Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Brittanee!
Time has flown!
Thinking of you girl!
Prayers for her family today.

Saying an extra prayer for Brittanee and her family today. God help this family bring their daughter home. Relieve their pain and help answer their questions. Let justice be done and punish the person who took this young life.

Family, friends gather to remember missing teen Brittanee Drexel
Published: April 25, 2013

Snipped:

“The case is still open and active,” Myrtle Beach police Chief Warren Gall said. “We do get tips from time to time and we follow up on them accordingly. Unfortunately, none of these tips has helped us up to this point; however we will continue to look into more as they come in.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/04/25/3456104/family-friends-gather-to-remember.html

Picture from the MyrtleBeachOnline article:

Pwg4Aha.jpg

Lisa Hoffman (center) cries as she hugs Dawn Drexel and people plant purple Forget-Me-Not seeds on Thursday, April 25, 2013, in The Market Common. Drexel and others gather at the tree to mark the fourth year since her daughter Brittanee Marie Drexel was last seen leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009. The 17-year-old was on a spring break trip from her home Rochester, N.Y. Planting the first seeds with Drexel are Brittanee's friend Amber Antoine (left) of Kingston, Ontario. The tree was planted last year to mark Brittanee's 21st birthday.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/04/25/3456104/family-friends-gather-to-remember.html

sending extra prayers to her and her loved ones i hope this year changes things for her case and we get closer to finding her and bringing her home

Forget-me-nots planted to mark anniversary of Drexel's disappearance
by Lisa Edge
Posted: 04.25.2013 at 11:44 PM

Snipped:

While the Drexels have received a lot of community support, Dawn says there are people who don't understand why she just doesn't move on. "I don't pay attention to the negativity, because I know in my heart I'm not going to stop searching for Brittanee. And I don't really care what they say, because they don't live my life. They're not going through what I'm going through, so they don't know. They have no idea, and if it happened to them, you know, how would they feel if someone was going to say something like that to them?"

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=890104

This makes me so sad for Dawn; while she continues hope her ex mother in-law states no one believe Brittanee is alive.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Brittanee-Drexel/pL750x3VSE6IkLwbawAYlw.cspx

Here is another local story. Brittanee's step father held a ceremony at Charlotte Beach in Rochester

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/to...rk-anniversary-of-her-disappearance/?ap=1&MP4

After attending the vigil myself, the coverage that best captured what took place was Channel 10. Brittanee's Sister Myrissa held the event & actually ran it, surprising for a 15 year old. The entire event was friends & family talking about how they believe Britt is out there somwhere waiting to be saved. Myrissa called out the Rochester "friends", asked that they speak up. She also said she and her family believed that Britt was trafficked. I was shocked to see that the news media outlets didnt play the angle of Britts little sister keeping hope alive & making sure the public didnt forget she was missing, and that not one mentioned her call out to the "friends" or the trafficking subject.

Channel 13s coverage I thought was poor reporting. They in no way captured the event or the "families" opinions. There were people from both sides of the family there, a press release, both Myrissa & Chad spoke of hope, then the reporter takes a statement from Chads mother and considers it the entire family and the entire coverage of the vigil? I was glad that Channel 10 atleast included a few different statements and the overall feeling of the event. I hope that Britts family & friends don't pay any mind to channel 13 & keep the hope they had that night, it's what Britt needs.

http://gates-chili.whec.com/news/ne...ly-mark-anniversary-chili-teens-disappearance

Was anyone else there?

That really sucks to put it nicely. I wonder if they can go to a better reporter and clarify that is only 1 person; not the entire family. It reminds me of early on when Dawn was trying to get public attention to find Britt and Chad was telling everyone he believed she ran away. It stops people from looking for her.

After attending the vigil myself, the coverage that best captured what took place was Channel 10. Brittanee's Sister Myrissa held the event & actually ran it, surprising for a 15 year old. The entire event was friends & family talking about how they believe Britt is out there somwhere waiting to be saved. Myrissa called out the Rochester "friends", asked that they speak up. She also said she and her family believed that Britt was trafficked. I was shocked to see that the news media outlets didnt play the angle of Britts little sister keeping hope alive & making sure the public didnt forget she was missing, and that not one mentioned her call out to the "friends" or the trafficking subject.

Channel 13s coverage I thought was poor reporting. They in no way captured the event or the "families" opinions. There were people from both sides of the family there, a press release, both Myrissa & Chad spoke of hope, then the reporter takes a statement from Chads mother and considers it the entire family and the entire coverage of the vigil? I was glad that Channel 10 atleast included a few different statements and the overall feeling of the event. I hope that Britts family & friends don't pay any mind to channel 13 & keep the hope they had that night, it's what Britt needs.

http://gates-chili.whec.com/news/ne...ly-mark-anniversary-chili-teens-disappearance

Was anyone else there?

I also can't believe there's nothing new :/

I grew up in (and still live in) Rochester. I've been on this site a few months now and it JUST occurred to me today to read Brittanee's threads here.

I'm glad people still care. I don't know the family at all, but Chad Drexel came into my store a few times in 2009 after she disappeared and he always looked so defeated. It's always stuck with me.

Glad to see another local here. I don't know them either but my heart breaks for them.

I also can't believe there's nothing new :/

I grew up in (and still live in) Rochester. I've been on this site a few months now and it JUST occurred to me today to read Brittanee's threads here.

I'm glad people still care. I don't know the family at all, but Chad Drexel came into my store a few times in 2009 after she disappeared and he always looked so defeated. It's always stuck with me.

BBM; I can't believe people would say to a mother of a missing child; why don't you just move on. Thoughtless, mean, and no empathy. Could anyone just move on not knowing what happened. I know I couldn't.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?list=195106&id=890104

"This is where the answers lie. This is where it started. South Carolina holds the key to where Brittanee Drexel is, so it's important for the parents and family members to keep hope alive by continuing to get the word out and reminding people to please call the proper numbers and get that information to law enforcement," said Monica Caison, with CUE. "Nothing is ever the same. They can't begin to heal until they get their loved one back, and that's as simple as it gets."

While the Drexels have received a lot of community support, Dawn says there are people who don't understand why she just doesn't move on. "I don't pay attention to the negativity, because I know in my heart I'm not going to stop searching for Brittanee. And I don't really care what they say, because they don't live my life. They're not going through what I'm going through, so they don't know. They have no idea, and if it happened to them, you know, how would they feel if someone was going to say something like that to them?"Dawn added she misses her daughter's smile and joking around with her. Her family also held a candlelight vigil in Rochester, New York, their hometown

Glad to see another local here. I don't know them either but my heart breaks for them.

Me too. I just went back and watched the Disappeared episode after posting earlier. It really amazes me how this forum is always so on top of things more so than the media much of the time.

its so sad that someone would actually expect for Dawn to "move on" without knowing where her daughter is...what parent could? sad there are ppl out there that would even think such a thing much less say it! I am glad Britt's sister actually called out the "friends" maybe at the very least it will cause them to respond and possibly say something that could be useful in finding Britt...(i know it's a long shot but we can always hope) i just keep hoping soon something will come up and help locate her or at least get closer to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23