SC SC - Crystal Soles, 28, Andrews, 24 Jan 2005

Andrews is a small town, however I can't find that Shaw's corner store in SC. and google map can't pinpoint me exactly where is Jones Ave. however, looking at the google maps images, it's a small rural town. I'm sure someone had to see something.

looking at her pic her and britt look very simular it just think it is kind of odd that they resemble each other so much and alot of the same circumstances have come u

Just randomly picked this case after reading the note on the main page. What a shame those bones werent human. Not many updates on this case, I hope she is found

Kinda eerie how where she disappeared is within mere miles of the latest search in the Drexel case.

Directions from Andrews to Foxfire Court:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Search in Drexel case plus the Soles case location.JPG
    Search in Drexel case plus the Soles case location.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 144
these are all connected (also Deloris Melton) hoping for new info soon! bump

these are all connected (also Deloris Melton) hoping for new info soon! bump

A new poster on the Drexel thread added a couple possibly connected names, too. I think someone needs to let SLED know w/ a tip line call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Keeping hope alive: Family and friends of missing Andrews woman vow to 'never give up'[/h]
59f0de310dce6.image.jpg

Editor's Note: This is the first in a series of investigative articles on the 2005 disappearance of Crystal Soles.

Crystal Soles disappeared from Andrews 13 years ago.

She's never been found.
On Oct. 21, nearly 100 family members and friends gathered at her former home, vowing to keep the search for Soles active, and pledging to continue to fight for answers regarding her unsolved missing persons case.
Crystal's last contact with her family was a call to her father, Wingate Soles, now deceased, from a phone booth in front of Shaw's Corner Store in Andrews in the early morning hours of Jan. 24, 2005.

"I will never give up the search for my daughter," Gail Soles, Crystal's mother, told the Georgetown Times. "Somebody out there knows something, and if it takes me to the day that I die, I am going to uncover what happened to my daughter."

Read more: http://www.southstrandnews.com/news...cle_bf381f90-b98d-11e7-acaf-ab329fc0c4d0.html

A new poster on the Drexel thread added a couple possibly connected names, too. I think someone needs to let SLED know w/ a tip line call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brittanee's Mom Dawn is all over it , she has spoken with Crystals Mom and FBI is aware

[h=1]Andrews mayor: Renewed interest in Crystal Soles missing persons case[/h]
As the 13-year mark of an Andrews woman's disappearance approaches on Jan. 24, the family is seeking community support and the town's mayor said there is renewed interest in solving the case.

Mayor Frank McClary joined Crystal's mother, Gail Soles, other family members and friends for the first meeting of the "Justice for Crystal Soles" committee on Jan. 10 at the Andrews Library. He has also said he will attend a "Walk for Crystal" in the town on Saturday, Jan. 20.

The public and town officials are invited to the walk event, which will begin at 2 p.m. at Andrews Town Hall. Participants will join the family and friends of Crystal Soles as they walk through the town and along Main Street carrying signs.
"This is an ongoing effort to assist this family in any way possible," McClary said. "It has been a long time and a grieving mother deserves all the assistance she can get."
Read more: https://www.southstrandnews.com/new...cle_b985e930-f70c-11e7-801c-0fdff0ff494f.html

Based upon what the FBI believes happened to Brittanee, I don’t see this case being related. The suspect in the Drexel case would have been around 14 when Crystal disappeared. In the Drexel case there is more than one jailhouse informant both with the same story. The authorities seem to be looking for the murder weapon to confirm the informants ve disappeared 1.5 hours apart in vastly different settings - Drexel in Myrtle Beach and Crystal in a very small, out of the way rural area.

Based upon what the FBI believes happened to Brittanee, I don’t see this case being related. The suspect in the Drexel case would have been around 14 when Crystal disappeared. In the Drexel case there is more than one jailhouse informant with the same story. The authorities seem to be looking for the murder weapon to confirm the informants information so they can support charges.

Also, they disappeared 1.5 hours apart in vastly different settings - Drexel in Myrtle Beach and Crystal in a very small, out of the way rural area. They may look close on a map but they are worlds apart - as is McClellanville where Drexel suspects lived.

i see 3 possibilities. Crystal was under the influence, got tired, laid down and succumbed to the elements. If this happened I think body would be found.

Second is saw someone at store or called someone for ride and this person abducted and murdered Crystal. Person would be local with knowledge of wooded and swampy areas to conceal a body. They would have privacy at home or truck / other large vehicle with occupational or sport tools with him at time. However, there are no witnesses that saw her with anyone and she told her Dad she would walk home as she had done many times before.

Third would be stranger crossing paths with Crystal as she walked home and abducting her. if a stranger, the offender would be local since Andrews is not on the way to anywhere and not the place travelers normally pass through. It would also take local knowledge to conceal the body. Shaw’s is on the edge of town and Crystal would have been walking out of the town. Shaw’s is or was the only store for miles (Georgetown next closest) open at that hour so one theory is a local possibly on way to store saw Crystal and abducted her. This would put offender residence in the direction Crystal walking with Shaw’s the most convenient store open.

There is prior POI in Drexel case but need to confirm he had been released from prison. If so, he lived out in the country but 3 turns from Shaw’s in the direction Crystal walking. POI prior 20 year prison term for assault of young girl. Crystal was small and looked younger than her age.

Of of course there are other possibilities such as being killed over drug debt. However, from my analysis the 3 possibilities above appear most likely.

Will sleuth again and welcome help of true sleuthers

Based upon what the FBI believes happened to Brittanee, I don’t see this case being related. The suspect in the Drexel case would have been around 14 when Crystal disappeared. In the Drexel case there is more than one jailhouse informant with the same story. The authorities seem to be looking for the murder weapon to confirm the informants information so they can support charges.

Also, they disappeared 1.5 hours apart in vastly different settings - Drexel in Myrtle Beach and Crystal in a very small, out of the way rural area. They may look close on a map but they are worlds apart - as is McClellanville where Drexel suspects lived.

i see 3 possibilities. Crystal was under the influence, got tired, laid down and succumbed to the elements. If this happened I think body would be found.

Second is saw someone at store or called someone for ride and this person abducted and murdered Crystal. Person would be local with knowledge of wooded and swampy areas to conceal a body. They would have privacy at home or truck / other large vehicle with occupational or sport tools with him at time. However, there are no witnesses that saw her with anyone and she told her Dad she would walk home as she had done many times before.

Third would be stranger crossing paths with Crystal as she walked home and abducting her. if a stranger, the offender would be local since Andrews is not on the way to anywhere and not the place travelers normally pass through. It would also take local knowledge to conceal the body. Shaw’s is on the edge of town and Crystal would have been walking out of the town. Shaw’s is or was the only store for miles (Georgetown next closest) open at that hour so one theory is a local possibly on way to store saw Crystal and abducted her. This would put offender residence in the direction Crystal walking with Shaw’s the most convenient store open.

There is prior POI in Drexel case but need to confirm he had been released from prison. If so, he lived out in the country but 3 turns from Shaw’s in the direction Crystal walking. POI prior 20 year prison term for assault of young girl. Crystal was small and looked younger than her age.

Of of course there are other possibilities such as being killed over drug debt. However, from my analysis the 3 possibilities above appear most likely.

Will sleuth again and welcome help of true sleuthers

I see it related we are talking Dad and uncle which is also Shannon's case , uncle flat out was witnessed taking Shannon and one of the guys that was with him was set to testify , the case has been reopened ....same Family

Who are Shannon and Delores Melton? It’s hard to consider what you are saying without an explanation as to who you are speaking about. I gather you are saying they are related because the suspects are related. I’m not going to split hairs since we seem to agree suspect in Drexel case not involved in this one

Crystal Gail Soles – CUE – Community United Effort

I have watched Tricia for a long time but never posted here. This is the 2005 case from the tiny town of Andrews, SC. A friend posted this tonight because she had a relative involved. If anyone can help, or if you see a way I can help, living nearby, please respond. This is a small community. You all know how that can play out. Thanks for your thoughts. If anyone wants research, I’ll do it and pull anything together. I would just like to know if anyone has interest. Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back