SC - Gloria Satterfield, Murdaugh family housekeeper, 2018 Trip & Fall Insurance Fraud

@TheEricBland

Regarding the Steven Smith investigation, my frustration regarding the slow pace got the best of me this week so I called Chief Keel with Sled. He was straightforward with me. He told me that unfortunately Stephen’s investigation got sidelined this fall because of all the Alex Murdaugh machinations regarding alleged jury tampering and preparations for the November 27 Gloria Satterfield trial. He said now that Alex Murdaugh has pled guilty to the financial crimes charges on the state level, SLED will turn its attention back to Stephen’s investigation. Chief Keel told me that the investigation is “very much active” and that “there are a number of issues and leads they are pursuing”. I have found him to always be honest with me so I will take him at his word. EB

6:04 PM · Nov 22, 2023

For two years, the family of Gloria Satterfield has watched Alex Murdaugh in the public eye, first as a grieving man whose wife and son were mysteriously murdered, then as a suspect in their deaths, and ultimately, as the convicted killer who continues to proclaim his innocence.

On Tuesday, the Satterfield family will be able to do something they have been waiting for: address Murdaugh directly.

Their once-trusted lawyer, who they believed was going to help them after Gloria Satterfield’s death in 2018, is set to be sentenced in a South Carolina court on almost two dozen counts of financial crimes, including money laundering, fraud and breach of trust, for schemes against his clients as well as his family’s law firm, according to state prosecutors.

Financial victims of Alex Murdaugh ready to speak out at sentencing: 'You’re a thief and a liar'

Nov. 24, 2023

A lawyer representing a family of victims in the financial crimes of disgraced lawyer and convicted killer Alex Murdaugh says he and his clients are planning to confront Murdaugh in court and offered a preview of what he intends to say, according to a report.

Murdaugh, who faces another 27 years behind bars for the offenses after pleading guilty, has a sentencing hearing set for Tuesday after pleading guilty to the financial offenses.

At one time, Murdaugh was the trusted lawyer of Gloria Satterfield’s family. She was employed by Murdaugh as a housekeeper and died at age 57 at his home after tripping and falling in 2018. He had been accused of conspiring to defraud Satterfield’s estate and insurance company out of millions of dollars as part of a wrongful death settlement.

Eric Bland, who represents the Satterfield family, said one of her adult sons and her sister will address Murdaugh in an opportunity they've all been waiting for, according to NBC.

Lawyer for Alex Murdaugh Victims Speaks out Ahead of Sentencing for Financial Crimes: 'Let's Not Sugarcoat What You Did'

11/26/23

Satterfield family faced convicted killer Alex Murdaugh.Gloria Satterfield’s son, Tony says, “I forgive you and I will pray for you.”Murdaugh said “thank you” Murdaugh agreed to a plea deal for a string of financial crimes that could put him in state prison up to 27 years.

Where is TS?

It doesn’t get any better than this photograph. Such worthy clients are the Satterfields. The greatest reward for me as an attorney is to do a good job for people who have been bullied and victimized by bad people. No one qualifies more than Alex Murdaugh as a bad and evil person. I know my clients forgive Alex because they are God-fearing and decent people. I am more of an Old Testament guy And I cannot forgive that . When he went on his filibuster this afternoon, and he was speaking about how the media and people on the Internet have told lies about him I got up and walked out. EB

1701206782105.png

Alex Murdaugh Sentencing: The victims of Alex Murdaugh's financial crimes had the chance to speak directly to Alex today in the courtroom during his sentencing hearing. Murdaugh has pleaded guilty to charges including money laundering and forgery, white collar crimes that will carry an unprecedented sentence of 27 years.Murdaugh spoke for 50 minutes in his orange prison jumpsuit, apologizing for the hurt he caused the victims and reiterating that he didn't hurt Paul or Maggie.

Related to sentencing on Tuesday, what a contrast between the impassioned, articulate, and heart-felt statements delivered by Alex‘s victims and their attorneys, compared to the empty, self-centered blathering (IMHO) by AM. Me thinks thou dost protest too much — only thing he’s really sorry about was getting caught. MOO. MOO.

But of course our unshakable and beloved Judge Newman, saw right though AM. So glad CN again shared his own wise thoughts with the sentence.

Recording of FitsNews live coverage on Tues., Nov. 28: https://youtube.com/watch?v=C7MTDnloSTg

@TheEricBland

It’s inconceivable that the Satterfields received $0 when they have a 4.3 million dollar judgment against #AlexMurdaugh. Our @BlandRichterSC law firm will be filing a motion to reconsider. Watch my interview with @NewsNation now:

Lawyers for the Satterfield family have recovered more than $7.5 million for their clients from other parties involved with Murdaugh’s scheme to take the settlement money himself.

However, none of that money came directly from Nautilus, the attorneys argued.

“There’s a signed settlement agreement in which Nautilus Insurance Company agrees to pay the Satterfields $3.8 million,” Richter said. “That did not happen. That payment was intercepted by Alex Murdaugh and stolen.”

The attorneys say that Murdaugh’s shifting story about what led to Satterfield’s death is a “false narrative.”

On the heels of Murdaugh’s federal sentencing hearing for bilking millions of dollars from his clients, journalist NG, co-author of "Behind The Doors of Justice: The Murdaugh Murders," donated to foundations established through the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry to honor Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield, and he’s pledging to donate even more to charities benefitting crime victims’ families.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back