Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your post Strawberry. Have you looked at the Forensic Astrology Forum here on WS before? I'm still quite leery about whether or not I have faith in these things, but I do remember glancing at it once and them specifically saying something about a bridge. I do wonder what your intuition may have been telling you when you saw the old drawbridge.

Hmmm....I swear I was reading your post with goosebumps protruding all over my arms and tears welling up in my eyes.

I don't know about Forensic Astrology and I don't know why I feel the way I do, but on my last trip down I talked about the bridge that we went over and how it absolutely made me short of breath. It wasn't the bridge specifically.....it was just where the bridge was, that there was litter and clear signs of 'parties' around the bridge, how incredibly isolated it was, and the dense forests on all sides.
I swore to this thread that day that I believe Britt is there....somewhere in those woods near that bridge. I don't know why I feel that way, but I absolutely still believe that to be true.
FWIW, you can click on the link below to see the map. #1 is the exact spot of the bridge....it's a very small bridge over the creek/swampy area that runs out to the North Santee River. #2 is the nearest house....coincidentally, the vehicle in the garage was one of those 90's vans with the spare wheel on the back, the kind where you can't see in the back at all unless you are inside the van. Not to rehash all of that.....just had to speak up when you mentioned the bridge. Maybe I'll go read the FA thread.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pj...nt.pj4k6d8cgjvy_Untitled item____&FORM=LMLTCC

Better View of bridge here...without street names. Use right arrow key for the best view of the bridge. http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pj...3046&dir=271.09561277660253&sty=o&FORM=LMLTCC

Sorry but are you and Strawberry Fields speaking of the same bridge or different ones. I don't know the area so it is unclear? Thanks

Hmmm....I swear I was reading your post with goosebumps protruding all over my arms and tears welling up in my eyes.

I don't know about Forensic Astrology and I don't know why I feel the way I do, but on my last trip down I talked about the bridge that we went over and how it absolutely made me short of breath. It wasn't the bridge specifically.....it was just where the bridge was, that there was litter and clear signs of 'parties' around the bridge, how incredibly isolated it was, and the dense forests on all sides.
I swore to this thread that day that I believe Britt is there....somewhere in those woods near that bridge. I don't know why I feel that way, but I absolutely still believe that to be true.
FWIW, you can click on the link below to see the map. #1 is the exact spot of the bridge....it's a very small bridge over the creek/swampy area that runs out to the North Santee River. #2 is the nearest house....coincidentally, the vehicle in the garage was one of those 90's vans with the spare wheel on the back, the kind where you can't see in the back at all unless you are inside the van. Not to rehash all of that.....just had to speak up when you mentioned the bridge. Maybe I'll go read the FA thread.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pj...nt.pj4k6d8cgjvy_Untitled item____&FORM=LMLTCC

Better View of bridge here...without street names. Use right arrow key for the best view of the bridge. http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pj...3046&dir=271.09561277660253&sty=o&FORM=LMLTCC

Sorry to be O/T but it's bumping the thread so maybe you won't mind... Strawberry, you mentioned your mother being ill and going to the ER (hope she's okay)...I know it wasn't the MB ER but that just reminded me...Don't ever go to that MB ER if you can avoid it.

We were leaving MB a few years ago and my sister felt very ill. They said she had a urinary infection, gave her antibiotics and sent her on her way. On our way home she felt so bad she was crying (she's not one to admit to illness or pain- avoids doctors for years) and we took her to the ER by my other sister's home in North Virginia.

Long story short she ended up staying in that hospital for over a month with a virulent infection. If we would have just gone home after leaving MB ER thinking she'd be okay if she just kept taking the antibiotics they gave her she would have probably died.

I still get so angry when I think about it. Sorry for the long O/T but since so many here do travel to MB I thought it was important.

Hi all!
I have been reading and keeping up but haven't had anything to add really. I know what some of you mean about having creepy feelings about those bridges. I get the same feeling every time I see a photo of the parking garages along Britt's last walk there in MB. This is due to a horrifying dream I had about Brittanee being abducted at a parking garage. I won't give any details about the dream but those photos of the parking garages give me chills!

On another note......Has there been any news about the remains that were recently found. How long does it take to identify remains? it's been a few weeks now hasn't it?

RoseC, mlatta, or anyone else from the area, have either of you heard any rumors lately from the local scene?

LLLindsayyy, Can you post a pic of pretty Britt for us when you have time. I know you are probably busy with midterms/spring break, etc. but I really miss you posting new pics for us.

We are still here Brittanee.....rockin and wishing you to be found soon:rocker:

keeping the faith......wm

l.jpg

Hi all,
New here and I live in Mt. Pleasant S.C. just down the road from these years of craziness. We spend a week in MB every year and have driven by that billboard of Brittanne many times wondering. After that T brother was arrested, I became obcessed wanting LE to do something. I have a daughter that is 6 months older than Brittanne and can't imagine the pain. Anyway, in all of my reading related to all of the girls in this part of the state that are missing, I see amazing connections all the way back to SM. A group has been operating here for a long time, and LE has not been successful at finding evidence to hold them. So, I read this yesterday and wondered if you guys/gals had seen it. To get the FULL picture, read ALL of the 64 comments posted. At the bottom of the page you'll have to click "more comments" until all 64 are displayed. See if you can guess who commenter black87 is, and please don't think all of us here in S.C. or the south in general feel the racism etc. Deep comments here...

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

Thanks, and prayers for Brit's family !

Hi all,
New here and I live in Mt. Pleasant S.C. just down the road from these years of craziness. We spend a week in MB every year and have driven by that billboard of Brittanne many times wondering. After that T brother was arrested, I became obcessed wanting LE to do something. I have a daughter that is 6 months older than Brittanne and can't imagine the pain. Anyway, in all of my reading related to all of the girls in this part of the state that are missing, I see amazing connections all the way back to SM. A group has been operating here for a long time, and LE has not been successful at finding evidence to hold them. So, I read this yesterday and wondered if you guys/gals had seen it. To get the FULL picture, read ALL of the 64 comments posted. At the bottom of the page you'll have to click "more comments" until all 64 are displayed. See if you can guess who commenter black87 is, and please don't think all of us here in S.C. or the south in general feel the racism etc. Deep comments here...

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

Thanks, and prayers for Brit's family !

:welcome:

Great first post. Hope you stick around... we love you locals!

I'm anxious to check out what you're talking about here so I'll get right on that as soon as I post this link:

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/unidentified-female-northern-charlotte-nc/

An update on the remains found. (At least I think it's an update...)

Sorry to be O/T but it's bumping the thread so maybe you won't mind... Strawberry, you mentioned your mother being ill and going to the ER (hope she's okay)...I know it wasn't the MB ER but that just reminded me...Don't ever go to that MB ER if you can avoid it.

We were leaving MB a few years ago and my sister felt very ill. They said she had a urinary infection, gave her antibiotics and sent her on her way. On our way home she felt so bad she was crying (she's not one to admit to illness or pain- avoids doctors for years) and we took her to the ER by my other sister's home in North Virginia.

Long story short she ended up staying in that hospital for over a month with a virulent infection. If we would have just gone home after leaving MB ER thinking she'd be okay if she just kept taking the antibiotics they gave her she would have probably died.

I still get so angry when I think about it. Sorry for the long O/T but since so many here do travel to MB I thought it was important.
Thank you, NosySW, she is much better now, but really glad that ordeal is over. I will remember what you say in your post and hopefully avoid that MB ER as I have heard it "ain't the greatest"!! What a nightmare for you and your sister. Glad she got help in northern VA though.

Hi Rochestergirl!!

No, these bridges are in two different areas and are vastly different bridges.

This is Strawberry's bridge....If I can understand her reporting.
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...29579-9410&cp=33.713493~-78.925846&FORM=MIRE1

My bridge is in Georgetown and is very near where CUE searched for Brittanee.
It's about an hour south of the other bridge:
Sign in to Yahoo!

Thank you, Krista. You are absolutely correct this is "my bridge". I have to say that it is sort of more out in the open and it would be harder for someone to get by with trying to get rid of a person that close to the highway that runs beside of the "old bridge" probably. Your bridge is definitely in a scary place. Thank you so much for posting the pictures and map.

Brittanee's on Nancy Grace again tonight repeat of last show but any media is good media

Discussing the Charlotte remains on Bethany Decker's thread and I remembered that it was discussed here. Has anyone heard anything new on this? I'm guessing they would have compared all of the known missing person's dental with this one before publishing. =( Praying for Brittanee

Discussing the Charlotte remains on Bethany Decker's thread and I remembered that it was discussed here. Has anyone heard anything new on this? I'm guessing they would have compared all of the known missing person's dental with this one before publishing. =( Praying for Brittanee

You are right, she will probably be someone we are not even aware of; how sad if no one has even provided dental records for whoever this woman/girl is.

I just saw this on my local news and came here to ask the same question. Thanks mlatta!

wm

First article implied that the fire covered 1,100 acres and was mostly extinguished... ummm

Size of wildfire more than doubles today
At least 2,600 acres burned, forestry firefighters preparing for five-day firefight

The S.C. Forestry Commission says more than 2,600 acres have been burned by the wildfire near the South Santee River. It's the largest fire in the commission's coastal district in ten years.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/mar/24/1100-acre-wildfire-rages/

(Not related to the fire - Today, I sent off another FoIA request... don't want to give any more info, I just thought I'd let you guys know I am still working on this)

Thanks so much mlatta. Are you thinking someone is trying to get rid of evidence?

First article implied that the fire covered 1,100 acres and was mostly extinguished... ummm

Size of wildfire more than doubles today
At least 2,600 acres burned, forestry firefighters preparing for five-day firefight

The S.C. Forestry Commission says more than 2,600 acres have been burned by the wildfire near the South Santee River. It's the largest fire in the commission's coastal district in ten years.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/mar/24/1100-acre-wildfire-rages/

(Not related to the fire - Today, I sent off another FoIA request... don't want to give any more info, I just thought I'd let you guys know I am still working on this)

I wonder if it is possible firefighters might find remains, while fighting the fire, or in the clean-up afterward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer