Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigation Discovery has a series called "Disappeared" and today they ran one on Brittanee. I'd forgotten that one of the kids who came back to Rochester hired a lawyer when he returned and that he and his friends had left at 2am the night Brit disappeared. He said one of the kids parents pressured their kid to return right away. I think this kid (I don't remember the name.) has a lot more information than he's letting out. I'm not convinced this kid has been adequately investigated. JMO

I don't know if they plan to run it again. I know they aren't today, but they probably will sometime.

BBM Me neither Steely. Not just the boys, but the girls she went to MB with too. PB was the only one named in MSM. Sleuths here vetted out the girls names, but they were never named by the media. Why is that? Why have they themselves never ever come out and said anything at all? It seems more than odd to me. My confidence in LE is nil at this point.

I have always thought the "friends" behaviors were suspicous. Why would you leave MB knowing a friend, that rode with you, was missing?? Wouldn't you want to help any way you could? I would be devastated.

I've been thinking about Moody being named a POI and the search photos from last Aug.

From what I understand it can be months before forensic results are completed. Since Moody was named a POI approx 6 months after the search, I just wonder if something was found that justified naming Moody publicly. I know that we all knew back in Aug that this guy was a POI or LE wouldn't have gone to the trouble to seach and tear that apt apart the way they did. I think LE needed confirmation of something suspicious found before they publically named him.

Whatever it was must have been enough to cast a veil of suspicion on Moody, but not enough to connect directly to Britt(or Crystal for that matter) or he would be in jail right now.

Hey, a gal can wish and hope right? MOO

Where are you Brittanee? I pray that 2012 is the year that you are found.

wm

I've been thinking about Moody being named a POI and the search photos from last Aug.

From what I understand it can be months before forensic results are completed. Since Moody was named a POI approx 6 months after the search, I just wonder if something was found that justified naming Moody publicly. I know that we all knew back in Aug that this guy was a POI or LE wouldn't have gone to the trouble to seach and tear that apt apart the way they did. I think LE needed confirmation of something suspicious found before they publically named him.

Whatever it was must have been enough to cast a veil of suspicion on Moody, but not enough to connect directly to Britt(or Crystal for that matter) or he would be in jail right now.

Hey, a gal can wish and hope right? MOO

Where are you Brittanee? I pray that 2012 is the year that you are found.

wm

That's exactly what I've been wondering also! The search of his apartment was done back in August, and we all can see from the photos that they literally tore that place apart, and they took a lot of things that were inside that apartment out for examination for DNA, or anything else. I read somewhere back in August when the apartment search began that there were some clothes hidden in a wall? I highly doubt it's true and that it's a rumor, because police have never confirmed any information even close to that. Unless a bystander was observing all the evidence they were bringing out, it's possible they could have spotted LE bringing out a pair of clothes as evidence, but LE has been so tight lipped about the entire situation, so I don't know how that person would have came to that conclusion.

I also read something about a mattress being sent off for testing- however, I don't really believe that either. You can clearly see in the pictures/videos that none of LE carried out a mattress. All I saw were many boxes and bags stacked on top of each other. But yes, Brittanee has been missing for such a substantial amount of time, the testing for DNA should have taken at least 6 months (if not more) to provide LE with answers as to whether any DNA was found or not, and if it was Brittanee's. I'm hoping that the tests were conclusive & that this will lead to some closure for her family/friends.

Looking back at that slideshow again, those blue stains are everywhere in that apartment!!! I'm assuming it's luminol? Its on the curtains, in the sink, on the mattress, just everywhere! & now I see in the pictures where the mattress is torn... and then there is the chunk of wallpaper removed from the bathroom.

AND on top of that, it's been said that RM has lived at Sunset Lodge 2-3 different times previously. The woman that was living in apartment 22 at the Sunset Lodge (RM's old room) was told she would have to move into another room when the apartment search began.. and I think that fact sticks out to me. I have a feeling that LE knows something or they have evidence that could poddibly tie RM to Brittanee, but it's not something solid enough for an arrest, which is truly heartbreaking

I hope LE is still gathering evidence. I would hate to see Brittanee's case go in with so many other never solved cases. I hate to second guess LE. I have no expertise in solving cases but sometimes I wonder if they keep too much information "close to the vest" when a little more transparency might give them more leads.

Sometimes people see something or know something and feel it is insignificant. Some might assume LE already knows about it. I believe press conferences with Q&A could be very helpful to LE. jmo

Hi, I live in the UK & just saw the Disappered program, I knew nothing about this case before but im really glad that theres so many people out there still posting & praying to find out the truth about what happened to this poor girl. My thoughts & prayers go out to her family & Brittanee, & all you posters keep up the good work!!

Hi, I live in the UK & just saw the Disappered program, I knew nothing about this case before but im really glad that theres so many people out there still posting & praying to find out the truth about what happened to this poor girl. My thoughts & prayers go out to her family & Brittanee, & all you posters keep up the good work!!

I hope we find out too! April 29th is right around the corner.. almost 3 years since she's disappeared. I hope & beg that they will have an answer for her family by then, if not sooner.

Speaking of the Disappeared program- I was watching it recently too. Do any of you recall the lead investigator of the case saying that "they had many different small tips/leads, and it was just 'a matter of time' before all the pieces came together"? I'm wondering what he meant by that. That interview was done sometime in May 2009, I believe, and in the same interview he confirmed there were (I believe) 3-4 persons of interest. I'm wondering exactly what "pieces" they have, or had at that time to make a statement like that. RM wasn't even confirmed to officially be a POI until a month ago, and they just now collected all that evidence from his apartment/duplex just a few months ago. Unless they considered him to be a POI way earlier in the investigation, I don't know what pieces of information they would have, or where/who they collected their evidence from..

Does anyone know if the Disappeared episode featuring Brit is available to view online anywhere? TIA

Heard on the news this morning there's going to be a tree planting here (Myrtle Beach) somewhere in the next few weeks. I plan on being there for sure. I'll post a link once I find it - I heard it on WMBF morning news today.

Bones Found in Area Searched for Brittanee Drexel
By: WROC-TV
Updated: March 26, 2012

News 8 has learned that bones have been found in Georgetown County, South Carolina in an area extensively searched in the case of missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel.

Read more...
http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext/?nxd_id=308972

Bones Found in Area Searched for Brittanee Drexel
By: WROC-TV
Updated: March 26, 2012

News 8 has learned that bones have been found in Georgetown County, South Carolina in an area extensively searched in the case of missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel.

Read more...
http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext/?nxd_id=308972

I hate to quote myself, but did anyone notice the mention of a bridge in this article? If I remember correctly the folks over on the forensic astrology board mentioned a metal structure and suggested a bridge. Odd.

The Sunset Lodge is very close to the ramp/sampit river. I think what shocks me is that If RM took and killed her, it would SEEM like his neighbors would have heard something. Georgetown is fairly rural in general, but in an apartment complex one would THINK that there would be far more possibilities of being seen/heard. Even the location of the bones....if these turn out to be hers....seems far more risky an area than the earlier discussed and searched rivers towards Charleston Co.

I hate to quote myself, but did anyone notice the mention of a bridge in this article? If I remember correctly the folks over on the forensic astrology board mentioned a metal structure and suggested a bridge. Odd.

Oh my goodness. They did mention that in the forensic astrology thread! I remember reading it & getting lost in the information of the bridges going into Charleston.

Brittanee <3

Where are you MLatta and Rosie... What are you all thinking about this right now?

I hope LE can process this fairly quickly and tell whether these bones are animal or human.

Prayers going up for Brittanee and her family!

This article implies they think it is animal bones

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Bones-found-at-boat-landing

Bones found at boat landing
Published Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:50 PM
Email Story
Printable Version
Discuss

County deputies and Deputy Coroner Paulette Radcliffe were called to the Carroll Campbell Boat Landing Sunday afternoon after some bones were discovered by some fishermen.

City Police Capt. Nelson Brown said the men were fishing in the Sampit River when the discovery was made.

He said there is a good possibility the bones are from an animal but out of the abundance of caution they will be sent to be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle