Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, today is the 9 year anniversary since our Britt was taken. Pray that another year does not go by without resolution. I live in Charleston, SC. McVl is just down the road and I drive through it regularly. I think of her every time I go through there.

‘We need justice for Brittanee:’ Vigil to mark nine years since Drexel’s disappearance
April 24, 2018

Snipped:

For Wagner, it’s a struggle to accept the FBI’s belief that her granddaughter is dead.

"I don't have that closure or anything. My daughter may feel differently than I do, but we have no body, we have no purse, we have no cellphone,” Wagner said. “It's just on hearsay, so I really don't know.”

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/38032...o-mark-nine-years-since-drexels-disappearance

Another article on TT firing his attorneys:

Man named in Drexel disappearance wants new attorney before sentencing on unrelated case
By Patrick Phillips, Digital Content Manager
By Harve Jacobs, Reporter

Snipped:

The man who pleaded guilty to a charge some say was a ploy to force him to give information on an unrelated missing person case can switch attorneys, a judge ruled.

and

"He was in third period class in Lincoln High School the day that jailhouse rat says he was in this trap house in the middle of McClellanville, they know that is not correct," Peper said.

Taylor's mother, Joan, also said school records tell you "there in black and white" that her son was in school and did not leave school that day.

"Going back and forth to court, hearing the words of the FBI agent, the reason [Taylor] is being charged again for this robbery is that they feel he knows something about [the Drexel] case," she said.

http://www.live5news.com/story/3800...-attorney-before-sentencing-on-unrelated-case

Good question... I wonder how you could find out if they were on Spring Break that week?

Spring break is the first full week of April. Our spring break coincides with Masters week but seems like spring break for Brittanee and Company was last week in April, of course I am probably incorrect. lol

Spring break is the first full week of April. Our spring break coincides with Masters week but seems like spring break for Brittanee and Company was last week in April, of course I am probably incorrect. lol
I live in central N.Y.. our spring break is the third week in April. Brittanee's would be the same.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, today is the 9 year anniversary since our Britt was taken. Pray that another year does not go by without resolution. I live in Charleston, SC. McVl is just down the road and I drive through it regularly. I think of her every time I go through there.

Kmilller , I live in MT, Pleasant and hope that something happens. That McDonalds that TSD robbed is right by the Walmart that I frequent shop.

Is it the Wal Mart further down 17? Not the Wando Crossing Wal Mart? I drove through McClellanville yesterday. I had to pull off on a side road to fix the straps on my son’s car seat and my heart was hammering. 17 is fine but those side roads are rural and knowing what happened to Britt, I could not help but feel a presence of menace. I think I saw Shaun’s tow truck as well.

I have only been to Myrtle Beach twice since Brittanee's disappearance. Used to go there at least every other year. I am 65 now and my first trip there was in 1968. We live a few hours away in Virginia. Not sure I have ever driven through mcclellanville but in the 1990s I was trying to take my niece to go shopping and we wound up in a rather shady looking place. I did not feel comfortable so back to the hotel we were staying in we went. Never ventured out away from our hotel without my sister or husband with us after that. It seemed to change once places like Barefoot Landing and major entertainment industry made it necessary to go further away from the beach. Used to walk to amusements and beach wear shops and restaurants like Peach's for lunch. Sad how it has changed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is it the Wal Mart further down 17? Not the Wando Crossing Wal Mart? I drove through McClellanville yesterday. I had to pull off on a side road to fix the straps on my son’s car seat and my heart was hammering. 17 is fine but those side roads are rural and knowing what happened to Britt, I could not help but feel a presence of menace. I think I saw Shaun’s tow truck as well.

It is newest one on 17 just past hwy 41.

I know that area well,l i have driven passed ST house and down the street by their mobile home on Old Collins. I have seen him and several others. I also know where the stash House is , just around the corner.

I know exactly what you mean. I travel through McClellanville very often on the way to Charleston and BD is always on my mind. Very dark, threatening feeling around that location.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

McClellanville is really a nice place ,it's that South Santee just north is the shady part

That’s true. McClellanville is nice. I’ve gone to TW Graham’s for lunch and that place is wonderful. It’s South Santee, as you said.

Some things that have gone through my head recently: did they sit at home and just decide they would drive up to MB to abduct a girl that night? Britt would have been vulnerable since she was petite and more than likely texting on her phone as she walked back. The other thing I think about is the fact that they killed her because she tried to escape and her disappearance received too much attention. Maybe some of their past victims did not receive such attention but how could you not expect a missing teen to command such attention? This T family needs to go away. For good.

Some things that have gone through my head recently: did they sit at home and just decide they would drive up to MB to abduct a girl that night? Britt would have been vulnerable since she was petite and more than likely texting on her phone as she walked back. The other thing I think about is the fact that they killed her because she tried to escape and her disappearance received too much attention. Maybe some of their past victims did not receive such attention but how could you not expect a missing teen to command such attention? This T family needs to go away. For good.

Just speculating here but I think to some extent they did plan this; I doubt they went to MB to do some shopping or whatever and just made a snap decision to abduct BD when they saw her.

However, I think their initial plans changed when this quickly gain attention in local and then national media. At first they probably thought she was local girl who wouldn't garner much attention, not a girl from NY who happened to be there for Spring Break.

Maybe they weren't planning on killing her at first but once it became front page news it likely changed the situation. I doubt she was killed solely because she tried to escape; she was seen as a liability and it was only a matter of time unfortunately.

I think her attempted escape escalated her death. I agree that it unfortunately was inevitable.

What I cannot get over is whether she was local or not, her disappearance was going to get attention. Heather Elvis disappeared from Myrtle Beach in 2013. Different circumstances, but this also made national headlines. I just can’t believe the T family would think they could take anyone and not have the missing person’s family/friends looking for them.

I think her attempted escape escalated her death. I agree that it unfortunately was inevitable.

What I cannot get over is whether she was local or not, her disappearance was going to get attention. Heather Elvis disappeared from Myrtle Beach in 2013. Different circumstances, but this also made national headlines. I just can’t believe the T family would think they could take anyone and not have the missing person’s family/friends looking for them.

I think they have done way more and think they are untouchable !

You are likely correct and in 2009, this was even less likely to be something that worried this family. They’d been getting away with this sort of behavior.

Didn't some of the people Brittanee came with behave strangely? Like they took off at 2:00 in the morning and one guy was alleging talking about sex trafficking her for a drug debt?

The boys left at 02:00. I don’t really think they had any involvement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member