Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the silver sedan was parked at the residence and/or belonged to a neighborhood resident then it's more likely this vehicle was not the same silver sedan where the owner was sought by investigators to interview.

(The owner of the SUV/trailblazer did come forward -- did not reside in Churchill Heights).

MOO

dbm, not accurate

Last edited:
At the root of this whole thing, it's the most frightening situation... You've got an attentive mother (as described people who knew her), a neighbor who looks just like any of us with NO criminal history whatsoever.... <modsnip: CT has not been officially named as the perpetrator of this crime>. Then, without any explanation or any amount of detail or anything, ends his own life (presumably). This story is from my NIGHTMARES. Our children are NEVER safe.

At the root of this whole thing, it's the most frightening situation... You've got an attentive mother (as described people who knew her), a neighbor who looks just like any of us with NO criminal history whatsoever.... <modsnip: CT has not been officially named as the perpetrator of this crime>. Then, without any explanation or any amount of detail or anything, ends his own life (presumably). This story is from my NIGHTMARES. Our children are NEVER safe.

THIS!!!! ALL THIS!!!

it looks like the trash cans are individual and not like a big dumpster for all apartments. Maybe something was found specifically in his trash and. MOO

Correct. From the link: "Police found a critical piece of evidence in the trash can of one of Faye’s neighbors. That led them back to a man’s house -- the man who was also found dead." and further down "The evidence found was something that was listed on her missing person flyer, police said." www.nbc12.com/2020/02/14/investigators-ready-share-new-information-homicide-case-year-old-faye-swetlik/

From the video here: www.wistv.com/2020/02/14/man-found-dead-near-body-year-old-faye-swetlik-identified-year-old-neighbor/ it looks like each townhouse has it's own trashcan. Common for any townhouse I've ever lived in (quite a few).

Not directed at anyone in particular, but I keep reading that police previously talked to him and searched his home. One news agency has even reported that, but what I heard a the press conference was that they had just "been in his home." That could just be, "knock, knock; hello, sir, we're in the neighborhood looking for a missing girl, may we come in and talk to you? great, thanks," steps inside and asks questions and leaves. No search. I know we get tied up in knots about whether it's a quote from LE or an interpretation by media, and I think this is one of those cases. Maybe I heard (*or remember) wrong.

"Sergeant and Public Information Officer Evan Antley said at a press conference Friday that police spoke to Taylor and searched his home after Swetlik went missing earlier this week. Taylor's residence is only about "100 to 150 feet" away from Swetlik's, Antley said.
Police ID second body found in Faye Swetlik case

Last edited:
In re to evidence in the trash, LE mentioned it was something mentioned on the missing flyer. It was probably a clothing item of Faye's.

Yesterday LE stated that they identified the SUV occupants. I wonder if those occupants gave info to recheck on a residence they were at before. JMO

And that is the problem. Every potential criminal has a clean record at some point. Every one of them has a first time. They often go unnoticed until that first time happens. :(

"Sergeant and and Public Information Officer Evan Antley said at a press conference Friday that police spoke to Taylor and searched his home after Swetlik went missing earlier this week. Taylor's residence is only about "100 to 150 feet" away from Swetlik's, Antley said.
Police ID second body found in Faye Swetlik case
Right. that is exactly my point - the media is inferring something from what was said at the press conference, IMO. They can draw all the conclusions they want, but they should identify them as such, IMO. There was a time I assumed they must've had additional information, but my experience has been that is not always (or even often) the case.

Also, here's the actual quote from the article:
"Our evidence and our investigation shows that they are linked," Sergeant and and Public Information Officer Evan Antley said at a press conference Friday. Antley said Taylor was a neighbor of Swetlik's, but emphasized that he was "not a relative, he was not a friend."

According to the sergeant, police spoke to Taylor and searched his home after Swetlik went missing earlier this week. Taylor's residence is only about "100 to 150 feet" away from Swetlik's, Antley said."

That is quite different from what you "quoted." Maybe it changed after you posted it?

From @JohnnyChicago 's fabulous transcript of the press conference, they merely said, "We had talked to Mr Taylor. We had been inside his home."

Here is most of the transcript from the press conference this morning ( 2/14/2020). Minus last question asking how the family is doing right now. There may be a few errors in spelling. Hopefully I managed to correct and find most.
Evan Antley and coroner Margaret Fisher are speaking.

"Good morning
My name is Evan Antley the sergeant and public information officer with a Cayce Department of Public Safety. I'd like to welcome you here and thank you for your patience . In the beginning we promised you daily case updates and that's what we're here to do today. Before we get into this too far I won't ever want to continue to pray for Faye Swetlik. This has been a horrible situation for our community and department. I want to thank you for your patience with us as a department. Yesterday was a tough day possibly the toughest in some of our law enforcement careers.
Some of you have requested 911 audio from the initial report. I'm happy to say that we have that for you. This morning . They have been redacting personal information over the last few hours. I will have that out for you in a few short minutes after this press conference.
Yesterday you saw investigators and agents with SLED and the Federal Bureau of Investigation following city of Cayce Municipal sanitation trucks through the neighborhood of Churchill Heights emptying trash cans and looking to see what came out before it was entered into the truck.
As part of that search a critical item of evidence related to our investigation of bringing Faye Swetlik home. Based on that discovery, we narrowed down a area that we felt as an investigative team that we needed to go back to and look for more evidence. Director Byron Snellgrove and other leaders area planning another methodical a another search of the area even though we've been there multiple times . We were going back . During the early planning stages of that search, director Byron Snellgrove located the body of Faye Marie Swetlik.
What we can tell you is this investigation in based on the information on the preliminary information that we received from the coroner's office had not been in that location for a very long time at all. A short time later after locating Faye Marie Swetlik, we located a deceased male at 602 Picadilly Square and what I'ld like to do now is to let Lexington County coroner Margaret Fisher step up to make ID on that person.

Margaret Fisher: Hey everybody I want to say thank you okay so diligently and thank you for your patience and allow in my office and all the other law enforcement agencies to to handle business and to get me information we need and you guys have been so patient with waiting on all the news releasesy so we really do appreciate that.
I'm here to identify the male that was found at the scene. I'll spell his name is going to be a Caucasian male . He is 30 years old. His first name is Coty. Middle name is Scott. Last name is Taylor. He did reside at 602 Picadilly Square and as you know the autospy for him will probably be on Saturday as well and we won't know any information on the cause of death until after the autopsy is completed and then at that time will I'm sure we'll do another news release and give you that information but it's going to be Saturday probably by Saturday afternoon we'll know more about about him okay. Thank you.

Evan Antley: I've got more to give you so there's a lot of questions out there what I can tell you is this the male body that was just identified as Coty Taylor and our investigation does link these two together that he was a neighbor he was not a relative. He was not a friend. He was merely a neighbor who lived in Churchill Heights. At this time I want to assure you our community and all of our parents out there that there is no no reason to believe that there is not an active threat in the Churchill Heights community or the city of Cayce as a whole.
We have no suspects at this time.
We have made no arrests.
And We are not seeking any Persons of Interest as of this time.
Lastly i want to say this, again this has been a tragic for our community for our Department for everyone who has been following the story of Faye Marie Swetlik. We want to thank the community for their tips. Without them we may not be where we are. We want to thank that neighborhood we went in there and turned their lives upside down we made them leave for work we searched their homes and we invaded their privacy.
But we did it for a reason and we had a goal
This is not the outcome we wanted, but this is where we are and our work continues to bring Justice for Faye Marie Swetlik, I do have time for questions. There are some things about this investigation and I'm not going to be able to tell you about. But i do have time for questions and we can take those now.
Yes sir in the back

Question: Did you say where they were both found? IF they were both found in his residence and if so where?

Antley: I can answer that for you, so her body, Faye Marie Swetlik was located in a wooded area between her residence and the NAPA Auto Parts where we did our briefings earlier in the week.
The body of Coty Taylor was located at his residence, but I'm not going to get into specifics but it was it was at his residence .

Question: ..............are you able to detail the piece of evidence found behind the trash can
Yes ma'am, so I just I want to clarify we do still have an open investigation that right now what we are looking at is just what i gave you, but because we don't have any suspects now, we want to make sure there's not anyone else involved in The Disappearance of Faye Marie Swetlik so I can tell you it was a critical piece of evidence and what i can confirm it is it was a critical piece of evidence that would have been listed on the missing persons flyer

Next question

Question: do you believe that Coty killed Faye?
Answer: I can't comment on an ongoing investigation again, but what i will tell you is that they (Coty and Swetlik) are linked
Question: Where was the evidence found?
A: yes in a trashcan belonging to 602 Picadilly Square which is the residence of Coty Taylor in the back.

Question :
How close is his house to her house?

A: a hundred 250 ft so all in that area there is Londonderry Square 100 to 150 ft has two lanes of right next to each other

Question : Did Coty Taylor have a criminal record or was he known to ........
A: He has no criminal history and he was not known to law enforcement

Question: ...........was his death a homicide and do you have a date of birth for him
Coroner: I'm not going to stand up here and speculate on his cause of death at this time we're going to wait to cooperate with her friends of pathologist before we say anything about that I do have a date of birth for him it is 3/19/1989 they will know more about his cause of death tomorrow.

Question: Have you searched Mr. Taylor's home before law enforcement found him?

A: We had talked to Mr Taylor. We had been inside his home.

Question: Was the body of Faye buried or was it......

A: I am not gonna comment on the condition of her body. It would be insensitive at this time

Question: .......asking about DNA
"They are linked, I cannot give you the specifics on how"

A: We want more information about Coty Taylor starting at 3:44 Monday afternoon up until the time that we announced that we have found his body.

Edited to add the quote from the article as it was shown when I read it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member