Sandusky Trial Transcripts Discussion

So really what the facts are showing is that Gricar made his decision not to prosecute Sandusky without even giving the case a good study, IMO.

I think he was persuaded that it would not be wise. I don't think it was money or worry about his career.

I think with the little he was told, since he apparently didn't read anything, he discussed it with 'whoever' and decided that at that time in 1998, it was not worth disrupting the college, the community, and all the agencies that had vouched for JS as a foster/adoptive parent and mentor, for a case of just a little 'horsing around'.

IMO

and in the end, what he did wasn't wise. And now, he's nowhere to be found. I hope he's 6 feet under somewhere, and not vacationing in Tonga.

and in the end, what he did wasn't wise. And now, he's nowhere to be found. I hope he's 6 feet under somewhere, and not vacationing in Tonga.

Well, I don't agree with you. Even if this was something beyond a hideously bad judgment, or a string of stupid mistakes, he didn't deserve to die over it.

And its probably Slovenia or Ukraine.

It's possible it was about his career.

But I've been thinking about there being a "whoever" since the beginning. I hope if there is a "whoever," that we find out who it, or they, are.

We have that 10/27/98 meeting, with everyone else still around, and participant Sloane in a position where it will profit him to talk.

How would it profit Sloane to talk? And if he did, would he be perceived to be credible, given the drug charges against him? And do the drug charges have anything to do with "whoever?"

How would it profit Sloane to talk? And if he did, would he be perceived to be credible, given the drug charges against him? And do the drug charges have anything to do with "whoever?"

Sloane had a serious accident in 1998. He can always claim pain relief. The amount of pot seems low. Sloane has a bargaining chip; he can testify about 1998. That is where it profits him.

I'll give you hypothetical. Gricar knew that he could prosecute. He came to some sort of an arrangement, with Sloane in tow, with "whomever" at PSU, he wouldn't prosecute but PSU would handle it in house. Gricar doesn't face the wrath of the "crazy football fans." Sandusky receives helps "the problem," and because of that, the children are viewed as safe. PSU avoids a scandal. None of these guys really understood "grooming" and assumed it is just a one time incident.

The thing is, it is possible that none of this is illegal. DA's have discretion in prosecuting cases. Gricar might look like a fool and/or a coward, but not a crook. However, whomever Gricar made the arrangement with knows that there is a problem. It that whomever is Spanier, Curley, and/or Schultz, suddenly, it is far worse than Freeh suggested. They went into 2001 knowing that Sandusky had "the problem." If Paterno is on the list, it just further tarnishes his reputation.

If it is one or more of the first three, guess how valuable Sloane's chip will be. He may be believed because some or all of the story would be backed up by some of the LE people or Ganter. Hypothetically, Sloane might have given some unpublished details to who knows how many people, some of whom the AG's Office knows about. If these things happened, I don't think there will be any question of Sloane being believed.

"Seduction" type pedophiles have the ability to molest astronomical numbers of victims over a period of years, usually when its finally uncovered, the victim count is staggering

This type of pedophile (someone with a defined sexual preference for children) views children as willing and able sexual partners.

In their mind they engage with their victims the same way 2 consenting adults would, however they must first overcome any objection and uncomfortable feelings the victim may have m this is done through "grooming"

Though they are fully aware its wrong and illegal, and that there are treatment centers all over the united states , they choose to act on their deviant urges anyway.

Grooming is an ever continuing dulling of the victims resistance to to increasing odd sexual behaviors the offender demonstrates. They often give the victim an abundant amount of attention, ply them with gifts, they will spend a lot of money and spend an inordinate time with the victim. What they want is 3 fold, 1) for it to NOT to appear out of the ordinary to be with their victims, 2) to lower the victims inhibitions to the ever increasing physical aspect and 3) to in debt the victim to the offender.

They will often decorate their homes in a youthful manner , or have youth oriented objects and areas in or near their home

They may pretend to like child like activities, such as gaming etc, they'll often feign interest in the victims personal matters, such as dating, school, sports teams etc..

They may deter the victim from revealing the abuse through a variety of means from a feeling of loyalty, to smear campaigns, to threats of violence etc...

They will often befriend the victims families as well using the same debt producing tactic to make parents feel like it would be wrong to NOT let their child spend time with the offender.

I say "victims" because of the nature of their deviant desire being based more on appearance than actual age, once a victim outgrows what they are attracted to , they usually move on to another. Its also not unheard of for a single offender to be victimizing multiple victims at the same time.

The seduction type offender desires a sexual relationship with the victim, similar to what consenting adults would, what they want a "lover" but their desired partner is pre-pubescent.

Due to embarrassment, along with any threats the offender may have issued along with the fear of not being believed, (primarily in the case of celebrity offenders) the victims of these type of crimes, often keep it to themselves, usually with an extremely damaged psyche, left to deal with the pain and damage all alone.

Meanwhile the offender simply carries on until he is apprehended, by then the number of victims can number in the hundreds (usually anywhere from 50-300) .

In this case, sadly Sandusky's reputation allowed him to carry on for decades harming scores of victims, some we may never know but hopefully eventually they'll come forward

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back