Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a wild one - what if the 10.00am appointment person decided to come over early and pick SM up? JMO

Only saying that -because it appears you can drive down the side street - without being captured? MOO

I guess there would be CCTV from town of that car if they came from Ballarat? JMO

Here's a wild one - what if the 10.00am appointment person decided to come over early and pick SM up? JMO

Only saying that -because it appears you can drive down the side street - without being captured? MOO

I guess there would be CCTV from town of that car if they came from Ballarat? JMO
Maybe the 10am was a medical appointment. Just putting it out there ….

Does anyone know why the searched Brown Hill and Black Hill areas. JMO

That mentions Black hill area.

There's a map highlighting Black Hill and Brown Hill?

I know it was earlier in the search, but do you think they were basing it on any information or just ruling it out?JMO

Does anyone know why the searched Brown Hill and Black Hill areas. JMO

That mentions Black hill area.

There's a map highlighting Black Hill and Brown Hill?

I know it was earlier in the search, but do you think they were basing it on any information or just ruling it out?JMO
Were those areas searched before or after the cctv footage of the other jogger was released? Not knowing the other jogger wasn’t SM ?

On a Sunday??
I'm in the UK and we can't get appointments on a weekday :rolleyes:
Some medical practices are open 24/7 here.
This is one in Ballarat open Sunday (correction)

Last edited:
In recent days 2 tobacco shops have been set alight in Ballarat. Is it possible she ran past a crew who were camped in the bush preparing for such an attack on the Sunday night and her presence on the Sunday morning foiled their plan by identifying their vehicle(s). They then disposed of her. It would make sense that any intending perpetrator of arson would enter a town well before the intended attack time to ensure not being easily identified. We now know that that area is not covered by cctv very much and would be the ideal staging post for intending tobacco shop arsonists. If this is the case then the arsonists committment to their plan was evidenced by the fact that the attacks have now been carried out. Does anyone know who if Kellie Murphy is Sam's sister or daughter or sister in law?

Some medical practices are open 24/7 here.
This is one in Ballarat
This is definitely not 24/7. The one 24/7 medical practice we did have stopped doing overnights late last year/early this year.

There are on call drs but no medical practice 24/7.

In recent days 2 tobacco shops have been set alight in Ballarat. Is it possible she ran past a crew who were camped in the bush preparing for such an attack on the Sunday night and her presence on the Sunday morning foiled their plan by identifying their vehicle(s). They then disposed of her. It would make sense that any intending perpetrator of arson would enter a town well before the intended attack time to ensure not being easily identified. We now know that that area is not covered by cctv very much and would be the ideal staging post for intending tobacco shop arsonists. If this is the case then the arsonists committment to their plan was evidenced by the fact that the attacks have now been carried out. Does anyone know who if Kellie Murphy is Sam's sister or daughter or sister in law?
A lot of tobacco shops have been torched in Qld too. All due to the new vaping laws. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Paraphrased from a new article in the Herald Sun

Dozens of rumours swirl in Ballarat, from matrimonial distress to financial hardship, and an affair …

There has been talk of a recent suicide in the Murphy wider circle.

This one could be important to the case ????? - an AVO had been taken out on an extended family member.

And suggestions that a recent family holiday to Torquay had been “fragmented” .

Paywalled for some

Police may have it, but it has not been made public.
There could be extra footage that police are not sharing, but there has been no footage released to the media showing her actually going jogging on the morning she has disappeared to confirm this.

She can be seen carrying, what looks to be a bag of dog poo in her yard of the morning she has disappeared

Hi Minaka I agree I can’t see the harm in releasing it but I suspect it’s withheld to stop us sleuthers and the press speculating more than necessary. If all it shows is SM waking up her driveway what does it achieve for the Police by releasing it? I take their word that that’s what it shows, that is all we can do….

It occurred to me they would also have footage of SM picking up dog poop which we hopefully never see either.

It’s a “need to know” approach by our Police and aside from fueling our curiosity the Police must think there is no value in sharing it just for us and the press to comment on.
I was also thinking it was weird that they didn’t release it, but then I recalled that there was audio of Cleo Smith at the camp Site the night before she was taken and that was never released either, despite a lot of questions about it. The police just repeated that audio had confirmed she was there. I guess once it wasn’t in question (for them) there was nothing to gain from releasing it. Same with this, if they thought the public might have seen her I guess there might have been a case for releasing it in case there was any memory that it triggered etc but … as they don’t appear to think that random sightings of her are likely or useful…

Paraphrased from a new article in the Herald Sun

Dozens of rumours swirl in Ballarat, from matrimonial distress to financial hardship, and an affair …

There has been talk of a recent suicide in the Murphy wider circle.

This one could be important to the case ????? - an AVO had been taken out on an extended family member.

And suggestions that a recent family holiday to Torquay had been “fragmented” .

Paywalled for some
Unfortunately, a pay wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members