SC SC - Alexis Ware 29, talked about being followed, car found in McCormick, Anderson, 30 Jan 2022

question - they have surveillance footage of them at the gas station, and everything looks normal. Does the footage confirm they both left in separate cars? Is there footage that captures Alexis driving off at that red light? How young are the children, are they old enough to confirm or deny what's being said?

question - they have surveillance footage of them at the gas station, and everything looks normal. Does the footage confirm they both left in separate cars? Is there footage that captures Alexis driving off at that red light? How young are the children, are they old enough to confirm or deny what's being said?

I know this doesn’t answer your questions specifically but may offer some insight…

Family worried for missing mother of two Alexis Ware, "I'm waiting to wake up from this nightmare."

When asked if there was any security footage from the gas station, Alberta told Dateline, “They actually showed us the footage of the meeting in the 7-Eleven parking lot. Nothing seemed out of the norm, at all. Nothing looks suspicious or anything.” Until, of course, she reportedly sped off.

….
Also,
Her children are 9 and 2.

Family worried for missing mother of two Alexis Ware, "I'm waiting to wake up from this nightmare."

This stood out to me:
They think it’s odd that between her busy work schedule and being a mom, Alexis would just drop off the grid. Alberta also recalled Alexis being worried about the safety of her children. “She actually said to me, ‘Mom, I don’t know what I would do if something happens to me and my kids is in the car with me.’”

Alberta told Dateline that when she found out Alexis had met up with the father of her youngest child to give him the children that night she disappeared, she immediately understood why. “She did what mothers would do. She separated herself from the kids because she felt like she was in danger. So, motherly instinct. She protected her kids.”

And this:
Travis told Dateline that he hopes Alexis’s disappearance doesn’t have anything to do with her activity on social media. “She has a huge following, whether that's on Facebook or Instagram. I hope this is not related to anything social media-wise,” Travis said. “One thing I've known, ‘cause I also have one, too: You have to make sure that you're careful at any given time because you don't know who knows you, or anything. Of course, you would hope that everyone that follows you loves and supports you, but you also may come across those select few that may envy you. So I hope this doesn't have to do -- anything related to social.”

Alexis Ware - Google My Maps

This case is ridiculously confusing and makes very little sense, but I think I've made some headway.

- 70 miles away from the 7-Eleven would place the car in around Modoc, SC, where there's a campground, trails, etc. by driving.
- However, 70 miles from the 7-Eleven "as the crow flies" would put her at the border of South Carolina/Georgia.
- Hickory Knob State Park was searched based on a tip. That is quite far away from Abbeville, Augusta, and the general area of McCormick County where the car was probably found.
- inputting the 7-Eleven address to Abbeville is 29.4 mi. Driving directions to arrive there on a Sunday by 8:15 p.m. would mean she had to leave right away and had no breaks or meandering routes. i stress that a ping does not mean she was in the precise area, but was at least somewhat nearby.
- It was reported she made a right-hand turn out of the station, but the logical routes to head in that direction would have her turning left.
- If her cell phone did ping near Abbeville, and she was there, most likely it seems she'd have taken State Route 205 and then made her way down through some really rural roads to (somehow) reach the road signed as 48/311/627/413 before heading down SC-201.
- Again, i want to stress to not over-value this info, we would need a ping tower map to figure out if she on that road or on a parallel road that could have pinged that tower. She may not have been driving, but since the cell phone was found with the car, it's logical that at least her car was on that road.
- I could really use a local's voice on sanity checking if this route is doable or logical, especially at night, and in an area that her family says she has never been to.
- Being this far down is pretty close to Augusta, so it's not too much of a stretch when LE says that highway cameras spotted her car.

Again, I want to reiterate that the map may contain errors and is very speculative based on very incomplete information.

Last edited:

This case is ridiculously confusing and makes very little sense, but I think I've made some headway.

- 70 miles away from the 7-Eleven would place the car in around Modoc, SC, where there's a campground, trails, etc. by driving.
- However, 70 miles from the 7-Eleven "as the crow flies" would put her at the border of South Carolina/Georgia.
- Hickory Knob State Park was searched based on a tip. That is quite far away from Abbeville, Augusta, and the general area of McCormick County where the car was probably found.
- inputting the 7-Eleven address to Abbeville is 29.4 mi. Driving directions to arrive there on a Sunday by 8:15 p.m. would mean she had to leave right away and had no breaks or meandering routes. i stress that a ping does not mean she was in the precise area, but was at least somewhat nearby.
- It was reported she made a right-hand turn out of the station, but the logical routes to head in that direction would have her turning left.
- If her cell phone did ping near Abbeville, and she was there, most likely it seems she'd have taken State Route 205 and then made her way down through some really rural roads to (somehow) reach the road signed as 48/311/627/413 before heading down SC-201.
- Again, i want to stress to not over-value this info, we would need a ping tower map to figure out if she on that road or on a parallel road that could have pinged that tower. She may not have been driving, but since the cell phone was found with the car, it's logical that at least her car was on that road.
- I could really use a local's voice on sanity checking if this route is doable or logical, especially at night, and in an area that her family says she has never been to.
- Being this far down is pretty close to Augusta, so it's not too much of a stretch when LE says that highway cameras spotted her car.

Again, I want to reiterate that the map may contain errors and is very speculative based on very incomplete information.

This is a very strange case for sure. Only thing I think that I’ve read differently is that I believe the kid’s father said that Alexis had actually started following him, she was behind him at a red light and then she quickly drove around him and made a quick and unexpected right turn on red and that was the last he saw of her. Not sure how far away they were from the 7-11 when she made that turn.

Friend of Alexis Ware speaks out on 2-month anniversary of her disappearance

March 31, 2022
For friends of Alexis Ware, these last 2 months have been filled with so many emotions, they now feel numb.

Since her disappearance on January 30th from the 7-11 on Highway 29 North in Anderson County, a lot has happened.

Alexis’ red Honda sedan was found near the Georgia state line, the FBI got involved , and still, Alize says they don’t feel any closer to answers.

Family members and activists who we’ve spoken to say they are pushing for the FBI to announce a reward for information about Alexis’ disappearance, something they hope will entice someone to come forward.

They’ve written to senator Lindsey Graham’s office as well.

I did this a couple of weeks ago, but I've marked four locations off Route 28 and three locations off Route 104 that have traffic cams. If I had to guess, I'd assume the camera footage is from Route 28, as that is the route you're on when crossing from SC to Georgia.

"near Georgia state line" suggests that it is 70 miles "as the crow flies" and not by driving, which is what most newspapers/reporting would use anyway.

Edit: traffic cam locations taken from Augusta Georgia Traffic Cams

There is slowly some information that is making me think this case is not as it appears, I hope I’m wrong. The daughter is old enough to talk, she is 9 or 10.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2022-4-23_22-31-6.jpeg

Circumstances of Disappearance
Alexis was last seen on Hwy 29 North, traveling in her red 2019 Honda Accord.

Her vehicle is known to have traveled to and from the state of Georgia. Alexis' vehicle has dark tinted windows.

The vehicle was recovered February 2, 2022, without Alexis, in McCormick South Carolina. (McCormick County, South Carolina)

APR 27, 2022
Missing: What happened to a mother of 2 who vanished? (newsnationnow.com)
[...]

The behavior of the aspiring social media model known for her big personality had changed prior to her disappearance Jan. 30. Not only was she repeating she would not live to see her 30th birthday, Travis said she had posted a series of concerning social media posts, which have since been deleted, prior to her going missing.

[...]

Ware began to follow Patterson to a different location in her red Honda, when suddenly, she sped off. It was the last recorded instance of her being seen.

[...]

Her car was found covered in mud in rural McCormick, South Carolina, a little over an hour’s drive from Anderson. Her cellphone, wallet, keys and a bag full of clothes were found in the car. They remain the only real clues in her disappearance.

[...]

As far as Travis knows, there is no reason his sister would have traveled to McCormick where her car was found.

“To Mccormick, South Carolina? No, my sister doesn’t know anyone there; she doesn’t have any relatives there,” Travis said. “She doesn’t have any friends there … so that threw me off.”

[...]

Foster said there are no clear leads. ...

Travis said Ware loved her kids and “wouldn’t go a day” without seeing them.

“My sister loved social media, she’s not going to go a day, a few hours, a few minutes, off of Facebook, or Instagram,” Travis said.

https://ncmissingpersons.org/alexis-dyshee-ware/

Alexis Dysheè Ware

alexis-300x300.jpg

Missing From: Anderson, South Carolina
Missing Since: January 30, 2022
Age at Disappearance: 29
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 230
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Light skin African American female. Alexis has full dentures and multiple tattoos. Alexis has dimple piercings in both cheeks.

Details of Disappearance: Alexis’ family is very concerned, she may be driving a red 2019 Honda Accord Sport, possibly heading to Georgia or Columbia, South Carolina. Alexis’ red Honda was found in McCormick, SC

Investigative Agency: Anderson County Sheriff’s Office 864-581-8154

If you have any information on this case, please contact CUE Center for Missing Persons at (910) 343-1131 or call the CUE Center 24-hour tip line at (910) 232-1687. All information submitted to CUE Center for Missing Persons is confidential.

Alexis Ware has been missing for five months. Now, the family hopes a new billboard will lead them to answers.

On Thursday night, Ware’s family and Community Activist Bruce Wilson, with Fighting Injustice Together, held a candlelight prayer vigil in her honor.

“Just prayer and faith in God that she’s okay,” said Katrina Gray, Ware’s aunt.

“It’s been five months and she’s still missing, and we just want her home,” said Alberta Gray-Simpkins, Ware’s mother.

“She is a mom. She is a daughter. Her kids miss her, they need her. Her mother misses her. We all miss her,” Gray said.

JUL 1, 2022
[...]

“As of today, there are no leads. But we know someone somewhere knows something,” said Alexis’ aunt KG.

Gray told FOX Carolina that Thursday’s billboard unveiling on the 5-month anniversary of her niece’s disappearance was about reminding the community that she could still be out there.

[...]

The family says they’re still waiting to hear about updates from the FBI field office in Columbia. The agency got involved back in March, after Alexis’ car was found in McCormick County, SC near the Georgia state line. A multi-day, multi-county search turned up nothing.

[...]

Anderson County deputies were also present at Thursday’s billboard unveiling, and told us they are still actively investigating the case. They tell us it’s been hard to sift through false tipsters--because of the high profile of this case--but want anyone with any real information to come forward ASAP. They also say they hope the billboard helps.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back