GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 16m16 minutes ago
“He sentenced those kids to death,” Hubbard says. @WLTX

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 14m14 minutes ago
Hubbard asks the jury if Jones Jr. "is the worst of the worst or does the word 'mercy' come to the surface?" Says once Jones Jr. found Nahtahn dead, he "became the executioner" and "sentenced the children to death."

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 13m13 minutes ago
So far, I’ve not seen Jones Jr wipe his eyes. However, I am sitting behind him and there are a lot of people in the courtroom. @WLTX

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 10m10 minutes ago
Hubbard says Jones Jr. acted selfishly in the murders of the four other children, even though the two oldest appealed for mercy and the two youngest couldn't speak.
Throughout the statement, Jones Jr. has remained very stoic, not really wiping his eyes or reacting in general.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 7m7 minutes ago
Hubbard says Jones Jr. could not see the beauty in his own family, saying he couldn't bear to have his children love no one other than him.
He also says Jones isn't the product of a "bad DNA milkshake"; instead, he made his own choices and killed "five little treasures."

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 9m9 minutes ago
“He’s not the product of a bad DNA milkshake,” Hubbard says about Jones Jr. @WLTX

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 8m8 minutes ago
Jones Sr has been keeping his head down the last few minutes. His other son is rubbing his back @WLTX

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 5m5 minutes ago
Solicitor Hubbard is talking about the phone call recording we heard earlier, in which Jones Jr said Amber was the catalyst. @WLTX

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2m2 minutes ago
Hubbard brings up the phone call Jones Jr. made to his family while in custody, talking about how he blamed Nahtahn and Amber for what happened. He asks the jury if this man deserves mercy.
D88tJgWWwAAAYYS.jpg

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 28m28 minutes ago
Hubbard is going over in detail how Timothy Jones killed each of his five children. Hubbard cries out, "Why the younger ones? They couldn't talk! They wouldn't talk to the police." @wachfox

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 13m13 minutes ago
Hubbard tells the jury “maybe” another dad would hear Jones’ death sentence and get off the wrong track. @WLTX

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 25m25 minutes ago
Hubbard is showing the jury the photo of the five garbage bags with the children inside from the recovery site in rural Alabama. "They no longer have names..." he says as he lists off their evidence numbers. #TimothyJones @wachfox

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 23m23 minutes ago
Hubbard criticizes the defense's use of jaded Jones family history and calls it an excuse, "He's not the product of a bad DNA milkshake." #TimothyJones @wachfox

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 9m9 minutes ago
Hubbard starts showing the jury pictures of the children, describing their unique characteristics and what made them "human beings...not just pictures."

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2m2 minutes ago
Hubbard tells the jury if they're still looking for an appropriate punishment and if they have any doubt of what Jones thought of his children, all they need to do is "look in the bag", referring to the five garbage bags with their bodies found in Alabama.

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 1m1 minute ago
Solicitor Hubbard finishes impassioned closing argument at just under an hour. Tells the jury if they have any doubt of what sentence to give, to look at the autopsy photos of how the children were found. @WLTX

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 4m4 minutes ago
Hubbard wraps up his closing argument. He spoke to the jury for about an hour. The jury is taking a break and will come back to hear the defense shortly. #TimothyJones @wachfox

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 5m5 minutes ago
Hubbard wraps up his closing statement, clocking it at just under 55 minutes. Judge Griffith calls for a 15-minute break. Defense's closing statement will begin shortly after that.

I agree completely, YESorNO. The ole red hanky did not come out one single time during prosecutor's closing. Just a look of utter contempt on Tim's face. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to defense counsel's closing.

He'll cry his eyes out..because he's "sick" and it's not his fault, etc, etc.......:rolleyes:

He'll cry his eyes out..because he's "sick" and it's not his fault, etc, etc.......:rolleyes:

I know you are right! I struggle with the death penalty in general as many others do. In this case, it is warranted. However, I believe he will suffer far more for his crimes if his life is spared. Not because of guilt, but because of the treatment he will receive from his prison peers.

I know you are right! I struggle with the death penalty in general as many others do. In this case, it is warranted. However, I believe he will suffer far more for his crimes if his life is spared. Not because of guilt, but because of the treatment he will receive from his prison peers.

You (and Spellbound) are right- it might be better if he receives LWOP. Just imagine his life with the convicts that abhor child killers....

(I an not a proponent of the DP)

FWIW My hubby worked in Admin of prisons for 44 years, and I worked in the one for the Criminally Insane for 3. Child molestors and child murders are highly protected because the State can be liable for any harm coming to them. So they are segregated. Your run of the mill inmates that get into fights in general pop are much higher risk of harm. If the death penalty was the more humane option, you would not see inmates fight it to the death (no pun) to avoid it, they would ask for it. They are scared out of their minds to be put to death. They want to live.

Oh, so let's not give Tim the death penalty, because everyone has already endured enough death in this case? Well, I guess so. Five murdered children constitutes a heck of a lot of death.

This guy is going to have to do better than this . . .

FWIW My hubby worked in Admin of prisons for 44 years, and I worked in the one for the Criminally Insane for 3. Child molestors and child murders are highly protected because the State can be liable for any harm coming to them. So they are segregated. Your run of the mill inmates that get into fights in general pop are much higher risk of harm. If the death penalty was the more humane option, you would not see inmates fight it to the death (no pun) to avoid it, they would ask for it. They are scared out of their minds to be put to death. They want to live.

Well, in that case, Tim needs to go to meet his maker.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 3m3 minutes ago
Casey Secor of the defense begins his closing statement, asking the jury "how much more death does this family have to endure?"

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 7m7 minutes ago
Defense attorney, Casey Secor, begins his closing argument at 11:13am @WLTX

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 5m5 minutes ago
Casey Secor is closing for the defense. Secor asks the jury how many more deaths and funerals do the Jones family need? #TimothyJones @wachfox

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 3m3 minutes ago
“I couldn’t imagine being in Tim’s position,” Secor says, continuing that Jones Jr is fortunate that his family hasn’t turned on him. Says the jury has to punish severely but show compassion to family of the children @WLTX

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 2m2 minutes ago
Secor is highlighting the work Jones Sr did in interrogate Jones Jr, with law enforcement, after the arrest. @WLTX

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 2m2 minutes ago
“At every point... they did the right thing... we can thank them by not putting Tim to death,” Secor says @WLTX

Well, in that case, Tim needs to go to meet his maker.

I could not agree more.

I am personally for the DP, but that would give Inmate something to be in the law books for working on his appeal, and there are many outside groups against the DP that take interest in certain cases, and I wouldn't want him to get that attention. He would so love to get that kind of attention from an outside person/group, so my conflict comes from that. If he gets life, he's forgotten after appeals of this trial fail, which is fairly quickly. No attention for Inmate. But being afraid of the DP makes me giddy.

So, at the end of the day, I respect what the jury decides and am deeply grateful his insanity ploy failed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back