SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

I don't believe the step-father was responsible for Annette's disappearance for one simple reason: she was at the bus stop the morning she disappeared, a fact confirmed by the driver of another bus who most certainly saw her there many times before. If the step-father really did make Annette disappear, it would mean he allowed her to go off to the bus stop and then went after her a few minutes later. What sense does that make?

If he had decided he was going to get rid of her that day, logic argues he never would've allowed her to go to the stop in the first place. It was of no benefit to him to let her go there and then get her a few minutes later. In fact, it would have put him at great risk because he could've been spotted with her by a passing motorist.

So even though he is a likely suspect, the fact that Annette was seen at the bus stop 20 minutes prior to her school bus arriving seems to exonerate him.
Is it just coincidence that Annette disappeared a week or so before her custody hearing? She had no biological relation to Steve. Also, Steve left the state rather quickly to Florida after her disappearance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The note didn't say where they were living, just that Korrina had taken her. It's possible Annette didn't want her step-dad to worry so Korrina let her write it, thinking he would never find it until much later when they were long gone.

As for her sons, perhaps she didn't think she could take them and get away; or maybe she thought they would be better off with him. Who really knows?
I am sure that Annette wrote because she was told to. There is no proof that my mother was the one that picked up Annette. They both should have surfaced by now, unless there are some other factors that we do not know about yet. I really do hope my mother and sister are still out there.

About the note Annette left behind..did anyone ever think she did NOT write it the day she disappeared but another day.. You know like if she were making a list of wishes she wanted and one of them is Mama came back.. People write things and maybe the father found it and kept it for that very moment.. I just find it all to suspicious.. and how he just packed up and left. Did anybody do a thorough search of the land and house? Something is not right.. I can see the mother leaving and coming back for her daughter.. but I would see the mother having still communication with at least her own parents...

This to me is a red flag also along with a couple of other ones

Is it just coincidence that Annette disappeared a week or so before her custody hearing? She had no biological relation to Steve. Also, Steve left the state rather quickly to Florida after her disappearance.

I also believe that if a note was written under legit duress by an 11 year old, it would have been apparent to handwriting experts. Although I'm unaware of how competent the experts who examined the note were.

I also believe that if a note was written under legit duress by an 11 year old, it would have been apparent to handwriting experts. Although I'm unaware of how competent the experts who examined the note were.

See my posts starting here. They asked her teacher who also has posted here if it was her hand writing. IOt's possible Annette wasn't under duress when she wrote it. He could have told her that her mother is waiting and to write the note, he'll take her to her mom

I quoted her teachers posts here. I do not have time to requote them, here is one

Her teacher has posted here. Here are a few replies by her. To go directly to the post, click the arrow next to her name in the quote.
I am not sure why the LE had so much trouble with these cases. I talked with them and gave them a sample of Annette's handwriting so that they could check it against the note that was left at the bus stop shelter. She disappeared a year after her mother. I have always prayed that her mother came back to get her. The strange thing I remember after her mother was taken, was that the car she was driving was left where the drive met the highway. Both front doors were left open. That always puzzled me. Two people leaving fast?

My question, why would the boss go out searching for her just because she missed work. What boss does that.

I don't believe the step-father was responsible for Annette's disappearance for one simple reason: she was at the bus stop the morning she disappeared, a fact confirmed by the driver of another bus who most certainly saw her there many times before. If the step-father really did make Annette disappear, it would mean he allowed her to go off to the bus stop and then went after her a few minutes later. What sense does that make?

If he had decided he was going to get rid of her that day, logic argues he never would've allowed her to go to the stop in the first place. It was of no benefit to him to let her go there and then get her a few minutes later. In fact, it would have put him at great risk because he could've been spotted with her by a passing motorist.

So even though he is a likely suspect, the fact that Annette was seen at the bus stop 20 minutes prior to her school bus arriving seems to exonerate him.

I would probably agree with this if it were just Annette that went missing, but since it was both Annette and her mother, both with ties to Steve, I personally think he was involved. I agree with Lost Son that they probably would have surfaced by now.

I'm a little confused about the custody hearing though. If he really wanted custody of her I don't think he would kill her, and if he didn't want custody he could just relinquish it and would have no need to harm her.

All I can think of is that he might have been worried that she would talk about some sort of abuse at the hearing, or that possibly she knew what happened to her mother and was afraid it would come out in court?

I would probably agree with this if it were just Annette that went missing, but since it was both Annette and her mother, both with ties to Steve, I personally think he was involved. I agree with Lost Son that they probably would have surfaced by now.

I'm a little confused about the custody hearing though. If he really wanted custody of her I don't think he would kill her, and if he didn't want custody he could just relinquish it and would have no need to harm her.

All I can think of is that he might have been worried that she would talk about some sort of abuse at the hearing, or that possibly she knew what happened to her mother and was afraid it would come out in court?
He was not trying to get custody is my understanding. Other family members were trying. If they got custody, they might have found out if Annette knew anything of our mother's disappearance. I hope to find out what truly happened one day. To this day, Steve still denies any ties to our mother's disappearance.

He was not trying to get custody is my understanding. Other family members were trying. If they got custody, they might have found out if Annette knew anything of our mother's disappearance. I hope to find out what truly happened one day. To this day, Steve still denies any ties to our mother's disappearance.

Could those legal documents be located by the public, something you could research to see exactly what it says. Might give you information that you have not known.

I've been reading through this entire thread for the past little while, and I know that lost son said he had made contact with the Korrina from the Korrina Lyn Dawson Facebook account, but that comment was made a couple of years back and truthfully, I feel that account needs reexamining.
In March 2016, she posted this photograph and the little girl posing in it with her, has very similar facial features to Annette. I also feel as though her name being "Korrina Lyn Dawson" eery, considering the missing Korrina's name was "Korrina Lynne Sagers Malinoski".
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11095079_10207579064088133_1839067681726448262_n.jpg
    11095079_10207579064088133_1839067681726448262_n.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 400
  • isthisannette.jpg
    isthisannette.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 396
I've been reading through this entire thread for the past little while, and I know that lost son said he had made contact with the Korrina from the Korrina Lyn Dawson Facebook account, but that comment was made a couple of years back and truthfully, I feel that account needs reexamining.
In March 2016, she posted this photograph and the little girl posing in it with her, has very similar facial features to Annette. I also feel as though her name being "Korrina Lyn Dawson" eery, considering the missing Korrina's name was "Korrina Lynne Sagers Malinoski".
attachment.php
attachment.php
Not sure if this is them. Know that other family are looking into the account. I have no memories of seeing my mother and sister because I was too young. I have contacted and asked family, that knew them and have more memories of them, to look into the account. Once I get confirmation of whether or not this is them, I will post new comment. Even though I know you can lie about information posted to Facebook, this person claims to be born in June. She also has posted that she went to Colorado Springs High School. My mother was neither born in June nor went to CSHS. Also, notice that the little girl's hair is blonde. Bleaching hair was not a common practice back then. Considering contacts were not a big thing back then either, notice the woman's eyes are blue or light colored. I can see the similarities that you notice but I cannot make the final confirmation. That is why I am waiting for response from other family. Lastly, my mother and other living family were close and she would call at a minimum of once a month. She and my sister would or should have called someone by now. Not to be a pessimist, I am just posting what other family members have told me. I pray they are both alive and well.

I'm new to this page, but I did come across this while on Facebook and searching "Annette Sagers". I haven't seen this on the thread yet and was posted in 2013, but figured any bit could possibly help!

20874_513899482004759_1722161160_n.jpg

I am literally sitting in Goose Creek, SC reading this. I would have been a Junior in high school RIGHT HERE when this happened. This is the first time I have ever heard of this case, and I have lived here since 1974. I hope that there is some resolution to this ! I haven't finished reading the thread, and it looks like this is 4 years old. Fingers crossed for anything new!

I am literally sitting in Goose Creek, SC reading this. I would have been a Junior in high school RIGHT HERE when this happened. This is the first time I have ever heard of this case, and I have lived here since 1974. I hope that there is some resolution to this ! I haven't finished reading the thread, and it looks like this is 4 years old. Fingers crossed for anything new!

:wagon:

Welcome to WebSleuths!

Oddly enough, I was also a Junior in high school, about half way across the country.

Annette's brother posts occasionally. Local insight is greatly appreciated!

Strongly do not believe that the person on Facebook is at all the right person. There are photos of her as a child with other relatives, too.

Just finished reading the whole thread. I completely believe that Steve had something to do with Korrina's disappearance. The fact that they argued and physically fought, and the story that she "went for a drive"(how often do we hear that from significant others when one disappears?)...that just screams his involvement. I tend to think that he also "disappeared" Annette, but it would have taken some planning to have her at the bus stop and then not there a few minutes later, so I'm not sure. I wonder about his associations during the year after Korrina went missing...Maybe she had come in contact with a pedophile that told her he had been in contact with her mother and that she was coming back to get her, told her to write the note and leave it at the bus stop...but, instead of mother, he picked her up. That was risky, but if it was someone that had been around regularly, he would know the routine. That could have been the source of the anonymous tip about the body. So sad to think about what Annette's life could have been like during the year after her mother disappeared...No telling what she had to endure along with the absence of her mother.
ETA: Another thought just came to me...If Steve was a drug addict, could he have sold Annette to a dealer to pay a debt? Hate to type that, but just a possiblity...He could have worked with this person to set up the note and the pick-up at just the right time?

all those comparisons of different features only make me more certain that the child is not Annette
IMO the differences are obvious

attachment.php
attachment.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod