Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took 18 days and a team of 100+ detectives to find Cleo Smith….

I wonder how many detectives have been assigned to Operation Primus in this case??

Maybe that’s why I still have hope? I never expected CS to be found alive 18 days later. I know many of us here on WS were shedding tears of joy.

It took 18 days and a team of 100+ detectives to find Cleo Smith….

I wonder how many detectives have been assigned to Operation Primus in this case??

And it’s been almost 10 years of investigations, and still no answers to William Tyrrell’s mysterious disappearance.

7news ballarat just reported that police are asking for any information no matter how small.
<modsnip - not an approved source>
Ch 7 main news just said that MM was too upset to speak on camera but said they just want Sam home. .. and yes, Police are appealing to the public for any bit of information they may have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody removed the web page by accident and it has to wait til Monday for a full timer to authorise the reloading of it?

I read this on social media, so will have to say IMO, someone contacted the police who said it’s standard practice to remove after a certain period of time if they are no new updates. Although I have not seen this before.

I still have hope but after 14 days it’s pretty hard to imagine SM is still alive. I doubt whether she ran off. It would have to be a real sicko holding her for her to be alive and I think that’s a long shot. I know this happened to CS however SM is a fit 51yo and would be difficult to contain for this period.

I noticed that Samantha's husband Mick is wearing, which looks like the same watch as her Apple Watch

You would think he would know where she is, apple watches allow you to share their locations with you, they appear on a map, so you can quickly see where they are.
Surely the police have looked into this

sh 1708247732834.png

I noticed that Samantha's husband Mick is wearing, which looks like the same watch as her Apple Watch

You would think he would know where she is, apple watches allow you to share their locations with you, they appear on a map, so you can quickly see where they are.

sh View attachment 484231
Yeh, doesn’t Apple have like family plans where the ‘cloud’ is shared and you can ‘see’ where other family members are?

sh View attachment 484231

My husband is the same age, we both have Apple Watches and he would have absolutely no clue. He uses it to tell the time and check his heart rate.

SM is long term misper I would have thought 14 days is a long time
The most recent case on the Victorian Missing Persons list is not from this decade. The other page is breaking news. It is no longer breaking news after a week. It is why it has expired.

The list of missing persons isn't automatically updated.

I am speculating that she has been found. Unsure if alive or deceased. The reason for no disclosure is that a very real threat may exist to her children until the perpetrator is captured. One other theory behind Police removing info from the web may be because it was easily accessible by schoolmates of SM's children and was deemed by police to have served it's initial purpose and was no longer playing a role in the investigation. Another thing is I do not think there is any perceived danger of a killer at large because Federation University has been hosting high school children on school camps the last week and a half and they have done night bush walks supervised of course. No warnings were issued to students or schools attending.

I am speculating that she has been found. Unsure if alive or deceased. The reason for no disclosure is that a very real threat may exist to her children until the perpetrator is captured. One other theory behind Police removing info from the web may be because it was easily accessible by schoolmates of SM's children and was deemed by police to have served it's initial purpose and was no longer playing a role in the investigation. Another thing is I do not think there is any perceived danger of a killer at large because Federation University has been hosting high school children on school camps the last week and a half and they have done night bush walks supervised of course. No warnings were issued to students or schools attending.
Interesting thoughts! Do you not think that straight after her family are told, the community would be advised?

The most recent case on the Victorian Missing Persons list is not from this decade. The other page is breaking news. It is no longer breaking news after a week. It is why it has expired.

The list of missing persons isn't automatically updated.

There's a national missing persons register - for long term missing, which they define as more than 3 months.

There's a missing persons support and awareness group

There doesn't seem to be a cold case/ missing person combined where cases could be related even though we know the outcome for some cases.

The cold cases pages seem to be more ad hoc, differing by state at crimestoppers. South Aus is comprehensive.

Some cases get renewed attention when rewards are offered, but I can't find one place these are listed. Or why it's those cases.

Between one week and 3 months then, in Victoria, they're apparently not listed anywhere official. Unless someone else can work it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nellieisme777