Found Deceased SC - Duffy McLemore, 4, Charleston, 14 May 2016

How can this keep happening? I will have Duffys family and Duffy in my prayers tonight. Water and little boys and big boys just don't mix. There has to be constant supervision with the children when out and even then they can disappear in an instant. RIP Duffy.

This is so sad.

I actually saw a post on FB today from a friend of mine. Three years ago, he son wandered out the house, was found in a pond thanks to their dog, and he survived after a stay in the hospital. Well, today there's a photo of the little guy, 5 or 6 yrs old now, in the OCEAN UP TO HIS CHEST and while Mom might be nearby, she was taking a photo of him that wasn't real close up. IMO, should have been within arm reach at all times. BUT, even that near drowning hasn't changed the thinking, sadly.

I understand that Duffy went missing around 4 PM, but still haven't figured out what time authorities were called.

From MamaJoJo's link:
[...]
Charleston police say Duffy McLemore was reported missing around 4:45 p.m. He had last been seen in the Spray area. Park officials reported it to police about 30 minutes later.
His body was recovered in a pond just after 10 p.m.

Read more:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heratbreaking! In the blink of an eye............My prayers are with Duffy and Duffy's family tonight.

Wonder with the darkness, he came upon the pond quickly, not realizing it was there. It would only take a few steps and he would realize he was in the pond, panic, start thrashing around not thinking clearly, and exhaust himself quickly.

At 10:00 pm he was already tired and just wandering around, I would imagine.

Bless his heart. So young and innocent. A fun day should not end in a tragedy like this. RIP Duffy.

Coroner confirms Duffy McLemore is 3-years-old from Ladson and died from "what appears to be an accidental drowning." #chsnews
9:45 PM - 14 May 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisLive5/status/731707048115703808

:)confused: about the age discrepancy - Could just be an error in reporting vs. a correction of the age that's been reported since the story broke. We will probably know more once day breaks tomorrow. :moo: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too :(
So angry no one seen him near the pond. Why wasn't there a safety fence around it or someone watching it. #@$%!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm local and have spent a good amount of time at all the county parks - they all have a lot of water features. James Island has large ponds/lakes, and the one my family usually goes to has a large circular lagoon. One of the others has a lot of swamp/marsh/lagoon as well. It's just a feature of the parks, lots of water. I never take my eyes off my little monsters at the parks because my biggest fear is one of them ending up in the lagoon. Especially given that there are also alligators in it . . . heh.

Wonder with the darkness, he came upon the pond quickly, not realizing it was there. It would only take a few steps and he would realize he was in the pond, panic, start thrashing around not thinking clearly, and exhaust himself quickly.

Bless his heart. So young and innocent. A fun day should not end in a tragedy like this. RIP Duffy.

It wasn't dark when he went into the pond - sometime around 4:30ish.

Sad. We had a 5 year old little boy locally get hit and killed by a car when he darted out of his car into the street a couple days ago. Some little ones become angels too soon.

This sounds very probable. I'm very sad to read this terrible tragic update Duffy's family are in my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back