SALMAN RUSHDIE STABBED IN NECK, Aug 2022 *arrest*

From 2012:

"I am adding another $500,000 to the reward for killing Salman Rushdie, and anyone who carries out this sentence will receive the whole amount immediately," said Sane'i in a statement carried by the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA).

The total reward for the author’s death offered by the foundation stands at $3.3 million, with Sanei saying "these days are the most appropriate time to carry it (Rushdie's murder) out."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainme...die-s-murder-boosted-by-iran-cleric-1.1203616

BBM

(Reuters) - Author Salman Rushdie will likely lose an eye and suffered severed nerves in an arm and damage to his liver after he was stabbed on Friday, his agent said, adding that Rushdie was on a ventilator.

"The news is not good. Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged," Andrew Wylie said in a written statement.
:(

Just to let you know, the NYT blocks the articles if you don’t have a subscription.

There is nothing to read, up comes the paywall.

Just to let you know, the NYT blocks the articles if you don’t have a subscription.

There is nothing to read, up comes the paywall.
Sorry—the NYT allows everyone 10 free articles a month, I believe, but if you still hit a paywall you might try clearing your browser’s cookies and/or opening the link in a private browser session/“incognito mode.”

From 2012:

"I am adding another $500,000 to the reward for killing Salman Rushdie, and anyone who carries out this sentence will receive the whole amount immediately," said Sane'i in a statement carried by the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA).

The total reward for the author’s death offered by the foundation stands at $3.3 million, with Sanei saying "these days are the most appropriate time to carry it (Rushdie's murder) out."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainme...die-s-murder-boosted-by-iran-cleric-1.1203616

BBM

This is so discouraging for humanity.
I hope he survives the attack.

I attended a talk by former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, in February. He's also been targeted by Iran. He had a heavy DSS detail. Sad to think what it must be like to be a civilian without this kind of protection available.

I’m baffled as to why there wasn’t more security at this event. This man is someone who is unfortunately always in potential danger. The fact someone was able to sneak up on him and do this without any prior intervention is incredible. Wishing him all the best.

''After sharing her plea for “support”, JK confirmed that the police are now involved.

She wrote: “To all sending supportive messages: thank you. Police are involved (were already involved on other threats).”

Worryingly, another user called Addie also threatened JK by saying, “You’re next”, in a now-deleted tweet.

Another, named Rick, wrote: “Anti-feminist transphobe I hope something wayyyy worse happens to you.”
JK hit back at him directly, quipping: “You seem lovely, Rick. Will you be deleting your account immediately or hanging around to see what happens next?”

The author also raged at a user called Rob who urged her to “get off social media” instead of “complaining” about the threats she had received.

He said: “Without a public platform these morons can’t get to you, so why have a public platform and then complain? It’s amazing to me that the answer is so simple, get off SM and get on with your life.”

JK sarcastically responded: “Good to know you’re confident that the worst I’ve had are Twitter threats, Rob, that’s a great comfort to me. And such a simple solution! I’ll inform the relevant authorities you’ve fixed the problem.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back