Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...The inconsistencies are concerning because they damage his credibility. I wonder if it's true he was offered no deals in exchange for his testimony.

If they can find that other guy that he claimed witnessed the murder with him (assuming he does actually exist) they might be able to make some more real progress.

I wonder who they would have allegedly shot and rolled up in that rug the first time.

And the cops should check that wooded area. Just to be thorough.
I tend to believe most of what he claims. He has little reason to lie, and lying about it actually puts him in extreme danger. He isn't being offered a plea deal. So I think he is being basically truthful. Unfortunately, he makes a terrible witness because of other credibility issues. I also think he isn't being offered a deal because FBI thinks he is far more involved than he is saying.

As for the question of who could have been in the rolled up rug, I would say it very likely could have been Brittanee's predecessor. This group of animals likely is doing this regularly. Kidnap a girl, keep her for a while, get rid of her after they get the next one. So I would be interested, did a girl or woman go missing around the time that Brittanee was allegedly shot in the forest with the shotgun?

Last edited:
This is so heartbreaking to think of what that poor girl went through at the hands of those animals!!:( My heart just aches for her family having to think about that! As bad as it may seem to say, sometimes it is better if the victim is killed quickly...What we are hearing is the worst scenario possible! What scum of the earth that gang is!!

Wow! Been a while since I posted. I think some things are coming together. If I recall Taylor was at a party on Edisto with family when B was abducted.
Jacksonboro is very close to edisto. Does anyone kkow hermans last name. Taylor had an uncle that was on a tugboat,retired and lived in edisto. I actually looked it up one day. I also remember DT talking about getting his car fixed in edisto. I need to go back through my notes.

I found it .In the Dr. Phil interview on you tube . DT says he was at a block party on Edisto Island at his cousins. I hope the FBI will shift the investigation to this area. This area is very similiar to McClellanville, but not as uninhabited. Meaning there are plenty of more people to check out.

Yes, he supposedly passed a polygraph. If accurate, Brittanee’s torture lasted weeks longer than we thought. Also, if this new account of her death is true, I would say it’s possible, even likely, that Brittanee is buried on that property. IMO they wouldn’t walk Brittanee out into a wooded area with a shotgun unless they intended on burying her there.

Perhaps there are locals here that can give insights into the topography in this new area? Are there similar gator-infested ponds? Or does this new information now make the “fed to gators” part of the story less likely?
Well, there are plenty of wild hogs in this area.

I tend to believe most of what he claims. He has little reason to lie, and lying about it actually puts him in extreme danger. He isn't being offered a plea deal. So I think he is being basically truthful. Unfortunately, he makes a terrible witness because of other credibility issues. I also think he isn't being offered a deal because FBI thinks he is far more involved than he is saying.

As for the question of who could have been in the rolled up rug, I would say it very likely could have been Brittanee's predecessor. This group of animals likely is doing this regularly. Kidnap a girl, keep her for a while, get rid of her after they get the next one. So I would be interested, did a girl or woman go missing around the time that Brittanee was allegedly shot in the forest with the shotgun?

BBM. Brown is very consistent with his description of what happened at the stash house in South Santee. Someone died there that day, shot to death by ST, wrapped up (in a rug, we now know) and taken away. I agree with you that this suggests there was another girl there. Someone who was probably in the same dire situation as Brittanee, and who, just maybe, tried to help Brittanee escape. From Brown's account, something allowed Brittanee to break free momentarily and run from the house. Sadly, we know that attempt was in vain, and she was quickly run down, beaten and brought back inside. It was then that the two shots supposedly rang out. Previously, we were led to believe those shots killed Brittanee. It never made sense to me why they would bring her back inside to shoot her. Its not like the good people of South Santee were going to do anything; they, like Taquan Brown, were too busy "minding their own business." In light of this new information, I realize that Brittanee was brought back inside and forced to watch as the other girl was murdered in front of her. The evil and cruelty of these people literally knows no bounds.

Um, there is a picture on a Facebook Group that has to do with Sex Trafficking Nationwide that has a picture of one of the group associated with Bittanee Drexel. I guess that is all I can say? They are looking for more information on the picture :eek:

Thanks for posting this. I saw that post, but wasn’t sure about mentioning it here. Hopefully a guy with those distinctive arm tattoos won’t be that tough to track down. And I wonder if anyone can identify that logo on his cap? It looks like something corporate but I don’t recognize it. Maybe something local?

Apparently Brown is fearful for his safety, and claims that a bounty has been put on his head:

Suit filed by informant in Britanee Drexel disappearance

If this is true, it shows just how much of an organized crime element exists within the T family, and their extended family. Front businesses, etc. I've maintained since they came up as POI's in this case that the tow business is a front, same for others within their family and extended family.

I honestly hope they keep him safe. He is the only hope right now and I don't think he has anything to gain by lying

I’m definitely conflicted about providing leniency deals or extra security for Taquan Brown. I agree he seems to be the most valuable source of information LE has, and it appears the information he has provided has moved the case well beyond whatever the local LE had back in 2009 and 2010. I understand giving some criminals “deals” is, sadly, a necessary part of our justice system, and I think the FBI probably did unnecessarily endanger Brown and his family by releasing his name.

However, the fact that he was there to witness Brittanee’s abuse on so many occasions suggests Brown is not just a bystander in these crimes. Let’s not forget he’s doing 25 years for manslaughter. It was supposedly his cousin who held Brittanee for weeks after she was moved from South Santee. IMO there’s a distinct chance Brown actually participated in these depraved acts. At a minimum his callous disregard for Brittanee contributed to her eventual death. Had he called authorities when he claims he first saw her in South Santee on Monday Apr 27, she would’ve been saved and she wouldn’t have been subjected to the weeks of inhuman treatment that followed. Obviously she would’ve been deeply traumatized by almost two days of torment to that point, but she would’ve had a chance to live her life. Instead, he chose to “mind his own business” and she was doomed.

We may be grateful for Brown’s information if it actually leads to anything resembling justice, but he’s not a good guy in this story, and he’s definitely not a victim. JMO.

https://www.wbtw.com/crime/grand-st...ttanee-drexel-murder-investigation/1814724154

Jail informant who linked Timothy Taylor to disappearance of Brittanee Drexel files lawsuit

Some additional timeline information in these two articles.

Remember, Brown had been sentanced to 25 yrs for manslaughter in June 2015. Supposedly Brown received a phone call, possibly from Shawn Taylor, in mid Feb 2016 during which threats were made on Brown’s life, as well as his mother’s, supposedly in relation to the Drexel investigation. Brown was then interviewed by LE about Brittanee’s case in April 2016. Presumably this is when he first told his “stash house” story. By July 2016, Brown had decided he wanted nothing to do with the Drexel investigation and wanted to “null and void his previous agreement and testimony.” However, in late Aug 2016 FBI agent Munoz testified in the Dashaun Taylor trial and mentioned Brown by name while describing the horrific details that were subsequently widely reported and threw this case back into a national spotlight.

These articles also claim the FBI and state LE offered two inmates $25K in late October 2018 to gather information from Taquan Brown. Supposedly one by the name of Timothy Rainey reported back that it was Brown who was responsible for the abduction, rape and murder of Brittanee Drexel.

These details make it appear the only reason Brown came forward was for his own self interest, and he never really cared about getting justice for Brittanee. Now that he’s got a bounty on his head he needs to make a decision: either he goes all in and tells LE everything he knows in the hopes that those responsible get arrested, and he and his mother get protection, or he changes his story by talking to the press and adding false information about his dead cousin and other conveniently deceased witnesses with the intent of undermining the ongoing investigation of the Taylors and, perhaps, getting them to drop the bounty on his head while he serves out his time.

It appears Brown stopped communicating with LE a while ago, and the FBI felt inclined to determine for themselves what Brown’s role in Brittanee’s case was, so they enticed fellow inmates to gather information. That information supposedly puts Brown very much in the middle of the events that decided Brittanee’s fate. But then, if it’s Brown that is primarily responsible, why would ST feel the need to make threats against him and his mother?

Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:
But then why come out like that and put other people's names on the table - people who are dangerous and who possibly want to kill him now? Risking one's life for that? I mean, I suppose anything is possible, but...

Sorry, didn't see this earlier.

One possibility is that if he was more involved than he says, he's trying to direct attention away from himself. If he's in for 25 years for manslaughter, he can figure he'll eventually get out. If he's convicted of murdering Brittanee, the death penalty might be on the table.

Inmate files lawsuit related to Brittanee Drexel murder investigation

Jail informant who linked Timothy Taylor to disappearance of Brittanee Drexel files lawsuit

Some additional timeline information in these two articles.

Remember, Brown had been sentanced to 25 yrs for manslaughter in June 2015. Supposedly Brown received a phone call, possibly from Shawn Taylor, in mid Feb 2016 during which threats were made on Brown’s life, as well as his mother’s, supposedly in relation to the Drexel investigation. Brown was then interviewed by LE about Brittanee’s case in April 2016. Presumably this is when he first told his “stash house” story. By July 2016, Brown had decided he wanted nothing to do with the Drexel investigation and wanted to “null and void his previous agreement and testimony.” However, in late Aug 2016 FBI agent Munoz testified in the Dashaun Taylor trial and mentioned Brown by name while describing the horrific details that were subsequently widely reported and threw this case back into a national spotlight.

These articles also claim the FBI and state LE offered two inmates $25K in late October 2018 to gather information from Taquan Brown. Supposedly one by the name of Timothy Rainey reported back that it was Brown who was responsible for the abduction, rape and murder of Brittanee Drexel.

These details make it appear the only reason Brown came forward was for his own self interest, and he never really cared about getting justice for Brittanee. Now that he’s got a bounty on his head he needs to make a decision: either he goes all in and tells LE everything he knows in the hopes that those responsible get arrested, and he and his mother get protection, or he changes his story by talking to the press and adding false information about his dead cousin and other conveniently deceased witnesses with the intent of undermining the ongoing investigation of the Taylors and, perhaps, getting them to drop the bounty on his head while he serves out his time.

It appears Brown stopped communicating with LE a while ago, and the FBI felt inclined to determine for themselves what Brown’s role in Brittanee’s case was, so they enticed fellow inmates to gather information. That information supposedly puts Brown very much in the middle of the events that decided Brittanee’s fate. But then, if it’s Brown that is primarily responsible, why would ST feel the need to make threats against him and his mother?

Just thinking out loud...
if they are making threats it tells me he was there , he was more than likely involved , or not who knows but if he was and he is singing , he is the most likely to testify if needed too I'm sure he NEVER gave a crap about Brit and at this point none of that matters , I just want info , no matter who or how it comes I don't care , just as long as someone is talking because that's ALL there is right now .

if they are making threats it tells me he was there , he was more than likely involved , or not who knows but if he was and he is singing , he is the most likely to testify if needed too I'm sure he NEVER gave a crap about Brit and at this point none of that matters , I just want info , no matter who or how it comes I don't care , just as long as someone is talking because that's ALL there is right now .

Judge denies jail informant’s request for lawyer after filling lawsuit tied to Brittanee Drexel disappearance

I agree with you; we all want information and answers. But at this point one of those answers we need is what Taquan Brown’s role was. Everything we think we know of what transpired after Brittanee was abducted comes from this one guy, so I would argue it does matter what his motivations were when he decided to sit down with the FBI and tell what he knew in 2016. If Brown is feeling so threatened and vulnerable, why is he engaging with a journalist and publicly revealing his revised version of the stash house story, plus adding a second chapter which doesn’t involve the Taylors at all? Seems to me he’s just implicating even more people who can now be out to get him. Of course, most of those new suspects can’t actually be identified because, just like with his McClellanville story, Brown doesn’t seem to know anyone’s “government” name. As far as being a prosecution witness, Brown doesn’t currently appear to be willing to help, and he can’t be compelled to testify even if we do get to trial someday. The FBI’s willingness to expose Brown’s identify and their use of other inmates to try to extract more information from him, makes me think they view him less as a potential witness and more as a suspect. JMO.

this case always fascinated me but it makes me sad as well

its been a very long time and i check back in on it from time to time for updates, we've luckily had a few in the last year or so

but what makes me sad is i think of all the things iv done in the time since she went missing, those are things she probably missed out on too

i really want to see closure in this case and i hope we are getting close now, i always felt her friends held a lot of responsibility in this case and should have been charged in some degree friends don't do what they did to friends, friends look after each other even if they are angry or fighting or anything they are your friends you make sure they are ok and safe

i am from Australia i didn't know her and iv never been to SC but iv been to the USA these cases touch people world wide, i am a male and the account of her final hours is just disgusting i hope people know not all men are like that it makes some of us very angry and upset to see women treated like trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa