Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he did sleep between 4.00am and 7.00am at the Scotsburn address. IMO

Then by motorbike he cut through the Canadian Plantation, sees SM and he gets an idea - but he has his phone and bike. IMO

So he heads home to Mt Clear and picks up the car and leaves the phone, and catches up to where SM who is now near Recreation Road and Boak Road. JMO

Maybe they have CCTV of him in 2 forms of vehicle at that time of the morning. MOO

Also maybe the new address -Butt Street - where there is commercial buildings - is there a gym??, that he could wash himself off at? JMO

I mean, do we even know when he left the pub?

Also, why is he caring about seeing a random woman, i'm not sure I am 'falling' for this rage, random thing..its all very strange

I mean, do we even know when he left the pub?

Also, why is he caring about seeing a random woman, i'm not sure I am 'falling' for this rage, random thing..its all very strange
Yeah it’s all very strange. Finding SM will reveal a lot but we might have to wait till the trial to find out what really happened

Yeah it’s all very strange. Finding SM will reveal a lot but we might have to wait till the trial to find out what really happened
Agreed completely, i truly can't even place a theory what has happened here, especially the near 'spotless' clean up when he was drinking/maybe drugs..its a bit wild

I’m reading the home being ‘sitted ‘ by PS and his gf is currently for sale having been on the market since November .
Read elsewhere it is owned by a Ballarat hairdresser .
Sounds a logical fit to have a local person with daily ties ( caring for her horses on parents nearby property ) to house sit an unoccupied property .

My feeling is that we don't know enough about this matter.

It is very difficult for many people to pay two mortgages, if the owner has bought another place.

Consequently, many people put their house up for sale while they are still living there. And once their house has sold they can fund another house purchase. Or they can rent it out - short term - until their house sells.

The fact that the girlfriend was house-sitting could just mean that the property owner was away on holiday, because I cannot imagine house-sitting a place where the owner has emptied it of furniture and all the things a person needs to cook, clean, keep their food cold, and live.

imo

Last edited:
Won't he get a Public Defender?

Does it depend on family's financial status?
Shouldn't depend on his family's financial status. He is over 18 and an adult. Re the fam paying for legal assistance. It will depend on how they view him and his actions. They may choose to distance themselves from him and let him go with Legal Aid. Or they may choose to stand by him at all costs. They have to live and work in the area, and have 2 other children to consider. A hard call for any parent. MOO.

not imagine house-sitting a place where the owner has emptied it of furniture and all the things a person needs to cook, clean, keep their food cold, and live.

imo

The owner might have kept all furniture and appliances till the act of selling.
And rent it to get money.
Or ask somebody to "sit the house" preventing it being burgled.

It was for sale, not being sold IMO.

Another day , and no closer to located Mrs Murphy's body.. Silence from the accused. . ...In Australia , his solicitor ( attorney) would not be advising him to stay silent on the matter, as a 'bargaining chip'.. This would be classified as a crime , and the lawyer would be disbarred. Once the police ask for information in regard to a murder, and information is withheld, ( since the police are not suggesting you come forward, they are directing you ) .. that's a felony..

He has no bargaining chip, in all reality, VICPOL wouldn't give lowering the charge a seconds thought, it's murder, he has to deal with it, VICPOL can wait, and they'll search until Kingdom come before watering down any charges currently underway..

They would be consulting the family, ... it would not be a decision in a vacuum, but the prevailing view would be to let him stew. Some theories about him being too ratted out to remember where he put the body are feasible, but this makes him even more dangerous, a bloke who can kill and not remember, ... ye gods.. ..

It is hard to tell with any certainty what Mr S. 's current frame of mind is, and I doubt that he is in Gen Pop in the remand centre.. ( lots of people walk past the Remand centre in Melbourne, not knowing, it's that grim grey skyscraper on the corner of Bourke and WIlliam St, just down a bit in William St, the defendants come to court in a sort of horse float truck, it drives up Bourke very slowly. ) He would not be allowed to be mixing with the other men on Remand, I don't think, for his own safety, and , I suppose, for theirs, because who knows...

I do honestly think that VICPOL will find that body with or without any input from the accused, it's not their first rodeo, they have methods and processes that he knows nothing about..

Last edited:
If PS says where Samantha is, he is actually saying he committed the crime. And with police still searching for info, I'm thinking their case may need more evidence to convict. So why would he plead guilty now if his legal team don't think police have enough yet for 'beyond reasonable doubt'

Shouldn't depend on his family's financial status. He is over 18 and an adult. Re the fam paying for legal assistance. It will depend on how they view him and his actions. They may choose to distance themselves from him and let him go with Legal Aid. Or they may choose to stand by him at all costs. They have to live and work in the area, and have 2 other children to consider. A hard call for any parent. MOO.

I think it is possible to love and support your child while being devastated by their choices. Whether convinced of their guilt or not. What a position to be in as a parent.

From the beginning LE was only requesting footage from the Sunday 7:00AM to 7:00PM... I thought that start time didn't leave much opportunity for LE to piece together CCTV movements BEFORE she left for her run.

We know she had a dinner with Mick and friends the Saturday night. I felt they should be sussing out footage from the night before also. The gathering of these hours could've been paramount as the club closed at 3:00AM. For weeks they only wanted footage from 7:00AM onwards and it never made sense to me, but of course, in these early days they were convinced Samantha had an accident on her run and was stranded somewhere in the bush. As time went on this scenario was becoming less and less likely. I hope footage before 7:00AM wasn't lost in the process. Who knows how long different places store video footage? Dash cams? Are they overridden after a certain time? I don't know enough about it.

I feel like the photo of the girlfriend may just be a photo of her from the past rather than one just taken after his arrest.
She might've known days prior, she might of contacted police leading up to a arrest, we don't know any of this, we don't know how she's truly going, I found it appalling DM taking photos of a person that at this stage police say had nothing to do with the crime, she is a young girl this would be devastating.. who knows that photo might've been the only time she was outside that day, seeking some companionship from her horses and DM decide to invade her privacy... She's a victim in this too, it's not going to be easy to heal from this especially if he wasn't always good to her.... She might be relieved he's gone, you can't tell how someone is feelin' from a DM photo, if that were the case MM looks like a smiley snail, instead of a man going through some tough situations and times.....
Her life has been turned upside down, are they going to take photos of his sister's next and make an article about that too? Poor young woman, she dost deserve this kind of media attention after having her life exploded...
I hope the media leave her alone, it would not be easy to navigate this situation, the photos were dated and confirmed to be after his arrest.

Another day , and no closer to located Mrs Murphy's body.. Silence from the accused. . ...In Australia , his solicitor ( attorney) would not be advising him to stay silent on the matter, as a 'bargaining chip'.. This would be classified as a crime , and the lawyer would be disbarred. Once the police ask for information in regard to a murder, and information is withheld, ( since the police are not suggesting, they are directing you ) .. that's a felony..

He has no bargaining chip, in all reality, VICPOL wouldn't give lowering the charge a seconds thought, it's murder, he has to deal with it, VICPOL can wait, and they'll search until Kingdom come before watering down any charges currently underway..

They would be consulting the family, ... it would not be a decision in a vacuum, but the prevailing view would be to let him stew. Some theories about him being too ratted out to remember where he put the body are feasible, but this makes him even more dangerous, a bloke who can kill and not remember, ... ye gods.. ..

It is hard to tell with any certainty what Mr S. 's current frame of mind is, and I doubt that he is in Gen Pop in the remand centre.. ( lots of people walk past the Remand centre in Melbourne, not knowing, it's that grim grey skyscraper on the corner of Bourke and WIlliam St, just down a bit in William St, the defendants come to court in a sort of horse float truck, it drives up Bourke very slowly. ) He would not be allowed to be mixing with the other men on Remand, I don't think, for his own safety, and , I suppose, for theirs, because who knows...

I do honestly think that VICPOL will find that body with or without any input from the accused, it's not their first rodeo, they have methods and processes that he knows nothing about..
Such an elegant writer & every post full of info, I’m learning a lot ! Thankyou Trooper !!

If PS says where Samantha is, he is actually saying he committed the crime. And with police still searching for info, I'm thinking their case may need more evidence to convict. So why would he plead guilty now if his legal team don't think police have enough yet for 'beyond reasonable doubt'
I'm confident they have enough, I also think they will find Sam without PS's "help".

They seemed very confident in the presser.

All IMO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members