ekaterina Karaglanova, 24, found dead, Moscow, 26 July 2019

AnnesCuthberts

Reaction score
A prominent Russian Instagram influencer has been found dead with knife wounds in a suitcase in her rented apartment in Moscow, police say.

Ekaterina Karaglanova, 24, was discovered on Friday after her family raised the alarm when she failed to contact them for several days.

Ms Karaglanova, who had more than 85,000 followers on Instagram, had also recently graduated as a doctor.

Police said they were investigating jealousy as a possible motive.

Ms Karaglanova had recently started a new relationship and had planned a holiday to The Netherlands to celebrate her birthday on 30 July, according to Russian daily Moskovsky Komsomolets (MK).

But her parents grew concerned when attempts to contact her in the days leading up to her trip had failed.

They then contacted her landlord and requested access to her apartment, where they found a suitcase containing her body in the hallway. Her father requested an ambulance, but Ms Karaglanov was reportedly already dead with a slit throat.

Police said there was no evidence that any struggle had taken place at the apartment, and no weapon was found at the scene, MK reported (in Russian).

Instagram influencer found dead in suitcase

There's CCTV footage on the Daily Mail
Glamorous doctor and travel blogger, 24, is found knifed to death and stuffed in a suitcase | Daily Mail Online

There have been claims that she had started seeing a 52-year-old man, following a break-up from a man aged 32 that she had described as a “wolf”.

[...]

One of her friends, Marina Nikitina, told local network Ren TV: "Recently I noticed that she had changed a lot. There was information that somebody did not like her.
Who is Ekaterina Karaglanova? Instagram influencer found dead in a suitcase

Police said CCTV footage showed her former boyfriend had visited her apartment in the days around her appearance, MK reported.

The current whereabouts of the boyfriend is unknown.

Russian Instagram influencer found stabbed to death in suitcase

Ekaterina Karaglanova murder: Man 'confesses' to killing social media star

''A man arrested over the murder of a social media star whose body was found in a suitcase with her throat slit has confessed to her murder, according to Russian officials.''

''In the footage released on YouTube, the 33-year-old suspect said: "She repeatedly insulted me, humiliated my sexual dignity.

"I could not stand it. I stabbed her at least five times with a knife in her neck and chest. I regret it. I will cooperate with the investigation."

The circumstances of the confession, and whether the suspect had a lawyer present, are not clear from the video.

After allegedly killing the 24-year-old, Gareyev said he placed her naked body in the suitcase, according to Russian paper Moskovsky Komsomolets.''

Ekaterina Karaglanova murder: Man 'confesses' to killing social media star

''A man arrested over the murder of a social media star whose body was found in a suitcase with her throat slit has confessed to her murder, according to Russian officials.''

''In the footage released on YouTube, the 33-year-old suspect said: "She repeatedly insulted me, humiliated my sexual dignity.

"I could not stand it. I stabbed her at least five times with a knife in her neck and chest. I regret it. I will cooperate with the investigation."

The circumstances of the confession, and whether the suspect had a lawyer present, are not clear from the video.

After allegedly killing the 24-year-old, Gareyev said he placed her naked body in the suitcase, according to Russian paper Moskovsky Komsomolets.''
How horrific. Thank you so much for the update. That poor girl. I'm glad that for now at least he's cooperating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back