GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

So apparently they were only cellmate “husband & wife” for some time less than three years?
Wonder why so little information is being disseminated here & other sites online about this man Raymond Moody?
This man is a sexual predator.
Apparently his family is from the Georgetown area, maybe for generations.
He confessed to kidnapping, raping and murdering Brittany Drexel.
He had a girlfriend. It’s been said they lived together?
So why did he do a power of attorney and give that to a man name Brian and who is he?
Who else did he hurt?

Last edited:
This man is a sexual predator.
Agreed, no question there. His past convictions confirm this. How and why he was released from prison are questions that the California parole board members who authorized his early release should have to answer.

Agree- highly unlikely she would get in his car without a women in there as well to make her feel safer. MOO- she was there and she knew all these years what happened.
I would find it unusual if Brittanee willingly accepted a ride from Moody if he was alone in his vehicle. From a personal safety standpoint it wouldn't seem likely, however anything is possible. It seems more likely she may have accepted a ride if Moody's GF was also in the vehicle. MOO

Sorry for the offtopic but what book can someone link it

[EM] said he was saddened, but not shocked, when Moody was named a person of interest in Drexel's disappearance. He also said everything to know about Moody was in his memoir, "Lost and Found."

This case really, really has broken my trust in the legal system in a way I can't describe. I've followed Brittanee's disappearance from Day 1 and never did I imagine she went through this much torture. Quite frankly, I thought it was possibly an accidental alcohol or drug related death amongst other teens or younger people who didn't know what to do in her time of need and dumped her somewhere out of fear they would get in trouble. How many other girls lost their innocence and lives to this man set free? I guess the FBI will have to sort that out for years to come. Her poor family, there is no relief now or ever for them. I will pray for them.
Really? Everyone seemed to think she was brutally gang-raped for a long period and fed to alligators/crocodiles, at first glance this doesn't appear as bad as that.

“It was during this examination that the remains were confirmed to be that of Brittanee Drexel, which was collaborated by a DNA analysis performed by SLED. Due to the condition of the remains, manual strangulation could not be confirmed.”

Brutally raping all those little girls previously and only doing 20 something years? His 8-yr old victim recalled blood pouring out of her private area after being raped by him is sickening!!! She escaped and bless her heart! He should have gotten life! Shame on the SC justice system for this! RIP Brittanee. Is this really justice?
Shame on the California Justice System, not SC.

If Moody had served his full sentence in CA, Brittanee would most likely still be alive today, as he would still be in jail. I wonder if there could be some sort of wrongful death case against the state of CA for releasing a dangerous predator too early?

If Moody had served his full sentence in CA, Brittanee would most likely still be alive today, as he would still be in jail. I wonder if there could be some sort of wrongful death case against the state of CA for releasing a dangerous predator too early?
Very good thoughts but can you imagine the can of worms that would open up? Think of all the crimes that early released crimnals have committed! I would love for there to be some type of accountability too, so I do like your idea.

probably not. he was sentenced under law and sentencing guidelines at the time. the parole board should have had the foresight but this is over 30 years ago and they prob arent even alive anymore.

IIRC Hasn’t he has already told LE that he strangled her? Am I wrong?
Yes.
"Moody allegedly strangled Drexel on the day she disappeared and buried her body the next day, according to the sheriff."

My opinion, he confessed so the only defense tactic will be to lower his sentence. I wonder if said confession also included a deal shielding his girlfriend from prosecution, if she was in fact in the car?
Or someone very close to him told what they knew and he was forced to confess. I still don't understand how someone could have stayed with him all of these years knowing his past...jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back