GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

I think I recall Jimmy Richardson was asked about it and indicated he knew why Moody had his eye closed but he couldn't comment on it. I agree with you that it was to send a message, and I believe it was "an eye for an eye". It seems like a perverse sort of stunt to pull, but consider the source.

Brutally raping all those little girls previously and only doing 20 something years? His 8-yr old victim recalled blood pouring out of her private area after being raped by him is sickening!!! She escaped and bless her heart! He should have gotten life! Shame on the SC justice system for this! RIP Brittanee. Is this really justice?

It all depends on what kind of evidence they’ve got putting her in the vehicle or in contact with Moody that night. Unfortunately that’s 13 years ago. IMO when LE started genuinely closing in over the last month or so, I think it’s possible Moody and AV (the gf) concocted a story that he was alone and she knew nothing, in an attempt to spare her. She tried to alibi him back in 2011, claiming they were “nowhere near Myrtle Beach.” She also claims she didn’t know about his past (highly unlikely.) I guess we’ll see what story Moody creates for the initial taking of Brittanee from the street, but I’m still not buying he was alone and somehow convinced Brittanee to go someplace with him. I think there could still be charges coming if they can find what they need. JMO.

I definitely agree they concocted a story that would spare her of any punishment - for now. I had no idea she was an alibi in 2011. That is very alarming. This woman's thinking or stories are not adding up. I honestly pictured a woman that didn't have much going for her when I heard he had a girlfriend. Possibly one that is older and not too mobile. A woman that is together with Moody for companionship just because she could not find anyone else. AV is younger than Moody, looks pretty from the picture I saw, and seems driven as she went to school to get her nursing degree and then moved her way up in the medical field.

She did know about his past and raping 8 year old girls and is quoted on commenting on it. Moody told her parts of what happened and another person told her every part that happened:
"When asked about his time in prison, Angel insisted: “I didn’t know anything about it when I met him. I met him later.”

“I found out from another person who knew him, the whole story, he had told me part of it. We had been involved for a few years.”

But she says she decided to stay with him because he was a different man in their relationship and refused to comment further on his past or Britannee’s murder."

She's also quoted in the same article:
“I’m devastated for the family. I’m so sorry. But like I said, I didn’t know that part of him.

“I would have described him as a kind, gentle man who took your shirt off. He loved it.” from the article linked below.

As I said, AV's stories are not adding up and very conflicting. How can she say she didn't know that part of him when you know what he was capable of and what he has been convicted of doing. If I had a friend or significant other that I found out had anything to do with raping kids, any friendship or intimate relationship would be immediately ended. I definitely would not be saying that they are "different" now.

definitely agree they concocted a story that would spare her of any punishment - for now. I had no idea she was an alibi in 2011. That is very alarming. This woman's thinking or stories are not adding up. I honestly pictured a woman that didn't have much going for her when I heard he had a girlfriend. Possibly one that is older and not too mobile. A woman that is together with Moody for companionship just because she could not find anyone else. AV is younger than Moody, looks pretty from the picture I saw, and seems driven as she went to school to get her nursing degree and then moved her way up in the medical field.
That was my initial thinking as well. However, after it was revealed that she is both younger than Moody and has a nursing degree, any excuses from AV about not knowing who Moody was, or what he had done, don't make any sense. She was with Moody for nearly 15 years by her own account so she had to know all about his past convictions and prison time.

For whatever reason, it appears AV willingly stayed in a long-term relationship with Moody. Very difficult to believe, but that's what's being reported at this time. MOO

Brutally raping all those little girls previously and only doing 20 something years? His 8-yr old victim recalled blood pouring out of her private area after being raped by him is sickening!!! She escaped and bless her heart! He should have gotten life! Shame on the SC justice system for this! RIP Brittanee. Is this really justice?
He was in California and only served half of his sentence. I agree he should have gotten life and South Carolina should have monitored him closer. I really want to know why his indecent exposure charge in the city of Georgetown changed to disorderly conduct in 2008 - Who is Raymond Moody? What we know about Brittanee Drexel's murder suspect

He was in California and only served half of his sentence. I agree he should have gotten life and South Carolina should have monitored him closer.
Agreed. IMO he never should have been released.

As mentioned earlier, I very much would like an explanation from the California parole board members who authorized his release about WHY he he served only half of his sentence. Someone with that kind of background, committing those kinds of crimes, should never be allowed to be in public again. MOO

Unfortunately no amount of explanations or apologies from the California and South Carolina legal systems will bring Brittanee back.

That was my initial thinking as well. However, after it was revealed that she is both younger than Moody and has a nursing degree, any excuses from AV about not knowing who Moody was, or what he had done, don't make any sense. She was with Moody for nearly 15 years by her own account so she had to know all about his past convictions and prison time.

For whatever reason, it appears AV willingly stayed in a long-term relationship with Moody. Very difficult to believe, but that's what's being reported at this time. MOO
This woman must have an entirely different persona than what she exhibits to others. I mean, how can she not have issues with a man that rapes children? It doesn't make sense unless she has issues of her own. If this is against TOS, remove. I refuse to see her as a victim in this....

Allow me to remind this thread that many serial killers e.g. Bundy had legions of female groupies. The mentality that causes men to kill is attractive to a not-insignificant fraction of women.

Furthermore, I think the entirety of the "prosecute the girlfriend" buzz is coming from her having volunteered to provide an alibi for the night of Britanee's disappearance but so much time has passed since then and so many different versions of events could have occurred that neither is an alibi for that one night something that might sway a jury (after the accused directing law enforcement to the body having gone otherwise undiscovered for a decade) nor is it enough to indicate complicity by the girlfriend.

It's quite possible that the girlfriend may still implicate herself but if she has good counsel they will advise her not to.

This case really, really has broken my trust in the legal system in a way I can't describe. I've followed Brittanee's disappearance from Day 1 and never did I imagine she went through this much torture. Quite frankly, I thought it was possibly an accidental alcohol or drug related death amongst other teens or younger people who didn't know what to do in her time of need and dumped her somewhere out of fear they would get in trouble. How many other girls lost their innocence and lives to this man set free? I guess the FBI will have to sort that out for years to come. Her poor family, there is no relief now or ever for them. I will pray for them.

So what really happened to this <modsnip> eye? I hope he has lost vision in that eye.
I don’t think he’s sending any message. LE wouldn’t allow him to take the photo intentionally closing his eye. They would retake it. That means it’s closing on its own, a condition known as ptosis. I think he may have a problem with the nerve that supplies that area (palsy of cranial nerve III). It’s possible Moody has something medically wrong (beyond the mental issues he clearly has) that is causing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we know about where Moody worked & lived? What do we know about his education? Does he have family that lives in the area? There’s a lot to learn about this person including whether or not he registered as a sex offender in 2004 or 2005 when he got here and remained registered.
His prison roommate wife Merchant has gone public with their relationship and has actually written a book about their time together in the California prison and afterwards. Curious as to what his charges were that put him behind bars in California as well (with Moody).
The details of the Moody arrest for indecent exposure need to be made public as well as the reason why that he was allowed to plead down.

What do we know about where Moody worked & lived? What do we know about his education? Does he have family that lives in the area? There’s a lot to learn about this person including whether or not he registered as a sex offender in 2004 or 2005 when he got here and remained registered.
His prison roommate wife Merchant has gone public with their relationship and has actually written a book about their time together in the California prison and afterwards. Curious as to what his charges were that put him behind bars in California as well (with Moody).
The details of the Moody arrest for indecent exposure need to be made public as well as the reason why that he was allowed to plead down.
How was he in a prison cell with a woman?

He wasn't ("prison wife" = male). This was discussed early in this thread. Here is the post that started the discussion: Found Deceased - SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21
Oh sorry. I looked it up and I didn’t get it even though that’s what I thought initially. For a second I was like - wait was this man not even in a regular prison in California for his crimes there?! I’m on overload right now with the horror in Uvalde. Thank you!

Last edited:
Curious as to what his charges were that put him behind bars in California as well (with Moody).
He had a fourth drug arrest in two years and this time one charge was being a felon in possession of a gun. He took a deal for 3-years. I just got the book yesterday from Amazon and started reading it but I need to finish another book today before I pick it back up.

He had a fourth drug arrest in two years and this time one charge was being a felon in possession of a gun. He took a deal for 3-years. I just got the book yesterday from Amazon and started reading it but I need to finish another book today before I pick it back
I also got the book. After thinking it was someone else for so long, it is hard to get out of that mindset.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back