Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may very well have ‘priors’. Commissioner was asked he he ‘was known to police’ and he declined to answer.

Irrespective,I don’t believe that scenario would constitute a charge of Murder, nor a statement that it was a deliberate attack on Samantha. I think that would be more like Manslaughter, interfering with body, DUIs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to why no one consider asking about a possible link to deliberate attack on Sissy Austin's attack one year ago?
Also, of note, and in my wonderful graphic design work, I've circled where he was arrested vs where she was attacked.

Being 22kms away from Mt Clear (where the alleged murder occurred) and being attacked on foot with a rock whilst being half naked.

vs

Likely murder in car (police looking for a damaged car not long ago) with other information pending

is drawing a pretty big bow imo.

The only connection really between the 2 at this stage is 2 females running in an area of 150,000 people (Ballarat and surrounding areas). One being hit by a rock and running off and another "deliberately" murdering someone.

ya think??.. To charge someone with murder, in Victoria, requires a really hard , long list of unarguable facts, which are put before the Dept. of Public Prosecution, pored over by DPP lawyers, who then submit it to a judge, who gives the nod to the Vic Police to charge the offender forthwith. It isn't done on a whim. Circumstantial evidence is considered hard evidence, and people currently are doing life on circumstances that pointed clearly to their guilt.

Quite a few blokes in AU are , as I type, serving life without parole without disclosing the whereabouts of the body of the women ( it's always women ) they murdered, Chris Dawson, Paul Wilkinson, etc...
Except Chris Dawson killed his wife, Paul Wilkinson killed his lover. Police will allege the accused wasn’t known to SM. Slightly different circumstances imo.

Something that poked my brain during the presser

We had a WS member (I'm sorry I can't remember your name) who said they had been out searching and had been approached by someone on a motorbike and one of the journalists asked if a motorbike had been involved

It was very clearly stated in the presser (multiple times) that it was not a hit-run but a deliberate and intentional attack.

I didn't hear intentional, could you show me where that was said?

Deliberate could be classified as doing something and then taking the body/covering up the murder?

Reactions: MrJ
The suspect lives at Scotsburn and the alleged attack was at Mount Clear.

IMO Murderers will often move a body away (in a different direction) from where they live to distance themselves from the crime.

I am wondering if the nearby bushfires West of Mount Clear 2-3 weeks after Sam disappeared may have been intentionally lit in an attempt to dispose of evidence?

One of the reporters asked a question about Police searching Lal Lal Forest … it is down towards Scotsburn … but in an easterly direction …he may know that area well??? There is also a huge waterway there …

IMO

Maybe dad has hired a really good lawyer.
These are the lawyers representing him in 2 other upcoming matters as posted by investigatefred above:

I am sure they will be upgrading to a new lawyer to defend a murder charge though!

He may very well have ‘priors’. Commissioner was asked he he ‘was known to police’ and he declined to answer.

Irrespective,I don’t believe that scenario would constitute a charge of Murder, nor a statement that it was a deliberate attack on Samantha. I think that would be more like Manslaughter, interfering with body, DUIs etc
Hi Warshawski, they just that an update at 4:25 and I think this is his first ever charge?? I'm trying to remember what she said.
They also requested 5 months to review heaps of evidence.
(I'm making sure it include link!)

I genuinely believe it 's time to give up the hit and run thing. Hard though it is to grasp, Samantha was attacked deliberately, face to face , not known if the perpetrator had a weapon, stick, rocks, whatever, person to person. This is hard to take and hard to understand , no one knows why he did this, as yet., not that it matters why, the law does not care why he did it, and I don't have to care why he did it.

One of the reporters asked a question about Police searching Lal Lal Forest … it is down towards Scotsburn … but in an easterly direction …he may know that area well??? There is also a huge waterway there …

IMO

Oh I missed that, it's really close to Lal Lal Forest

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_161453_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_161453_Maps.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
I'm curious as to why no one consider asking about a possible link to deliberate attack on Sissy Austin's attack one year ago?
Also, of note, and in my wonderful graphic design work, I've circled where he was arrested vs where she was attacked.

I was just thinking about this as well. It's half past midnight where I am and I should be asleep, but plan on doing some digging tomorrow.

I genuinely believe it 's time to give up the hit and run thing. Hard though it is to grasp, Samantha was attacked deliberately, face to face , not known if the perpetrator had a weapon, stick, rocks, whatever, person to person. This is hard to take and hard to understand , no one knows why he did this, as yet., not that it matters why, the law does not care why he did it, and I don't have to care why he did it.

Spot on. We probably won't get much more information until a court case, so will just be speculation until then. Until/Unless the body is found.

so strange. What could the motive possibly have been?
I think we are mostly in agreement that it was a planned murder, not an accidental hit and run, so why on earth would he murder a murder a woman more than twice his age (likely to not be sexually motivated)?
I agree with the comment it's to do with power, to wreak vengeance for a perceived lack of power, specifically one which has aggrieved him: one theory is rejection by women & taking it out on an innocent (the Claremont murderer killed when things were going wrong in his life) - a common enough occurrence I thought it worth mentioning. I have seen instances of just how angry it can make a man, revealing their deep seated issues. Her age wouldn't be relevant going from her picture and 51 isn't that old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member