Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where the girls BD went with could be of help. They could simply answer if BD bought sunglasses while in MB. If they shared the sunglasses. If she had them with her.

I don't think the sunglasses were Britt's if they were they definately would have been weathered; however I also don't think they were planted.

ROC girl, this is such an excellent post and something that I hate to admit never even occurred to me. You and MBLover hit the nail on the head with this one. It would be such a simple thing for these girls to do and to answer this one question for their "friend's sake". Why in this world haven't they even been asked questions like this? Now I'm all fired up about these friends and their seeming lack of cooperation/interest in helping find BD. So often I have found myself (since BD disappeared) wondering what are these friends hiding and what do they have to lose. It seems so cruel and cold not to at least offer to talk to DD. This poor woman has lost her child and they are worried about who has my black shorts. Okey dokey, I'm jumping off the soapbox now. Thanks for "listening" and bring this up. It could have saved some time and probably even expense if they would have come forward with this piece of information. Oh my....I said I was jumping off the soapbox and here I go on and on.

Of course, "expense" is not even a factor when you consider a missing child, but the time and money could have gone towards another aspect in the search to bring BD home to her family.

Various opinions on the sunglasses issue, but it's mainly what has already been said. Just something I'd like to add to the mix though...

My boyfriend knows what one pair of my glasses looks like and that's because he bought them for me. I have an uncountable number of other pairs in various locations (because I always forget or lose them) that he would never be able to identify.

And by the same token, the same applies to my mom.

And my friends.

And vice versa. I don't know that I could identify any of their sunglasses if quizzed on the matter.

I'm only saying this because I don't know that people pay as close attention to those types of things as you might think. I just saw my boyfriend this morning and I can't remember what he was wearing...I'd never be able to report what it was if he went missing.

If the glasses were neon green with purple stars, maybe I'd remember, but Brittanee's looked very basic. I'm not sure we can rely on people's identification of them.

However, something CAN be said for the wear on the glasses which can start another whole argument.

Thanks SF it is possible they said they didn't know. But they would definately know if she had her own pair down there (not to id these) but they would know if the were sharing the same pair.

Maybe they did talk; but it doesn't seems so since LE, DD, MC, CD, and BD's boyfriend John all have said they don't know if she bought any.

ROC girl, this is such an excellent post and something that I hate to admit never even occurred to me. You and MBLover hit the nail on the head with this one. It would be such a simple thing for these girls to do and to answer this one question for their "friend's sake". Why in this world haven't they even been asked questions like this? Now I'm all fired up about these friends and their seeming lack of cooperation/interest in helping find BD. So often I have found myself (since BD disappeared) wondering what are these friends hiding and what do they have to lose. It seems so cruel and cold not to at least offer to talk to DD. This poor woman has lost her child and they are worried about who has my black shorts. Okey dokey, I'm jumping off the soapbox now. Thanks for "listening" and bring this up. It could have saved some time and probably even expense if they would have come forward with this piece of information. Oh my....I said I was jumping off the soapbox and here I go on and on.

Of course, "expense" is not even a factor when you consider a missing child, but the time and money could have gone towards another aspect in the search to bring BD home to her family.

Various opinions on the sunglasses issue, but it's mainly what has already been said. Just something I'd like to add to the mix though...

My boyfriend knows what one pair of my glasses looks like and that's because he bought them for me. I have an uncountable number of other pairs in various locations (because I always forget or lose them) that he would never be able to identify.

And by the same token, the same applies to my mom.

And my friends.

And vice versa. I don't know that I could identify any of their sunglasses if quizzed on the matter.

I'm only saying this because I don't know that people pay as close attention to those types of things as you might think. I just saw my boyfriend this morning and I can't remember what he was wearing...I'd never be able to report what it was if he went missing.

If the glasses were neon green with purple stars, maybe I'd remember, but Brittanee's looked very basic. I'm not sure we can rely on people's identification of them.

However, something CAN be said for the wear on the glasses which can start another whole argument.

I see what you mean on not being able to remember what someone is wearing. I could not even tell you what I, myself, was wearing yesterday. Oh and I have a whole drawer full of "Dollar Tree reading glasses" and usually always have an "extremely attractive pair" on top of my head and I'm sure my husband could not tell you which ones I have on when I leave the house.

I see what you mean on not being able to remember what someone is wearing. I could not even tell you what I, myself, was wearing yesterday. Oh and I have a whole drawer full of "Dollar Tree reading glasses" and usually always have an "extremely attractive pair" on top of my head and I'm sure my husband could not tell you which ones I have on when I leave the house.

LOL Strawberry!!! I just went thru my 'stash' of dollar store reading glasses and discovered that i have 7, yes SeVeN!!! Then I counted 8 pairs of sunglasses....5 knock offs.....3 name brand. For some reason I have issues with keeping up with glasses so, no one would know which pair i wear on any given day. The possibility that Britt bought new sunglasses or borrowed some from a friend on her trip would not surprise me at all. I've done the same thing and am just drawing from my 'girl behavior' experiences.

I find sunglasses on the beach from time to time and clean them off if in good condition. (Yes I pick up trash on the beach) I am curious if the person who found the glasses did the same before realizing they were possibly connected to a murdre investigation. Just thinking and typing.....

:) wm

In Myrtle Beach now, I have not seen one poster or billboard. :(

This is disheartening. I was thinking there was a billboard down in the area (at least one) but have not heard anyone comment in quite a quite a while on this.
Left the local Walmart recently today and looked at the bulletin board, again, no Britt. I wish I had a printer I would put some up. I asked the Realtor if she heard about her, since she (the Realtor) is a local, and she has not. It kills me, that I am so aware and yet I am from so far away. I thought with the recent search it would have brought her back in the lime light.

I thought the billboard was near Georgetown or McClennenville?sp? ; not in Myrtle Beach.

I wonder if the realtor said she hadn't heard because it doesn't sell houses missing person/homicide cases. Crime areas are not sought after with realestate. JMO

I thought the billboard was near Georgetown or McClennenville?sp? ; not in Myrtle Beach.

I wonder if the realtor said she hadn't heard because it doesn't sell houses missing person/homicide cases. Crime areas are not sought after with realestate. JMO
I get that she sells real estate, I just thought that being from this area she would have at least had knowledge of it. We have not ventured far since we do not know the area. Perhaps we can take a trip to see if we can find the above mentioned areas. I will report back if I see anything. I guess it just saddened me that there was not more flyers etc. in this area as well. I was hoping for more public awareness. Again we are limited to where we go as we have never been here before. I will see what I can find on Monday.

I get that she sells real estate, I just thought that being from this area she would have at least had knowledge of it. We have not ventured far since we do not know the area. Perhaps we can take a trip to see if we can find the above mentioned areas. I will report back if I see anything. I guess it just saddened me that there was not more flyers etc. in this area as well. I was hoping for more public awareness. Again we are limited to where we go as we have never been here before. I will see what I can find on Monday.

Sorry maybe my previous comment wasn't clear. I think she might know; and just doesn't want to talk about it. This is due to being bad for her business.

I doubt many tourist areas are going to want to bring attention to missing persons, especially beautiful young girls...

I doubt many tourist areas are going to want to bring attention to missing persons, especially beautiful young girls...

I kinda get that, Clu...but then I think, well, I see these billboards around where I live and throughout the state...and other places when I travel...but I don't think, OMG, I better get out of here, or not go there...I think: It's great that there's such a big picture of that poor missing person. I hope the right person sees it and can help find her/him.

Maybe that's just the WS in me...and maybe tourism bureaus worry too much about what they "think people will think"...but unless I'm seeing a new billboard every couple hundred feet or so of a different missing person, it really wouldn't sway me to think badly of the area, KWIM?

Now, realtors, on the other hand...Well, they're a dime a dozen around here. And yes, they kind of blow by anything they see as having the slightest negative connotation...No offense to any realtors on here but I've found many of them (and I have some who are friends) to be downright defensive when it comes to the slightest negative statement about something, or somewhere, they're selling...

Sorry maybe my previous comment wasn't clear. I think she might know; and just doesn't want to talk about it. This is due to being bad for her business.

Gotcha. We did not make it towards the billboard today. I asked a clerk at the hotel, he said there was one but he is not sure if it is still there.

Bumping up for Brittanee!

Everything is so quiet these days. Where are ya Britt? I pray each day that you are found....

wm

There is still a billboard on Hwy. 17 as you enter downtown Georgetown. I wish it was in Myrtle Beach. The route her cell phone took that night is such a desolate area. It definitely brought tears to my eyes traveling that road. Miles of dense forest and rivers. Prayers for Brit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member