Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sissy said that when she was attacked she forgot all about her phone. The attack happened so quickly.

Source: Under Investigation show
Sissy, I am sure, has not mentioned anyone helping her after she was attacked. That is a scary thought, noone seeing her while walking/running/staggering back to her car/home. So maybe not as much traffic/ people in that area, as people think, so giving perp/perps more time to do whatever has to be done. And get out of there, with or without Sam. JMO

To save time for anyone wanting to skip to a particular topic, hopefully this helps:

35 min - Was disappearance staged
39 min - Sissy Austin attack
41 min - Mine Shafts discussed
58 min - IPhone and Apple Watch info
1.02 min - Was this a targeted attack
1.24 min - Tracking Phones/Hardware Codes
1.30 min - Panels opinions
Thank you sooo much!
I finished watching :)
Very interesting!
And the Lady commenting was NOT annoying but....
endearing hahaha

Does anyone know how long the Murphy’s have owned their current business?
The website says the business has been around for 60 years, curious as to whether it was owned by MM’s parents/grandparents, and whether any other relations have shares in the business?

The website says the business has been around for 60 years, curious as to whether it was owned by MM’s parents/grandparents, and whether any other relations have shares in the business?
I think I saw somewhere that Mick used to work there when it was in the hands of the previous owner ... not family ... and then Mick and Sam bought out the previous owner and expanded it.

I mentioned that I wondered if there was a possibility of a vehicle "borrowed" from the smash repair business and potentially used to transport a victim. There would probably be a number of cars being held at a smash business at any one time.

This seems plausible, and would further imply that at least one of the perpetrators is someone with off hours access to the business and to the key box.

I don't know the exact start date but it is before 2000. The ASIC records all seem to reset from 2000.

The Key Principal is Michael Andrew Murphy.

The company name is Eurocam Developments Pty Ltd trading as Inland Motor Body Works AND Inland Towing

Very valid points, but what if the car was taken quite a while prior to the event and later returned the vehicle in a way that would not attract any particular curiosity? Just thinking
Good point , some planning involved . Surely neighbours would have seen car at house ?

Yes , but it may show them taking the car ?

Hopefully it does. But if they're supposed to be there, and have an innocent explanation, it could be really hard to disprove if nobody else saw them.

p.s. I'm speaking totally hypothetically. I don't know how the business is set up or whether the schedule would allow that kind of fudging. And has been mentioned, camera coverage makes it unlikely.

Last edited:

A mineshaft in Ballarat, near where Samantha Murphy would run regularly. Picture: 9 News

Mr Shaw said if Ms Murphy had fallen into a mineshaft her chances of survival were “very, very slim”.

“No one is going to hear you crying for help, there’s no phones, there’s nothing, it’s very dark and damp down there. They can be semi-collapsed or filled with foliage and that foliage on top can take you down to the depths of about 40 or 60 metres.”

To save time for anyone wanting to skip to a particular topic, hopefully this helps:

35 min - Was disappearance staged
39 min - Sissy Austin attack
41 min - Mine Shafts discussed
58 min - IPhone and Apple Watch info
1.02 min - Was this a targeted attack
1.24 min - Tracking Phones/Hardware Codes
1.30 min - Panels opinions
Thanks for this information Detective Willy. Love your work!

After watching the TV programme,
my latest (hmmm) theory is:

- Premeditated
- Orchestrated by somebody she knew
- Perps pounced when she was vulnerable/alone
- Plan was put into action after dinner the previous night

(Interesting, that when I read that Samantha talked about her run during dinner,
I felt uneasiness :oops: )

- Who was at that dinner?
- Somebody might have suggested this particular route to her
- Perps might have been hired and contacted in the evening by the mastermind
- Is she in the body of water?
- Was it kidnapping for ransom turned murder?
- Was she drugged and kept somewhere?
- Or was she murdered at the spot?
- Somebody wanted her money
(staging kidnapping)
or
wanted her dead
(for whatever reason)

She was betrayed by somebody she trusted.

I think the dinner with her talking about the run is the clue.

JMO

Last edited:
The mineshaft issue stresses me big time. I have heard so much contradictory info on them ... that they are all covered, that they are mostly not very deep, that they have all been checked. Last night's program really worried me because the expert on mineshafts said that many are not covered and showed one that was very deep underground. He said that you'd break your neck falling in one and that even if you didn't that nobody would hear you calling out from one. I keep thinking that if Sam fled her track running away from someone that she could have fallen down a deep one. I didn't sleep last night imagining her injured in one and nobody hearing her cries for help. No water, no food, no medical help ... makes me feel so distressed.

Something keeps crossing my mind but it hasn't really morphed into a fully-fledged idea yet. What if it wasn't Samantha herself wearing her Apple watch and carrying her phone that day? What if she was abducted/went off with someone far closer to home (here is the part that hasn't formed yet..) and someone else walked/ran the route to Mt Clear in her place? Could that explain why it took her (allegedly an experienced runner) a full hour to run 7km and perhaps why nobody sighted her enroute? It may be a decoy of some sort, with the perp suspecting that police would turn to mobile data as their first clues in the investigation.
IMO that could easily be dismissed by comparing heart rate.stride length data etc from her previous runs.

I had heard/ read somewhere that it was Samantha's parents who owned the business prior

IIRC Samantha and Michael purchased the business approx. 10 years ago.
I'd viewed the business' website and posted relevant information many threads ago. (I'm sure there's a way for me to find my previous messages, but don't seem to be able to do it mid-response. (If anyone has any ideas, please let me know TIA.)

At the time I viewed the site, it stated that Michael had 23 years' experience as a panel beater and spray painter. A poster had mentioned that the website hadn't been updated, as the business had been purchased 10 years ago, so he actually had 33 years experience. I had inferred from this information that he had likely commenced employment there after leaving school (due to number of years.) JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member