SBI probe into possible juror misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope this turns out to be nothing, cause it's going to put Judge Stephens in a predicament if he chooses not to declare a mistrial after his tirade on JY's guilt (well deserved tirade). But nonetheless, he will have a tough decision ahead of him, and I just hope it never comes to that.

I think that it's a whole lotta' nuthin'.

All that will come of this is that people from the investigators office will have wasted a whole bunch of time and energy.

Vinnie asked another juror if they were ever deadlocked (she was on about 5:10ish est) and she said "no they were never deadlocked". She was very believeable.

Yeah! "My Hair Dressers Friend " riiiight!

Okay, somebody met "a fellow on the jury" when they were "out" one evening and he talked about the trial "the whole night". Sounds like a bar to me. And you know everything everyone tells you a bar is true. Cough.

I found the FB page of the person who mentioned the hairdresser. Someone from WRAL has posted on her page asking to speak with her about it. Her page is public - is it OK to post the link here?

ETA, it looks like she lives in Burlington or maybe Greensboro. All of the posts that are visible on her timeline are links to Burlington or Triad-area news organizations.

I found the FB page of the person who mentioned the hairdresser. Someone from WRAL has posted on her page asking to speak with her about it. Her page is public - is it OK to post the link here?

ETA, it looks like she lives in Burlington or maybe Greensboro. All of the posts that are visible on her timeline are links to Burlington or Triad-area news organizations.

She sounds like a naysayer to me!

Letter to SBI:
http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2012/03/06/10821695/20120306170659598.pdf

Wow... the posts seem to match up with what the juror said today, to a certain extent, though not entirely.

It also appears as if the last letter of the pdf I linked to may be to one of the jurors on the case. I hope not, and if it is, I hope they edit out her name as soon as possible.

I do not think the posts seem to match up at all to what has been said by the jurors today. This post says deadlocked at: 3 ng, 9 g... From what I recall the jurors saying there was only one ever in ng. At certain times there were undecideds. I refuse to panic, well maybe a little but I think this will be proven as a hoax. esp if the source is golo.

BS The info does NOT match the info given by the jurors this morning.

The 7-5 was not 7 NG - 5 G as posted on this facebook excerpt, it was 7 G - 5 Undecided.

Only 1-2 people were ever NG and then only for a little while.

I'm sure this has been said already but I just had to post. I almost thew up when I saw this! Disgusting how people can say whatever they want on these comments and mess with people's lives.

Nope, not ok.

But keep good notes.

Oh noooooooooooooo!

You know if it comes out he talked about the case the entire time the DT is going to use that on appeal.:banghead:

I am sickened to hear this and if the Judge ordered the SBI to investigate it must be pretty serious and he must have a good faith basis for doing so. (GROAN!)

IMO
The judge doesn't seem to think so in the PDF posted. He's just being cautious in a high profile case.

So, when was this FB posting on WRAL. I couldnt tell. FB is not GOLO is it?

I wonder if it was JY? I would do something like that if I thought it might help me buy some time with another mistrial.

So it was a woman AND a man both talking independently to different people? I doubt it. :furious::furious::furious:

I think that it's a whole lotta' nuthin'.

All that will come of this is that people from the investigators office will have wasted a whole bunch of time and energy.

ITA and getting verdict overturned even IF there was some misconduct is not easy because it has to be shown to change the outcome of the trial/verdict.

So...2 jurors were talking? Man blabbing to some woman and saying he's unbiased and someone who is friends with a jurors hairdresser blah...blah...blah....sigh

Letter to SBI:
http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2012/03/06/10821695/20120306170659598.pdf

Wow... the posts seem to match up with what the juror said today, to a certain extent, though not entirely.

It also appears as if the last letter of the pdf I linked to may be to one of the jurors on the case. I hope not, and if it is, I hope they edit out her name as soon as possible.

The last letter eases my mind a bit. By the way, it is to the jury foreman (forewoman? is that a word?).

ETA It's from the judge saying that this type of thing is not unusual, don't be alarmed, he is required to investigate the claim, and that someone will be contacting the jurors with a few questions.

I am in the camp that is going to turn out to be nothing but I am incensed that Meredith and Linda are being put through this on top of anything else. If it turns out to be a troll making trouble are there any legal consequences they could face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname