SC - Clowns spotted trying to lure kids into South Carolina woods

​ROFL!! I Love it! :laughing:

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you ~ Stealers Wheel

(I had to go look up that song, lolololol)

Shouldn't it be "stuck in the middle with *ewe*?" :laughing:

Back on topic... what a crazy, creepy story.... It almost sounds like pranksters to me. I mean, if you're going to try to lure kids into the woods with stacks of cash, you're probably not going to wear terrifying make up to do so, right? Seems that would be counterproductive.

Ugh dang it :scared: Another Creepy Clown Incident Reported in Ohio

There has been another creepy clown encounter — this time in Columbus, Ohio.

A 14-year-old boy heading to a school bus stop Tuesday morning told police he was chased by a black-clad man armed with a knife — and wearing a clown mask, police said.

"The victim was able to get away from him by throwing a rock at him," said police spokeswoman Denise Alex-Bouzounis, who added that police are now canvassing the area in search of the suspect and keeping a close eye on the bus stop in north Columbus near where the incident occurred.

​ROFL!! I Love it! :laughing:

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you ~ Stealers Wheel

(I had to go look up that song, lolololol)

Cheryl Crow did a cover of it. And they used it as the theme song on the Netflix series Grace and Frankie (Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin), as least the first season, can't remember if it was used the second season.

September 1, 2016
5:46 PM EDT

Chief on clown sightings: "The clowning around needs to stop"

Police in northern South Carolina are increasing patrols and urging the public to be vigilant after a series of creepy clown sightings near Greenville. But so far they haven’t been able to substantiate any of the reports, officials said Thursday.

“The clowning around needs to stop,” said Greenville police chief Ken Miller at a press conference Thursday. “It’s illegal, it’s dangerous, it’s inappropriate, it’s creating community concern.”

The first in what would become a string of bizarre incidents was reported Aug. 21, when a citizen saw what a police report described as a “suspicious character ... dressed in circus clown attire and white face paint, enticing kids to follow him/her into the woods.”

<SNIP>

Most recently, a woman said she was doing her laundry Wednesday evening when she saw a clown standing outside she described as wearing a white swimmer’s cap with neon or red hair coming out of the sides, and white face paint with a black painted line starting between his eyebrows and ending at his upper lip.

She said he was wearing a gray long sleeve tee shirt, white gloves and “balloon pants.” The clown didn’t approach her, and she notified her apartment manager.

Miller said the clowns are “striking fear” in the community. He’s not sure whether the sightings are the result of only one or two people, or whether it’s a group “doing it either for fun or for gags for kicks.” But he warned whoever is responsible could be prosecuted under a city disturbance ordinance.

“We want to encourage anyone who may be inclined to dress in clown outfits, not to do it,” Miller said.

Flood urged residents to remain vigilant and to call 911 “if you see anything suspicious, anyone dressed up in a clown costume.”

He also urged anyone who spots the mysterious clowns to try to get photos or video footage and turn them over to the police.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/greenvi...ings-the-clowning-around-needs-to-stop-chief/

September 1, 2016
6:36 PM UPDATED

LIVE: Community, police address clown sightings in Greenville

The Greenville Police and Greenville Co. Sheriff’s Office held a news conference today to address the recent clown sightings.

There have been 7 sightings in the Upstate as off Thursday evening.

They say there are different descriptions of the clowns.

They don’t know if there are on or two people doing it repetitively or if there are multiple people.

They don’t know if it’s connected to the upcoming movie “31” or if someone is “Somewhat politely terrorizing” the community.

They say Greenville City ordinance prohibits harassment of individuals (see Sec. 24-32 for “Molesting, disturbing, or following persons”) and State law applies to publicly concealing identity (see Section 16-7-110 for “Wearing masks and the like”). Additional laws may apply, depending upon the specific circumstances of each case.

PARK HAYWOOD APARTMENTS

The woman said she saw a man dressed as a clown standing and starring at her while she was in the laundry mat around 5:20 p.m. on Wednesday.

CANAAN POINT APARTMENTS – SPARTANBURG

Police responded to a suspicious person call last night around 10:25 at Canaan Pointe Apartments in Spartanburg.

The caller said the person was dressed as a clown and was standing in her backyard.

She said she took a picture of the clown and he ran away.

GREENVILLE

Greenville Police received a call from a concerned parent on August 31 about another clown sighting.

The caller said their daughter was walking home from Hughes Academy when she saw a clown in the woods.

They said it happened on Deoyley Avenue.

FLEETWOOD MANOR APARTMENTS

The first incident happened on Sunday, August 21st, and involved kids seeing clowns in the woods bordering the Fleetwood Manor apartment complex.

The complainant stated that the clowns were holding green lasers and cash in their hands, in an attempt to lure the children into the woods.

EMERALD COMMONS

The Sheriff’s Office received another call from a young girl on Monday, August 29th, about a clown sighting near Emerald Commons on White Horse Road.

The girl stated that she saw a man taking pictures of kids, and shortly after, saw a man dressed as a clown and coming out of the woods.

She said the man taking pictures of kids was riding on a blue bike, and the other man was wearing a black jacket and a clown mask.

http://wspa.com/2016/09/01/new-clown-sighting-in-greenville-wearing-balloon-pants/

I wonder if the "missing 411" guy has considered evil clowns?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anything been caught on CCTV or security video yet?

ETA: This story has me peeking out my patio door before I go to bed at night. LOL! It's creepy! :couch:

Has anything been caught on CCTV or security video yet?

ETA: This story has me peeking out my patio door before I go to bed at night. LOL! It's creepy! :couch:

That's a habit I have had since being involved in a violent attack years ago, but, just be aware you may get a startle! I check mine morning and night, and this week I had a rather large rat just sitting on the doormat! Now my house and yard are very clean, no hiding places for critters, no junk, etc. but our neighborhood doesn't treat the sewers for rodents, which in turn leads to our large bobcat population... But I did about jump out of my skin! I told my husband the shocking thing about it was how nice the rat looked! Shiny coat, plump, clean...the snazziest wild rat I have ever seen LOL! But considering that made me jump back I can't imagine what seeing a clown would do. I would probably kick the bucket on the spot!

My thing is, who is doing this and why? School has gone back, so I doubt summertime pranksters. Perhaps someone imitating those clowns who are known for doing this?

Somewhere there is an entire thread about juggalos being 'involved' or suspected, in various cases.

IIRC, there were several cases in which the Person Of Interest was an Insane Clown Posse fan/Juggalo. For example, the live-in boyfriend, of Billie Dunn, the declared suspect in Hailey's murder, was a juggle, and had a collection of macabre death masks and serial killer memorabilia.

Also, there were assorted juggaloes surrounding the Hayley Cummings mystery, and a few more cases that I cannot remember just now.

Thats so interesting because I followed both those cases really close and I never made the connection to Insane Clown Posse/Juggalos. I think its because I never really learned about ICP until much later after those cases.

I did read a lot about the boyfriend in the Dunn case and his masks and the comments he wrote on the site he ordered them from. That person was a scary individual and I blame the mother for allowing someone like that around her child. IMO Im convinced he was involved in her disappearance while Mom was at work.

LE needs to arrest the individuals scaring children and woman using clown masks. They are obviously up to no good and they will escalate their behavior until someone gets hurt, raped, or killed IMO.

My guess is it is some punks up to no good and I worry they will escalate into a real crime soon. Hope LE arrests them. The woods thing is creepy and maybe that is their place of meeting to party or something and then they get all crazy under the influence and go around with the masks.

I wonder if the "missing 411" guy has considered evil clowns?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Attachments

• e46b533cc88755a737f4338e5f4384a4.jpg
    e46b533cc88755a737f4338e5f4384a4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 247
Thats so interesting because I followed both those cases really close and I never made the connection to Insane Clown Posse/Juggalos. I think its because I never really learned about ICP until much later after those cases.

I did read a lot about the boyfriend in the Dunn case and his masks and the comments he wrote on the site he ordered them from. That person was a scary individual and I blame the mother for allowing someone like that around her child. IMO Im convinced he was involved in her disappearance while Mom was at work.

Remember that fight that Billy Dunn had with her creepy boyfriend---the one where he called and made death threats, and he was arrested? That was before Hailey went missing. But that fight was over a T-shirt from a band called SlipKnot. And both of them were huge fans of that 'horror core' band.

That band, like ISP, wears scary weird masks, and the fans copy them. And many wear clown masks with blood and gore smeared on them.

Masks | Shop the Slipknot Official Store
slipknot.shop.bravadousa.com/dept/masks-and-uniform-jumpsuits?cp=162_9156
Slipknot Corey Mask w/ Removable Upper Face · Slipknot Clown Full Mask w/ Hair · Slipknot (Mick) Face Mask · Slipknot Sid Mask w/ Removable Face Plate.

Remember that fight that Billy Dunn had with her creepy boyfriend---the one where he called and made death threats, and he was arrested? That was before Hailey went missing. But that fight was over a T-shirt from a band called SlipKnot. And both of them were huge fans of that 'horror core' band.

That band, like ISP, wears scary weird masks, and the fans copy them. And many wear clown masks with blood and gore smeared on them.

Masks | Shop the Slipknot Official Store
slipknot.shop.bravadousa.com/dept/masks-and-uniform-jumpsuits?cp=162_9156
Slipknot Corey Mask w/ Removable Upper Face · Slipknot Clown Full Mask w/ Hair · Slipknot (Mick) Face Mask · Slipknot Sid Mask w/ Removable Face Plate.

Thanks Katydid23, That is real interesting. I didn't begin to learn about Insane Clown Posse and other "death metal" type bands till well after those 2 cases which is probably why I didnt realize about it at the time.

Frankly I wish I would have never learned about Death Metal bands. Its really sick stuff. I cant believe some kids actually want to go to live concerts for bands like that.

Back in my day we had bands like Black Sabbath ACDC and Metallica. The Death Metal bands of today make them look like pop bands. LOL

[video=youtube;ZG15oP7q4fI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG15oP7q4fI[/video]

And people wonder why I don't like clowns...smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was a little, there was a dark oil painting of a clown playing the violin on one wall -
And wolves ripping apart a carcass on the other.

And you wonder why I'm here.

When I was a little, there was a dark oil painting of a clown playing the violin on one wall -
And wolves ripping apart a carcass on the other.

And you wonder why I'm here.
"Nature, red in tooth and clown," as I believe Tennyson wrote.

My mom has a guest room in SC full of clown dolls, clown nick nacks, and a clown doll on a swing hanging in the corner facing the bed. She wonders why I stay in a hotel when I visit.

My mom has a guest room in SC full of clown dolls, clown nick nacks, and a clown doll on a swing hanging in the corner facing the bed. She wonders why I stay in a hotel when I visit.

Oh my gosh I wouldn't be able to set foot in that room! Other than clowns the other thing that always creeps me out is dolls/statues. Clown dolls is the stuff of nightmares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back