Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
These LEO’s were so dedicated and tenacious. I’ve never witnessed any other LEO’s work so hard to try to save someone. They almost did it and now I understand the anger and heartbreak Snellgrove expressed during his press conference. Prayers to all those guys, you know this has been so difficult for them. They should be an example to others.
I have to weigh in on this case, as I've been following from the very beginning. It is so painful to me to see another child dead at the hands of a molester/murderer. The pain I feel must be minimal to that felt by her family, but also those dedicated LE and emergency personnel who came SO VERY CLOSE to finding her. No wonder they are angry and heartbroken. They did all they could plus more and just were not as quick as this sick-minded, focused pervert. I am praying extra hard today for those involved in looking for and finding Faye Marie :(

Not directed at anyone in particular, but I keep reading that police previously talked to him and searched his home. One news agency has even reported that, but what I heard a the press conference was that they had just "been in his home." That could just be, "knock, knock; hello, sir, we're in the neighborhood looking for a missing girl, may we come in and talk to you? great, thanks," steps inside and asks questions and leaves. No search. I know we get tied up in knots about whether it's a quote from LE or an interpretation by media, and I think this is one of those cases. Maybe I heard (*or remember) wrong.

I agree with your assessment. LE would need probable cause for a search warrant to do a thorough search of CT's home. I'll wait on more info from LE as to whether the deceased piqued their interest prior to discovery. He very well could have been a longtime neighbor/resident that caused no problems and no suspicion. MOO

And that is the problem. Every potential criminal has a clean record at some point. Every one of them has a first time. They often go unnoticed until that first time happens. :(

Sadly, yes. But oftentimes there are telling or troubling behaviors someone notices about a person and just brushes it off. It probably wouldn't be anything criminal, just something troubling or out of the norm. Possibly MH or social issues ?

All JMOO

Mud, scrub pine needles, etc. Good point.

But mud & pine needles would be the same for the entire wooded area, how would debris on a boot lead to the specific spot? Moo

Also, if anyone on Piccadilly did dispose of Faye’s body in the wooded area, perhaps they were able to see the area searched & think the coast was clear. I guess LE could have been in other areas & not notice someone sneaking in. Sounds preposterous but it evidently happened. Moo

My theory about what happened is that if he did it, I think he waited for the searches to die down a bit. Since Thursday was garbage day and he figured they had already been through the trash, and searched the woods, he’d dispose of her late Wednesday night and throw the things in the trash early Thursday morning before the garbage came. He probably saw them going through the trash again that morning and realized it would only be a short time until they came back for more info and took his own life. I’m stumped on what he would have done with her until the time he got rid of her? Are there any pictures that show his apartment area during searches and his car being there? Maybe it was parked somewhere else with her in it? Most logical thing would have been for him to just take her out his back door in the darkness of night? Either that or she’s been there longer than they thought and they just missed her the first time. :(

It just seems very odd that someone would jump from having no criminal activity to possibly being a murder suspect. That just doesn't normally happen. Even though everything so far is pointing at a single man, it seems weird.

If he heard the garbage truck come down his street, would he be watching? Could he have seen the police recovering the item? Apparently he had never imagined the police would search all the trash. If the killer saw that, I imagine he knew it was just a matter of time.
^^sbm

Yes, it will be interesting to hear from the coroner post autopsy and learn the estimated time of death of the deceased male. Very curious about that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/02/14/south-carolina-girl-faye-swetlik/

“They found Faye’s body in a wooded area between her home and an auto-parts store.

“Based on our investigation and based on the information, the preliminary information that we received from the coroner’s office, we believe that Faye had not been in that location for a very long time at all,” Antley said.”

I hope this does NOT mean that she’s been alive in his house up until yesterday. How the heck would he get her body back to those woods without anyone seeing anything with all that round-the-clock searching?! Moo

Mods: What are the classifications of an official declaration of POI/Suspect? I'm reading ALL over MSM that CT has been linked by LE. What exactly are we waiting for (for clarification).

Not a mod but I've been lurking around here for a long time...the definition for an "official" declaration is when it comes out of LE's mouth directly.

IIRC the officer at the presser did not say they "searched" it.
As I recall, the second round of knocking on doors and searching was more thorough - crawl spaces, appliances, closets, etc. First round may have been only to seek info if anyone had seen Faye. It was potentially a child who may have wandered away. Asking neighbors would have been top on the list before then considering one of them a possible suspect. JMO

Mods: What are the classifications of an official declaration of POI/Suspect? I'm reading ALL over MSM that CT has been linked by LE. What exactly are we waiting for (for clarification).
For LE to verify that CT is a suspect in Fayes murder, I assume. Have they indicated that yet? I'm not sure how they could know for sure at this point. They still have a lot of investigating to do, despite what 'reporters' say. Jmo

It appears that the Lexington County Sheriff PIO has clarified the matter:

Adam Myrick on Twitter
The man found dead in Churchill Heights, Coty Taylor, was interviewed by law enforcement officers during the search for Faye Swetlik, according to @Cayce_DPS @antleyevan. Officers also searched Taylor’s home as part of their work inside the subdivision earlier this week.
2:35 PM - 14 Feb 2020

Last edited:
It just seems very odd that someone would jump from having no criminal activity to possibly being a murder suspect. That just doesn't normally happen. Even though everything so far is pointing at a single man, it seems weird.

1. First time unable to resist compulsion
2. First time about to be caught, and exposed

Everybody says that- that there is usually a progression. But more & more not! Look at JP who murdered JC’s parents & held her captive for 88 days. These days you can “progress” via the internet & gaming. JMOVHO

But mud & pine needles would be the same for the entire wooded area, how would debris on a boot lead to the specific spot? Moo

Also, if anyone on Piccadilly did dispose of Faye’s body in the wooded area, perhaps they were able to see the area searched & think the coast was clear. I guess LE could have been in other areas & not notice someone sneaking in. Sounds preposterous but it evidently happened. Moo

They could have deduced the likely location based on the condition of what they found. For instance: lets just say LE found a boot, when they last searched the woods they noticed that one spot was a little lower then the others and that low spot had wet soil; when they looked at the boot they noted damp soil, this clue would have led them back to the wet spot previously noticed.

Oh........you would be surprised. Ex: Jake Patterson committed a brutal murder when he abducted Jayme Closs and then held her hostage for 88 days. MOO

ETA: Oops, I should have read through, @JudgeJoe. I just saw that you gave the same example!

Last edited:
Oh........you would be surprised. Ex: Jake Patterson committed a brutal murder when he abducted Jayme Closs and then held her hostage for 88 days. MOO

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, its just not as likely. Just saying it seems odd. Especially if he did have a roommate. It doesn't seem very thought out, it was almost like a spur of the moment thing just based on the information we have so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson