Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching ‘Under Investigation,’ I felt both the tech data guy and the former detective were pretty much in agreement that more than one person were involved in the likely removal of SM from the targeted Mt Clear area.

The forensic psychologist seemed to be leaning more towards a very calculating psychopath as the likely perpetrator. He was suggesting that SM may have been stalked, tracked and followed.

I can’t really mesh the two scenarios because I seem to only be able to imagine a stalker working alone. It would surely be a unique relationship where a stalker has an accomplice or someone they trust/can control enough to help abduct/murder/dispose of someone.

And the missing persons expert thought Sam could have been unexpectedly attacked, maybe even ran for her life.

They really had a variety of opinions.

I noticed during one lead-in after an ad break it said .... Accident, Predator, Or someone she knew.

I don't believe that the programme was any sort of collaboration with the police or with the police in the background telling the programme what they want aired.

If the police want something known they do a press conference.
They would have had to get permission from the police first before they aired the show as it's still an active investigation, where there are people of interest, who most likely would be watching

The police would have wanted to see the script on what was going to be discussed, as to not jeopardise the investigation and they would have been told on what not to say

They would have had to get permission from the police first before they aired the show as it's still an active investigation, where there are people of interest, who most likely would be watching

The police would have wanted to see the script on what was going to be discussed, as to not jeopardise the investigation and they would have been told on what not to say
Yeah I tend to think show would have to run it past legal , with checking with police - although to be frank it wasn’t anything that isn’t in the public domain.

I didn’t know Sissy Austin’s attack happened at the half way mark (just shy), giving her the impression her attacker knew her routine.
The guests on the program seemed to not think it could be the same perpetrator for these two cases. They did not seem to elaborate on the reason why they thought this.

Any thoughts on why it could not be the same perpetrator?

Perhaps they may have thought that changing the sim in their phone would be sufficient? Which police said is not the case. Or perhaps a burner phone may have been used… which is still traceable…. Also, iPads, watches, air pods, car gps etc could all potentially have been tracked…
I think they spent considerable time explaining how devices can be traced even if SIM is changed etc.

Sure, not too much new for those of us who have been up & down every conceivable rabbit hole to date, however they’re not speaking to US … I felt there were considerable messages in there, that will be recognised by those ‘in the know’. I hope ..

The guests on the program seemed to not think it could be the same perpetrator for these two cases. They did not seem to elaborate on the reason why they thought this.

My understanding is that the implication was that last years assault was most likely perpetrated by a person who was mentally unwell and disorganised in their attack (ie., bare footed attacker), whereas the impression provided Re profile of Samantha’s possible abductors is that her disappearance was carefully planned and orchestrated so as to try to leave no traces (ie.. completely different mindset and method)

Last edited:

One was a random attack, most likely someone with mental instability and in Sam's case, a very well planned, targeted attack, and she can't be found, the perpetrators have made sure nothing is found

My understanding was that the implication was that last years assault was most likely perpetrated by a person who was mentally unwell and disorganised in their attack, whereas the impression provided Re profile of Samantha’s possible abduction is that it was carefully and methodically planned (ie.. completely different mindset and method)
With all respect to the experts, it's hard to make that judgement without a body. They're saying organised, but it could have been completely disorganised and they just haven't found her yet.

MOO

And the missing persons expert thought Sam could have been unexpectedly attacked, maybe even ran for her life.

They really had a variety of opinions.

I noticed during one lead-in after an ad break it said .... Accident, Predator, Or someone she knew.
Yeah, but I think it could all still be relevant - found herself in a situation, ( whether she recognised the attacker or not ) tried to run, but was overcome, possibly by a 2nd person.

subdued, bundled into a vehicle & removed.

My understanding was that the implication was that last years assault was most likely perpetrated by a person who was mentally unwell and disorganised in their attack, whereas the impression provided Re profile of Samantha’s possible abduction is that it was carefully and methodically planned (ie.. completely different mindset and method)
Yes you are correct. The most glaring difference between the cases, I guess, is that SM has completely disappeared without a trace (no trace at least as far as we know).

Don't forget tonight under investigation Channel 9, 9 o'clock Disappearance of Samantha Murphy
I watched it, I think VPOL have a good idea of what happened to SM and who’s involved into her disappearance, going by intelligence collected from her iPhone watch and ear phones. Now vpol looking for a damaged car … ?

From tonight’s show my impression was SM was a targeted attack where in Sissy’s case it was random and opportunistic attack

I watched it, I think VPOL have a good idea of what happened to SM and who’s involved into her disappearance, going by intelligence collected from her iPhone watch and ear phones. Now vpol looking for a damaged car … ?

If VPOL already know who was involved in her disappearance, then they would also know of the cars they had access to? Would not need to look for just a random damaged car?

This is the opinion I have after tonight’s show (maybe, as well?), that the electronic data is indicating SM has been hit by a car (heart rate, stride length, gps etc).
SM wearing ear pods only helps this theory IMO.

If VPOL already know who was involved in her disappearance, then they would also know of the cars they had access to? Would not need to look for just a random damaged car?
… assuming that a potentially stolen vehicle was not involved… In Melbourne currently so many cars are being stolen each day it’s almost impossible for police to keep up with…

From tonight’s show my impression was SM was a targeted attack where in Sissy’s case it was random and opportunistic attack
Yes this is the impression, same as from the police conference.

She seemingly disappeared without a trace, and that might point to good planning, but I don't know if the same result could not be possible for a random/opportunistic attack, for a perpetrator who knows what they are doing and may have done it before.

I still favour the targeted attack myself though, especially if more that one perpetrator involved. Also maybe the police investigators have info that they have withheld from the general public that further substantiates a targeted attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74