Deceased/Not Found SC - Deidre Reid, 41, driving to Charlotte NC to drop off a man, Pageland, 3 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

July 26, 2022
SBM

Her car was found submerged in water, with her blood inside, but the family still doesn't have what they're looking for. "We still don't know where Deidre is at or what he has done with Deidre," James Reid said. Prosecutors said a death certificate will be issued for Reid but her remains still haven't been found.

Nothing new.

”The mindset of the last 10 months…it’s just been crazy,” says James Reid, Deidre’s brother.

For the third time this year, Deidre Reid’s family piled into the courtroom in support of their lost sister.

”Not knowing is what really kills us because she was here and now she’s not,” he says.

In court today, we heard Emmanuel Bedford advocate for himself for the first time since this happened, getting rid of his lawyer and even asking the judge if he could get bond.

A bond. It would help me obtain a lawyer,” says Bedford.

The state says the potentially big blow to his case came when prosecutor Kernard Redmond announced the state finally got the DNA evidence it had been waiting for for months. The report confirms the blood in Reid’s car is hers.

”I was devastated. And I actually had to thank God. When you have to thank God for bad news, it’s sad,” says Reid.

That bad news though confirmed what this family knew all along—their sister was dead. Prosecutors say no one would have survived that amount of blood loss.

”Right now they’re working on getting her death certificates and everything,” he says.

But closure will not truly come unless this family can find a way to get Reid’s body.

”I just hope and pray that we can give her a proper burial. Especially for those three kids. This is a nightmare,” he says.

Deidre's daughter, Tahteya Patterson has been missing since 11/1/2022.

Deidre's daughter, Tahteya Patterson has been missing since 11/1/2022.

That's awful!

JUN 10, 2023
[...]

The sheriff’s office said after a manhunt involving over 40 police officers, tracking dogs and a helicopter, Bedford was found around 1:35 a.m. Sunday. The sheriff’s office was assisted by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) and the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

[...]

Last year, Bedford was indicted for the kidnapping and murder of Pageland mother Deidre Reid. ...

[...]

JUN 13, 2023
[...]

James Reid is Deidre’s brother. The family visited the Sheriff’s office Monday, looking for answers on how Bedford got out.

“Emanuel Bedford had nothing to lose but everything to gain,” James Reid said. “By him escaping, that just opened up a hole that just opened up another nightmare. It really feels like a Lifetime story that the family is going through.”

[...]

Bedford asked to use the phone close to his cell Saturday night.

He never made a call.

The Sheriff says he used a door to escape the secured area, walked to a common area near a kitchen where he fit through a window with bars on it, and climbed over a barbed wire fence.

[...]

JUN 14, 2023
[...]

Reporter Tina Terry has covered the case since 2021. She was in the courtroom Wednesday morning, where she saw Bedford being pushed into the room in a wheelchair. He seemed to have been hurt when he crawled through a window and escaped from the jail.

[...]

In court Wednesday, the judge agreed to give Bedford that mental health evaluation. Once complete, and if accepted by the Department of Corrections, Bedford would be moved to a state facility.

[...]

Reed's mother Patricia Hammonds joined other family and friends in the courtroom Wednesday. She said she feared for her life when he escaped.

“I did not go to sleep. I sat up all night... because he know where I live," Hammonds said. “I wanted to get up out of this wheelchair and go up there and hit him, then I thought, let God take care of him, because he took my daughter away from me.”

AUG 28, 2023
Her brother and sister talked with WCCB the day {Allisha} Watts’ remains were found. They want the same closure her family got, and they have these messages for Deidre’s accused killer and his family. Monaca Reid says, “We just wanna know where she at so we can bring her home and have a proper burial.” James Reid says, “Just give us her, I don’t care if you had anything to do with it, or what you know, we just wanna know where Deidre’s at. Her mother, sibling, aunts, kids, especially her kids, need closure.” Reid’s family says not knowing where she is feels like a never ending nightmare.

NOV 17, 2023
[...]

In March 2022, Bedford was indicted on charges of murder and kidnapping in Reid’s death. Bedford claimed he’s innocent.

Reid’s remains were never found.

On Friday, the solicitor for the case told Channel 9 he could learn more about a possible trial date in January.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back