GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by OkieGranny, Sep 9, 2014.

1. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

What religion is this?

2. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

Is it normal to list his income in cases like this? I keep seeing it listed and found it odd. But I also found it odd that he made at least $70,000 in SC and they lived in a single wide trailer. Housing isn't expensive there.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

From what I have read, yes it was much like that, I will see if I can find the article again.

ETA:
    Here it is:
    ‘My babies! Oh God!’ Ex-wife of child killer Tim Jones collapses on witness stand

“I though ‘Wow’ — This guy has it together,” testified Kyzer, who married Jones just six weeks after the two met He seemed perfect — enrolled in school, involved in an Apostolic Pentecostal church, employed and making plans to attend medical school.

The church was strict. Women were not allowed to cut their hair. They could not wear pants, make-up or jewelry. “Tim’s motto was a woman is supposed to be fruitful and multiply. A woman is supposed to listen to her husband ... He wanted a farmful (of children).”

Tim’s view was “women are to be seen and not heard. I was merely to take care of the children and to keep them out of his way and to do as he asked as my husband,” she testified.

[When she decided to leave the marriage in 2012, she was seeing another man, Shawn Kyzer, to whom she is now married. The two have a young daughter, she testified.

Read more here: ‘My babies! Oh God!’ Ex-wife of child killer Tim Jones collapses on witness stand

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. Spellbound

Yes, it is quite common to note the incomes of these cases.

5. Kavya01

Kavya01 Well-Known Member

‘My babies! Oh God!’ Ex-wife of child killer Tim Jones collapses on witness stand

From her own testimony (BBM):

She was 19 and hadn’t graduated from high school; he was a whip-smart math and computer whiz who was going places, she told the jury.

“I though ‘Wow’ — This guy has it together,” testified Kyzer, who married Jones just six weeks after the two met He seemed perfect — enrolled in school, involved in an Apostolic Pentecostal church, employed and making plans to attend medical school.

MizStery, kimpage, Mitch11 and 3 others like this.
  6. Kavya01

Oh ha Spellbound sorry I never saw your post before I posted. That particular religion seems to champion the kind of ideology that just breeds power abuse. Some men's dream I am sure. :confused:

kimpage, Mitch11, Alcina and 3 others like this.
  7. Spellbound

8. Kavya01

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 17m17 minutes ago

The jury is now listening to a recording where Creech is talking with Jones on their way to finding the childrens' bodies in Alabama.

Tim Scott
    ‏ @TimScottTV 14m14 minutes ago

Jones starts to tear up again as he listens to the interview. On the tape, he tells Creech that he triple-bagged the bodies, saying that's why "there are no vultures around."

MizStery, kimpage, Alcina and 3 others like this.
  9. Kavya01

I can't handle watching so I merely read the tweets but the fact that he considered triple bagging the little corpses would keep vultures at bay smacks of careful planning to me.

MizStery, kimpage, poco and 7 others like this.
  10. Kavya01

"Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 4m4 minutes ago

On the tape, Jones elaborates on why he got upset when he saw his son, Nahtahn, playing with electrical outlets. Reiterates that he could have killed himself. He also talks about the voices in his head telling him to do certain things. "

I have been wondering if the defense is going to have an expert now who's going to give a schizophrenia diagnosis. I really have this impression that they are going for a "yes he did it but the voices made him do it, poor guy" defense. Wonder what the jury would make of that.

MizStery, kimpage, Alcina and 3 others like this.
  11. Kavya01

Also because he was given custody and had not really seemed to exhibit symptoms before and onset of schizophrenia at the age of 34 is really uncommon, usually happens at much younger ages, specially in men.

kimpage, Mitch11, Alcina and 6 others like this.
  12. Kavya01

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 9m9 minutes ago

The recording wraps up. Defense attorney Rob Madsen asks some more follow up questions. Creech asked Jones if the reason why he did what he did had to do with the DSS visit or his wife taking him to family court. Jones said those thoughts were not on his mind.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 7m7 minutes ago

Judge Griffith sends the jury out of the room for a quick break. Prior to the break, Creech says when he asked Jones if he did the right thing, he responded "What do you mean did the right thing? I killed my f***ing kids."

MizStery, kimpage and Spellbound like this.
  13. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2h2 hours ago
    After a nearly two-hour lunch break, the jury comes back into the courtroom.

Up on the stand: Deputy Adam Creech of the Lexington County Sheriff's Dept. Deputy Creech was in the room with FBI Special Agent David Mackey during the second interview with Jones on Sept. 7

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 2h2 hours ago
    The defense has called its second witness, Sgt. Anthony Creech with the Lexington County Sheriff's Department. Here's a look inside the courtroom. @wis10

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Creech is giving his account of the events leading up to his interview with Jones. He is breaking down a day-by-day overview of where Jones went with the bodies up until his arrest on September 6.

Creech says he didn't initially detect a pattern as to why Jones kept going back and forth to Lexington County. He says he reached out to several sheriff's departments in South Carolina and Georgia to see if they could obtain surveillance video.

Creech says he talked to Amber Kyzer (Jones's ex-wife) on September 5, hearing that Jones did not show up to their scheduled visitation at the Lexington Chick-fil-

Creech says Stacy Jones (the forensics expert who testified last week) took him to the place where they kept Timothy Jones's car prior to the interview.

When they read him his Waiver of Rights, Jones told Mackey and Creech that he would be incriminating himself, but he agreed to talk with them and signed the form.

14. YESorNO

An hour and a half into the interview in Mississippi with Jones, Sgt. Creech testifies "much to my embarrassment to this day--the audio recorder was not on." Defense is hammering this point--more to come. @wis10

The defense points out that about an hour and a half into the interview, the interviewers realized the tape recorder wasn't working. Creech says Jones was "very nervous, almost on edge" and he wanted to talk about other things to calm him down.

Timothy Jones Jr. begins crying in the courtroom as Sgt. Creech talks about the confession he gave in Mississippi. Much like earlier in the trial, Jones is crying and dabbing his eyes---but I don't see any actual tears falling. @wis10

Sgt. Creech testifies Jones told deputies it "wasn't the first time" he had thought about hurting the children. @wis10

"Part of me says I’m their father and a father should never hurt their children, but another part of me says “f*** it, they’re already dead," Jones told investigators according to testimony from Sgt. Creech. @wis10

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 1h1 hour ago
    With Creech going into more details about the interview he did with Jones, Judge Griffith sends the jury out of the room for a quick break.

15. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Plus, he looked up schizophrenia and how people who have it speak. He was going for insanity before he was caught.

MizStery, Queena, kimpage and 7 others like this.
  16. YESorNO

The jury returns to the room, and Creech is back on the stand fielding questions from the defense.

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 1h1 hour ago
    Here's a close-up of Jones crying in court. People express emotion in many different ways--I just don't see any sign of tears. @wis10

[​IMG]

Here is Jones getting emotional during Creech's testimony.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Caroline Hecker‏Verified account @CHecker_WIS 1h1 hour ago
    It's interesting to note--we've seen Tim Jones cry listening to his confession to police in Mississippi throughout the last few days--but when his ex-wife--the mother of his children--sat wailing on the stand--he displayed absolutely no emotion. @wis10

[​IMG]

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 57m57 minutes ago
    Right now an audio recording of Sgt Creech speaking with #TimothyJones on the way to the children’s bodies is playing for the jury @wachfox

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 53m53 minutes ago
    Correction: on the way back

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 58m58 minutes ago
    The jury is now listening to a recording where Creech is talking with Jones on their way to finding the childrens' bodies in Alabama.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 56m56 minutes ago
    Jones starts to tear up again as he listens to the interview. On the tape, he tells Creech that he triple-bagged the bodies, saying that's why "there are no vultures around."

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 56m56 minutes ago
    #TimothyJones cries as the audio plays of him crying saying “I’m so sorry” #TimothyJonesTrial @wachfox

[​IMG]

MizStery, kimpage, Alcina and 4 others like this.
  17. YESorNO

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 44m44 minutes ago
    On the tape, Jones elaborates on why he got upset when he saw his son, Nahtahn, playing with electrical outlets. Reiterates that he could have killed himself. He also talks about the voices in his head telling him to do certain things.

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 31m31 minutes ago
    Creech also says #TimothyJones told him he drove the children around for so long because he “didn’t want to say goodbye” #TimothyJonesTrial @wachfox

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 38m38 minutes ago
    The recording wraps up. Defense attorney Rob Madsen asks some more follow up questions.

Creech asked Jones if the reason why he did what he did had to do with the DSS visit or his wife taking him to family court. Jones said those thoughts were not on his mind.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 36m36 minutes ago
    Judge Griffith sends the jury out of the room for a quick break.

Prior to the break, Creech says when he asked Jones if he did the right thing, he responded "What do you mean did the right thing? I killed my f***ing kids."

18. YESorNO

MizStery, kimpage, Alice253 and 2 others like this.
  19. Kavya01

Yup.

kimpage, Alice253 and Spellbound like this.
  20. YESorNO

kimpage, Alice253 and Spellbound like this.
  21. YESorNO

The state rests in the murder trial of Timothy Jones Jr.
    Defense of man who's accused of killing his five children resumes in Lexington County Court

May 22, 2019

"LEXINGTON, S.C. — The defense has begun presenting its case in the trial of Timothy Jones Jr., the man charged with murder in the death of his five children....

After seven days of testimony and over 30 witnesses, the prosecution rested its case Wednesday morning. Before it did, the day began with testimony from investigator Michael Phipps, a digital forensic examiner with the Lexington County Sheriffs Office. His job is to examine anything digital that has data that might have relevant to a case.

Phipps was in court to testify about the archival evidence found on the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone found in Jones’ Escalade at the time of his arrest on Sep. 6 in Smith County, Mississippi....

Defense Gets Underway

As the defense team begins to mount its case, Judge Griffin tells the jury that to expect. The State has presented all of their evidence, the defense will now begin.

The State has to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt.

The defense may rely on the preponderance of evidence....

Jones has pled guilty by reason of insanity. His guilty plea would allow one of four possible outcomes in the trial: guilty, guilty by reason of insanity, not guilty by mental defect, or not guilty.

If found guilty, the death penalty would not be automatic. Jurors would then be asked to consider extenuating circumstances and could sentence Jones to life without parole rather than death."

The state rests in the murder trial of Timothy Jones Jr.

MizStery, kimpage, Mitch11 and 2 others like this.