SC - 3-year old boy kidnapped by father pulled from burning car after it crashes during police chase - May 8, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting to see if this made it to WS… I didn’t want to start the thread because the victims are lifelong family friends of mine, and I wasn’t sure initially how public they wanted to be with this case.

It’s truly a MIRACLE that Bennett (the precious 3 year old) is alive. He received burns across 90-95% of his body, all third degree, after his “father” (I don’t feel he deserves that title… moo) intentionally set the truck and his son on fire before jumping out the window. Bennett has a long journey ahead, but he is such a fighter.

I’m not sure of the rules in regards to sharing CaringBridge pages here, but his is updated regularly! If it’s allowed (and if anyone is interested) I’d be happy to share it.

Lastly — I’d like to mention Bennett’s mom. She was brutally assaulted just before his kidnapping and has suffered through so much physical and mental trauma. Despite this, she hasn’t missed a beat with Bennett or his siblings. Her resilience is awe-inspiring and I just really wanted to recognize her as well ❤️

I’ve been waiting to see if this made it to WS… I didn’t want to start the thread because the victims are lifelong family friends of mine, and I wasn’t sure initially how public they wanted to be with this case.

It’s truly a MIRACLE that Bennett (the precious 3 year old) is alive. He received burns across 90-95% of his body, all third degree, after his “father” (I don’t feel he deserves that title… moo) intentionally set the truck and his son on fire before jumping out the window. Bennett has a long journey ahead, but he is such a fighter.

I’m not sure of the rules in regards to sharing CaringBridge pages here, but his is updated regularly! If it’s allowed (and if anyone is interested) I’d be happy to share it.

Lastly — I’d like to mention Bennett’s mom. She was brutally assaulted just before his kidnapping and has suffered through so much physical and mental trauma. Despite this, she hasn’t missed a beat with Bennett or his siblings. Her resilience is awe-inspiring and I just really wanted to recognize her as well ❤️

I am so sorry. Poor little guy. My heart, oh my. I hope he heals quickly and not suffer much. His mama, just no words but sending hugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back