Sarasota and Manatee Counties

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Use this thread to list and discuss victims last known to be in Sarasota and Manatee Counties.

MAP

Just saw this thread and it caught my eye... I live in Sarasota... did I miss something????

Speaking of socks (discussion in Volusia County thread), a Jane Doe found February 7, 2007, in Sarasota County. Here's the description of her clothing from Namus. Two pairs of socks, no shoes.

Clothing:
A multicolored cotton pullover shirt with an Italian label, a light colored "Spice Wear" skirt with a leather string belt, dark colored thong-style underpants, and two pairs of socks (one pair was white & the other pair was blue-green in color).

More details for Namus UP #1017:
  • Remains found in a wooded area between Ashton Ct. and Sarah Ave.
  • Recognizable face
  • Long reddish brown hair that was pulled back into a pony-tail.
  • The victim had saline breast implants, Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Style 1600, manufactured in 1998.
  • A skeletal analysis completed on the remains indicated that she may have fractured her nose and right wrist at some point in her life.

djbMbQ5.jpg

Images released of 2007 Sarasota murder victim
By Billy Cox
Published: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:49 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:00 p.m.

keSF3j2.jpg

Computer-generated facial reconstruction images of a woman whose remains
were found in a wooden area off Ashton Court in Sarasota in 2007.
STAFF PHOTO / DAN WAGNER

[...]
"She's always on my mind," says Miller, whose relationship with Jane Doe began on Feb. 6, 2007, some 50 yards south of 5438 Ashton Court in Sarasota. "Who are you? That question often goes through my head as I walk in the door. Who are you?"

On the eve of that grim anniversary, the Sheriff's Office released another composite portrait of Jane Doe. And with an assist from technology, an even sharper profile of the county's only anonymous homicide victim may soon assume a sharper focus.

Buried in a 3-foot grave, her skull exhibiting signs of fracturing before death, Jane Doe went undiscovered for as long as a year before a passer-by found one of her bones. She is believed to have been anywhere from her 30s to her 40s, and of European ethnicity. She had long brown ponytailed hair with blonde streaks. Jane Doe's DNA matches nothing in the FBI database, and her body was too decomposed to detect fingerprints.

Thanks to facial reconstruction software created by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, new images unveiled in Sarasota Wednesday morning will replace the original FBI sketches.

[...]
Tips and leads on Jane Doe can be forwarded to Criminal Investigations at 941-861-4900, Crime Stoppers at 941-366-8477, or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com

Images released of 2007 Sarasota murder victim
By Billy Cox
Published: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:49 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:00 p.m.

keSF3j2.jpg

Computer-generated facial reconstruction images of a woman whose remains
were found in a wooden area off Ashton Court in Sarasota in 2007.
STAFF PHOTO / DAN WAGNER

[...]
"She's always on my mind," says Miller, whose relationship with Jane Doe began on Feb. 6, 2007, some 50 yards south of 5438 Ashton Court in Sarasota. "Who are you? That question often goes through my head as I walk in the door. Who are you?"

On the eve of that grim anniversary, the Sheriff's Office released another composite portrait of Jane Doe. And with an assist from technology, an even sharper profile of the county's only anonymous homicide victim may soon assume a sharper focus.

Buried in a 3-foot grave, her skull exhibiting signs of fracturing before death, Jane Doe went undiscovered for as long as a year before a passer-by found one of her bones. She is believed to have been anywhere from her 30s to her 40s, and of European ethnicity. She had long brown ponytailed hair with blonde streaks. Jane Doe's DNA matches nothing in the FBI database, and her body was too decomposed to detect fingerprints.

Thanks to facial reconstruction software created by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, new images unveiled in Sarasota Wednesday morning will replace the original FBI sketches.

[...]
Tips and leads on Jane Doe can be forwarded to Criminal Investigations at 941-861-4900, Crime Stoppers at 941-366-8477, or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.2731771,-82.4780086,17.5z

Is this one believed to be connected to any of the other murders in the area?

Is this one believed to be connected to any of the other murders in the area?
I don't believe that's ever been stated by LE. The truth is that we don't know which cases are related, with the exception of the four in Daytona Beach where a link has been confirmed by LE. Considering the timing of this woman's murder in 2006, it's not an unreasonable notion, IMO. And if not, the added exposure for the Jane Doe won't hurt.

It's coming up quickly on the 10th Anniversary of finding Sarasota Jane Doe near the Clark Road exit at I75.

Just wanted to give her case a quick bump, and maybe renew some interest in ID'ing this lady.

attachment.php
Currently there is a"Spice Wear" skirt for resale online, which is the product Sarasota Jane Doe was wearing. It was a Juniors style and sizing.

Attachments

• spice wear skirt.jpg
    spice wear skirt.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 55
attachment.php

Just added a Fila t-shirt that may have been similar to the one she was wearing. Fila is an Italian brand, and the design was from the 90s, as well. Looks like these were either her clothes from the 1990s or she shopped at places like the Salvation Army or Goodwill. JMO...She might have been homeless for quite some time.

Attachments

• outfit3.jpg
    outfit3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 50
I hesitate about her being homeless. In my experiences- homeless don't usually wear skirts. In Florida you would get eaten by mosquitoes and sand fleas. Just my opinion.

I hesitate about her being homeless. In my experiences- homeless don't usually wear skirts. In Florida you would get eaten by mosquitoes and sand fleas. Just my opinion.

Thanks. I agree most homeless women don't wear skirts, but in February it's really pleasant without a lot of mosquitoes or sand fleas. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back