SC SC - Brooke Henson, 20, Travelers Rest, 4 July 1999

There does not seem to have been any updates - I wonder what is going on.

This is obviously a very, very smart young woman! How disappointing that she has used her intelligence in such a mannner. Just think of what she could do if she turned that brain toward good!

Esther Elizabeth Reed is a fugitive from justice who apparently has no conscious. She not only has stolen our Brooke's identity, but she has stolen others as well.

It was so heartbreaking to find out someone had stolen Brooke's identity. To have the hope Brooke is alive then to have it yanked away with in matter of seconds with the words ID Theft was completely devastating for the family.

You can read more about Brooke's impostor Esther Elizabeth Reed by reading the following article published on the NY Post website.

ID THEFT 101: BEAUTY CONS HER WAY ONTO IVYS' ROLLS AS AN ED. RINGER

Beyond Belief said:
I have noticed some socials are disclosed in records (court cases,etc) put online by local courthouses. Thats very dangerous for people.

I would be interested in knowing if Brooke ever had records placed online if not I would bet this woman is connected to Brooke through a job she had in the past or her school.
No, Brooke never had records online. Esther Elizabeth Reed has absolutely NO connection to Brooke.

The woman found Brooke through a VT police database for missing persons. She received Brooke's birth certificate & SSN through Department of Vital Statistics. She was found out after applying for a job as a housekeeper. The person who she applied with did an online search for Brooke Leigh Henson. At that time the person found that Brooke was a missing person. The person then called the SLED Agent (who was actually at the Greenville, SC office) listed on Brooke's website.

I hope I have answered the questions you all have had. If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I will do my very best to answer.

gardenmom said:
Thanks for the update! In the link above it said that she seemed upset, her family tried to talk to her, then they left her and she disappeared. That raises a lot of questions. Did she leave on purpose? Was someone bothering her? Maybe she is still alive and "traded" identities with this other "Brooke". I pray this is what happened and that her family will get her back.
We don't believe Brooke left on her own. Yes, she was upset, but she loved her family dearly, so we don't believe she decided to disappear.
She was known to hitch hike from place to place. That makes us wonder if maybe she accepted a ride from the wrong person. :(

We hope & pray she is still alive and enjoying life out there somewhere, but the odds of that seem to be out of reach.

Esther Elizabeth Reed didn't know Brooke or at least Law Enforcement doesn't think so. Esther Reed is a fugitive from justice in Washington state. After reading articles on this woman I would say she is wanted in several states for ID Theft and maybe other crimes. Hopefully she will be found soon.

We miss Brookey soooooo much and just want to know what happened and why.

Please everyone continue the prayers!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that Brooke's family is having to endure this. It is totally despicable and downright cruel.

You have many people praying for your entire family for strength.

That girl, Esther Reed, is SOME con artist!

She is apparently very intelligent, and very crafty.
I wonder how long she can life on the run.

I am so sorry that Brooke's family has been dealt this painful blow by such a criminal. Reed is obviously a sociopath with no conscience, as are most con artists.

From the link above...

"She didn't run up a whole lot of debts and bail, as is usual. She was living as Brooke Henson, which is very unusual," Campbell said. But he said he was most shocked someone could approach an Ivy League college claiming to be someone they are not and talk their way in. He said the schools have been extremely uncooperative in helping him piece together what happened.

To me this says the schools are covering their own butts.

</B></I>

I want to know who was calling her from all those different countries. I wonder if she was a drug mule or something.

They mentioned espionage in the article.. "Then she allegedly tried to get a cadet to furnish her with a certificate from the Army's assault school. 'At this point, it started sounding like it could be espionage and not just identity theft,'Campbell said."

if that is true then I wonder who she was applying to work for?

Funny in some odd way that she conned Ivy league colleges but in applying for a job as a maid she got caught.

BrookesAngel I am sorry that your missing loved one's name was used in this way.

Could it be that this imposter got all this information on Brooke because she is involved in what happened to her to begin with? Did Brooke leave her house that night with ID on her that would have her SSN or anything like that printed on it?

BhamMama said:
I am so sorry that Brooke's family is having to endure this. It is totally despicable and downright cruel.

You have many people praying for your entire family for strength.
It's been hard knowing Brooke is missing, but what this impostor has done hurts more than words could ever express. We all hope the impostor is caught soon.

Thank you so very much BhamMama for the prayers!!

Amraann said:
if that is true then I wonder who she was applying to work for?

Funny in some odd way that she conned Ivy league colleges but in applying for a job as a maid she got caught.

BrookesAngel I am sorry that your missing loved one's name was used in this way.
From what I understand she was applying with a private citizen. Don't know the name of the person she was applying with, but at least they did a background check of sorts by googling her.

It's truly not funny, but for person to con an IVY LEAGUE school, then get caught applying for a mere maid's job. That doesn't say much about those schools.

Oh well, God works in mysterious ways and apparently this is his way of bringing national attention to Brooke.

Mygirlsadie said:
Could it be that this imposter got all this information on Brooke because she is involved in what happened to her to begin with? Did Brooke leave her house that night with ID on her that would have her SSN or anything like that printed on it?
We don't believe Brooke ever knew this woman. Brooke disappeared with only the clothes on her back.

The impostor was able to obtain Brooke's SSN & Birth Certificate through The Department of Vital Statistics after she had gotten Brooke's info of a VT Police Database.

BrookesAngel said:
Oh well, God works in mysterious ways and apparently this is his way of bringing national attention to Brooke.

As deplorable of an act as Reed has committed, perhaps what you said above can help carry you. It is amazing that you can see the good that has come from a terrible person's actions. You and Brooke are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

LionRun

Even if Esther never knew Brooke, she had to have gotten Brooke's id info from someone, so it would be important to find out who that was.Strange indeed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back