Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
its so sad that someone would actually expect for Dawn to "move on" without knowing where her daughter is...what parent could? sad there are ppl out there that would even think such a thing much less say it! I am glad Britt's sister actually called out the "friends" maybe at the very least it will cause them to respond and possibly say something that could be useful in finding Britt...(i know it's a long shot but we can always hope) i just keep hoping soon something will come up and help locate her or at least get closer to it

Some people have nothing better to do than to cause problems with others for fun. Most of them probably could care less one way or the other, ESPECIALLY ONLINE. So they post something mean like that, and move on like nothing happened, not realizing what effects their words can have on others.

Being a parent myself, I couldn't imagine, and thank god for that. I don't WANT to imagine. But this case has always been one that struck me as just sad, and scary. I hope her family is ok, and hopefully she is, too.

But seriously, no need for the hate people (Not saying you whom I quoted just saying in general)

Seeing all of the news reports that have been released recently regarding the three Cleveland women that were captured for 10 years often makes me think about Brittanee. There are some sick people in this world.. Just thinking of what these women went through literally brings tears to my eyes and makes me sick to my stomach. No one should ever have to experience such awful events.

What makes me even more angry is the fact that instances on multiple occasions in which the police were notified of incidents going on there at the home.. A neighbor called LE to notify them that there was a naked woman out on the front lawn!! So my question is this: who dropped the ball on this one? Those women should have been saved long before now. Same with Jaycee Dugard- time after time the cops were notified of suspicious activity occurring surrounding this house. Phillip Garido's parole officer visited his residence for a "routine check-up" just NINE days after he abducted Jaycee, yet he reports searching the entire property and "saw nothing out of the ordinary"... Really? You missed the makeshift dungeon covered by a tarp right there in the back yard?? They missed it another 67 times after that. 67 "routine checkups" were utilized over this 18 year period, and nothing was done.

Stuff like this is what worries me, especially when it comes to Brittanee's case. I know that majority of the law enforcement agencies DO follow procedures properly, and a lot of times they aren't fortunate enough to be able save people in the same position as Jaycee, Elizabeth Smart or the Cleveland women.. Even though they have done everything in their power to find them safe. But every now and then, we get to witness a miracle and see these individuals return home to their families where they belong. However, there is still this small percentage of Law Enforcement officials that overlook evidence or tips that are dangling right in front of their faces. IMO, its careless mistakes like these that are becoming more and more common every day.. I mean, it could potentially cost someone their life!

I certainly hope that this isn't the case with Brittanee, and that the tips and other evidence acquired have been taken seriously and followed up on. Even if it turns out to be a dead lead, at least they tried. Both of her parents have said they don't believe the police are handling the investigation to the best of their ability. It's possible that they are working leads and just keeping hush on the information they may have. But IMO, no news is never 'good' news'. There hasn't been any searches done lately, we've received no updates on her case.. It just worries me. If she is alive and being held against her will, I hope it doesn't take them 10+ years to find her. If she's no longer alive, I hope someone will come forward soon and reveal answers, rather than watching Brittanee's loved ones suffer miserably for the years to come.

Was a private investigator ever hired in Brittanee's case. There have been alot of cases where that has made the difference. Early on I remember DD saying she was trying to hire one...then didn't hear any more about it.

Seeing all of the news reports that have been released recently regarding the three Cleveland women that were captured for 10 years often makes me think about Brittanee. There are some sick people in this world.. Just thinking of what these women went through literally brings tears to my eyes and makes me sick to my stomach. No one should ever have to experience such awful events.

What makes me even more angry is the fact that instances on multiple occasions in which the police were notified of incidents going on there at the home.. A neighbor called LE to notify them that there was a naked woman out on the front lawn!! So my question is this: who dropped the ball on this one? Those women should have been saved long before now. Same with Jaycee Dugard- time after time the cops were notified of suspicious activity occurring surrounding this house. Phillip Garido's parole officer visited his residence for a "routine check-up" just NINE days after he abducted Jaycee, yet he reports searching the entire property and "saw nothing out of the ordinary"... Really? You missed the makeshift dungeon covered by a tarp right there in the back yard?? They missed it another 67 times after that. 67 "routine checkups" were utilized over this 18 year period, and nothing was done.

Stuff like this is what worries me, especially when it comes to Brittanee's case. I know that majority of the law enforcement agencies DO follow procedures properly, and a lot of times they aren't fortunate enough to be able save people in the same position as Jaycee, Elizabeth Smart or the Cleveland women.. Even though they have done everything in their power to find them safe. But every now and then, we get to witness a miracle and see these individuals return home to their families where they belong. However, there is still this small percentage of Law Enforcement officials that overlook evidence or tips that are dangling right in front of their faces. IMO, its careless mistakes like these that are becoming more and more common every day.. I mean, it could potentially cost someone their life!

I certainly hope that this isn't the case with Brittanee, and that the tips and other evidence acquired have been taken seriously and followed up on. Even if it turns out to be a dead lead, at least they tried. Both of her parents have said they don't believe the police are handling the investigation to the best of their ability. It's possible that they are working leads and just keeping hush on the information they may have. But IMO, no news is never 'good' news'. There hasn't been any searches done lately, we've received no updates on her case.. It just worries me. If she is alive and being held against her will, I hope it doesn't take them 10+ years to find her. If she's no longer alive, I hope someone will come forward soon and reveal answers, rather than watching Brittanee's loved ones suffer miserably for the years to come.

I do recall talk of her hiring a PI to take on Brittanee's case early in the investigation. From what I've gathered by reading user comments from news articles online and topix.com, it seems as though there is more gossip rather than factual statements when it comes to this topic of discussion. Many people claim that multiple fund-raisers were held solely for DD hiring a PI- the same individuals claim that a PI was never actually hired and that the money raised was spent elsewhere. IMO, I don't believe there is any truth to these claims.. Just idiotic people spreading rumors. However, IIRC, in early April of this year right before the anniversary, I THINK I read a post directly from mr. Drexel's Facebook that stated they would be searching and following up on a lead when going back to MB for the anniversary. I think I saw him mention something about a PI, but I could be wrong. It kind of threw me off though, because ultimately he ended up staying home in NY and attended the vigil in Rochester that her little sister hosted.

Isn't there supposedly a new cold case team in SC that were hired? I wonder if anything has come of that... I never heard anything else about it... Just like everything else in this case.

I agree alot of petty nonsense went on and really mean comments to DD when Britt first went missing. From what I can tell those people who did that really hurt the investigation and caused the public to be less supportive. I for one was embarrassed that the Rochester community treated this family like this;when another state (SC) reached out to the Drexels. I recall their was a missing person in SC (lady can't remember the name) where the family hired a PI and her body was located on one of the islands. I wonder if that PI is available. I also wonder if some of the wealthier Rochesterians like Gollisano would consider donating to this cause. But maybe he only will donate when his name goes on a building LOL.

I do recall talk of her hiring a PI to take on Brittanee's case early in the investigation. From what I've gathered by reading user comments from news articles online and topix.com, it seems as though there is more gossip rather than factual statements when it comes to this topic of discussion. Many people claim that multiple fund-raisers were held solely for DD hiring a PI- the same individuals claim that a PI was never actually hired and that the money raised was spent elsewhere. IMO, I don't believe there is any truth to these claims.. Just idiotic people spreading rumors. However, IIRC, in early April of this year right before the anniversary, I THINK I read a post directly from mr. Drexel's Facebook that stated they would be searching and following up on a lead when going back to MB for the anniversary. I think I saw him mention something about a PI, but I could be wrong. It kind of threw me off though, because ultimately he ended up staying home in NY and attended the vigil in Rochester that her little sister hosted.

Isn't there supposedly a new cold case team in SC that were hired? I wonder if anything has come of that... I never heard anything else about it... Just like everything else in this case.

After seeing this on disappeared I was pretty much of the opinion that this was a stranger abduction but after reading through numerous pages of this thread I have begun to wonder about the friends but I guess maybe they could just be bunch of horrible people and that's all. One thing I would like to know and I may of missed this earlier so it someone could point me where to look that would be great but with regards to the last area where the phone pinged just how easy was this to access/find I am asking this because if seems that from what I have read its not somewhere I would expect either group to know about if they were involved - I seem to remember something about it been at least the opposite way from where Brittanee and the girls travelled from. Is it possible any of the group could of been in that area before this is what is leading me to think it was someone with local knowledge of that area.

After seeing this on disappeared I was pretty much of the opinion that this was a stranger abduction but after reading through numerous pages of this thread I have begun to wonder about the friends but I guess maybe they could just be bunch of horrible people and that's all. One thing I would like to know and I may of missed this earlier so it someone could point me where to look that would be great but with regards to the last area where the phone pinged just how easy was this to access/find I am asking this because if seems that from what I have read its not somewhere I would expect either group to know about if they were involved - I seem to remember something about it been at least the opposite way from where Brittanee and the girls travelled from. Is it possible any of the group could of been in that area before this is what is leading me to think it was someone with local knowledge of that area.

:seeya: welcome!! :)

Within 5-10 mins of Brittanee leaving Peter's hotel to return to her own, her phone began pinging the opposite direction she should have been travelling, ultimately passing through Surfside beach which is roughly 7 miles south of Myrtle Beach. Within 45 minutes of her last outbound text she sent to her boyfriend, her phone was pinging in the Georgetown county/general McClellanville area around pole yard boat landing (the swamp), and its my understanding that her phone stayed in this area until the early morning hours of Sunday, 4/26/09. This was the last activity on her phone. So either the phone died due to all the frantic incoming calls (from her mother, boyfriend, etc), or it was tossed randomly in the swamp area after she disappeared.

Analyzing the information mentioned above, it's absolutely possible a stranger snatched her. Last text was sent around 8:48, and almost immediately her phone begins pinging southbound with no further activity. She was on her phone constantly- so if she ran into someone she knew, I'm sure she would have felt comfortable enough to continue texting her boyfriend.. But if a stranger got her, they would have taken her phone from her, I'm sure, which would explain the halt in communication on her part.

Some of the group was familiar with the MB area. The girl that Brittanee borrowed the shorts from had actually lived in South Carolina less than two years before. Also, 2-3 of the boys in the group (not Peters friends) had went to myrtle beach on Spring Break the year before as well (2008). It's safe to say that they were familiar with the MB area, but I doubt they knew anything about Georgetown.

this case just drive me crazy.. i wish some new information would come out or something i feel like it should be easy to solve but there are just so many twist and turns that something is being over looked

John Walters and Perkins Grant often make the hour trip from Georgetown to Charleston to search for glass and other artifacts on Drum Island.

On Sunday, however, that search took a turn they had only joked about previously -- finding human remains.

"There's no doubt, I mean you know right away when you look at it, when you hold it, that it's a human jaw bone. There is no question," Walters said.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/22575909/glass-hunters-hope-discovered-jaw-bone-will-lead-to-closure

Could this be Brittanee?

John Walters and Perkins Grant often make the hour trip from Georgetown to Charleston to search for glass and other artifacts on Drum Island.

On Sunday, however, that search took a turn they had only joked about previously -- finding human remains.

"There's no doubt, I mean you know right away when you look at it, when you hold it, that it's a human jaw bone. There is no question," Walters said.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/22575909/glass-hunters-hope-discovered-jaw-bone-will-lead-to-closure

Could this be Brittanee?

Why did they have to publish the photo of the jaw bone? That is just so insensitive to the family of that poor soul, whoever it is.

I really hope it isn't Brittanee, she was such a beautiful girl. If it is her, I'd hate for her parents to have this image in their minds when they think of their daughter.

Yes that is incredibly insensitive.

But I do hope this man's find brings a family closure.

Could this be Brittanee?

I suppose it will take a few weeks to get the DNA test results. Looks like the third molar. I wonder if BD still had hers. I don't see any kind of dental work.

I actually hope it is her. Does anyone know where Drum Island is? must be close since these 2 said it was in there area Brittanee went missing.

Grant said in the days since he made the discovery he's thought of one specific missing person.

"I was thinking Brittanee Drexel, the very first thing that came to my mind. In a way, I hope it's not her. Then in a way I hope it could be possibly her," said Grant.

Grant said Drexel went missing from their area and that's why he thought of her. He hopes the jaw bone will bring someone answers.

"There's families out there that needs closure for missing persons," said Grant.

Sign In or Sign Up for an account.CommentsFacebookTwitter.What do you think?
Terms of Use: We welcome your participation in our community. Notify us of any inappropriate comments by clicking the "Flag" link. You must be at least 13 years of age to post comments. By submitting a comment, you agree to these Terms of Service.Showing 0 commentsSort By Newest FirstOldest FirstHighest Rated
Be the first to comment

Not sure if this will workbut I did a google map from Blue Water Resort to Drum Island Straight line path and it goes down 17 the way Brittanee's phone traveled.

embed

Never mind can't get link to work

Drum_Island_zps5adc023c.jpg

Drum Island is near Charleston, SC which is a hour drive south of Georgetown, SC. Yeah it does look like Highway 17 goes right over it.

Hopefully this pic comes out. blue water to Drum Island. Straight line and goes through Francis Marion

picture.php

I see a bridge in your map right over the island. This makes me think of the early psychic read on here and other sites how they said Britt was near a bridge. I just pray the nightmare ends for the Drexel family. :please:

Drum_Island_zps5adc023c.jpg

Drum Island is near Charleston, SC which is a hour drive south of Georgetown, SC. Yeah it does look like Highway 17 goes right to it.

It said that it will take about a week to determine gender.. And what do you know, I'm going to myrtle beach in one week.

Either way it goes, it's hard to focus on any kind of positive outcome. Every time we hear someone around that area in SC has been found, I think we all immediately think of Brittanee, as well as her family and loved ones do, wondering if this is finally it. Miracles happen & there's always hope that she'll return home safe, but the chances are slim. If its not Brittanee, it IS someone else's loved one.. Another family's heartbreak. But if it is Brittanee, its been four long years, its time for closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong