SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who might have rented a condo for the week nearby? Are any of those condos timeshare condos?

I haven't seen anyone post Heather's Tumblr account yet but, here it is (NSFW):

http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/

Also, looking at the RSS time stamps, she posted 10 times between 01:53:05 and 02:09:48 on Wed, 18 Dec 2013 [putting her at home in front of her computer - ?]

Attachments

• Heather-Tumblr-RSS.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 97
I'm a local who has been following this story from day 1. I don't have much to add except:

1. If I were driving from the apartment she was last seen at to Peachtree, I would have taken Forestbrook Road personally, not 31.

2. I cannot quote who or where I heard this from, but I have been told her car was not processed before being released for her dad to drive it home. Which brings me to my next statement...

3. I do not have faith in the police department here. At all. There is never any sense of urgency in anything for them it seems, and I have seen many people say they have tried to call with tips that may or may not be of relevance and none of their calls have been returned. This upsets me very much.

4. I don't feel this is in any way connected to Brittany Drexel's case. I have always felt with her case, the suspect was someone from out of town, being that it was on the boulevard on spring break when she dissappeared. With Heather's case, I feel it is most likely someone local who knows the area well. I think they need to look at back road areas. For some reason somewhere like Watertower Road is calling to me... right off 31. Long dark isolated road that I always feel uneasy driving down at night.

Just my own little opinion.. take it or leave it. I hope she is found soon, and I hope she is safe, but unfortunately, it's not looking so good.

BBM for reference, TY!

That's good to know. I'm single and in 40s as well but am new to the area, so I guess I'm still feeling my way as to where is safe to go alone at night. Still, anywhere you get people drinking heavily can have incidents once in a while.

No, I focused more on that intersection area because it seemed the likeliest route for her to go to get somewhere, especially if she just moved in a few weeks before. And because it had a lot of activity on the crime maps.

I wonder how familiar someone would have to be with the area to know they could go out the other way? If her car isn't seem passing Fantails that could be a clue itself.

I was thinking along the same lines about the cameras. A person could go out River Oaks and access Hiway 31 or continue around and come out at the Carolina Forest shopping center. There are a few shops, stores and fast food places along the route that may have cameras.

Welcome jbluesky, jkloc420 and all new members! Thank you for your local input!!!! (Sorry if I've missed anyone!)

:welcome:

I was just driving around the area and took some photos--not sure how helpful they'll be or what I have to do with them formatting-wise to post.

In words, several things jumped out at me...

-- Behind her condo is a drainage pond/golf course waterway. I could not tell how deep it is. I did find something odd along its edges a few buildings down, which I took a photo of and called in to police. I hope they get there to check it out before it disappears.

--there were 6 or so cars parked in front of her building--a lot more than other buildings, but the roommate may have come back and have others staying with her.

--there's a Jack Russell terrier on the second floor who was quick to bark when I got out of the car. But it looks like they may have had their front door open, which probably wouldn't be the case in the middle of the night. The owner definitely is not a college student.

--each condo seems to have an outdoor storage room outside of their unit, on the same floor, but near the stairs. Since she recently moved in, could she have been going there to get/put something away.

--There are train tracks that cross River Oaks Drive within maybe a quarter mile (I'm bad at judging distances though).

--At the intersection of her road and Waccamaw Blvd (which runs below but along the 501 overpass right there) is Golf Dimensions and Bob Evans. Neither had cameras that I could see.

--the only place right around there that I suspect would be open in the midnight-3 AM range would be (on the right--the other side of GD) Fantails and (behind it) Waccamaw Bowling lanes. The latter is very run down looking from the outside. Fantails has a ton of lights and cameras outside. None would probably catch anyone at the intersection (GD is a really long building), but to get to 31 (the fastest way IMO to the landing), they would have to drive by it.

--further up that road toward 31 is a BP with convenience store. Further up and to the left (across 501) is a Food Lion.

--Back at the intersection and to the left, past Bob Evans, is a small strip with a Midas, consignment shop that may not be in business, Lebanese deli and Magoo's bar. Not sure what that is like, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going there alone given the neighborhood.

--Then a golf academy and another small strip with Ron John's in it. I think someone got stabbed outside of there not too long ago, but I think it may have been a bar fight that got out of hand.

--across 501 is a flooring shop on the left, and a Shell with a run-down looking convenience store. However, this one would probably be faster and more convenient than the BP.

--there's a desolate lot between Shell and 501. Hang a right by the Shell and in a short distance you'll come to Danny's Bar and then Tiffany Cabaret.

--go straight or turn left and you have the former Hard Rock amusement park, now deserted with rides being sold off.

--If she got on 501 heading south, she'd be heading toward the mall and a lot if big nix stores. But there are some restaurants in and around there, though no fast food unless she went all the way out to 17.

Does that help at all?

Your boots on the ground reports are great! Gives us non-locals a perspective we wouldn't otherwise have.

Have you driven out to PTL, would love to hear your observations.

Just want to send out some virtual treats to all the K9s assisting with the search for Heather also!

:beagle: :beagle: :beagle: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :beagle: :beagle: :beagle:

Go doggies! Go find Heather!!!

Ok, hypothetically in case there could have been a boat docked in the area...where might that boat go from the landing...(brainstorming)...the answer is anywhere. :( Where are the next closest beaches, inlets, docks....thinking about fishing boats....

If I remember correctly, Heather returned home and called her roommate in Florida and spoke with her about the nice time she had on her date. She got off the phone, and was home alone. When I worked nights, it wasn't unusual for me to meet up with my co-workers after their late shift ended when I had the night off. Maybe she was wide awake, had no work the next day, so maybe without calling anyone, she was just going to stop by work so she had some company but then something happened along the way that ended her car at peach tree boat ramp.
My other fear is that her ex caught wind of the date and went to talk to Heather that night about it and she trusted him.

<<respectfully snipped>>

Has the date, former boyfriend and call to her roommate even been confirmed? An unnamed mother in a single article briefly mentioned a date and a call. Someone who just joined mentioned a former boyfriend, a recent move to an apartment/condo without any source info. Nothing on the official page or in the rest of the media reports mentions Heather at her mother's home, a former boyfriend, a date on Tuesday night, a time she returned home (mother's or her own) nor a phone call to her roommate.

I'm not leery of these possible facts -- just don't want to develop theories until we KNOW they are facts.

Can anyone confirm, from a reliable source, that there was a date, a call, a boyfriend or even that she went to her mother's home (as opposed to her going to her parents' home)?

I wonder if LE checked the seating position in the car? She stood just at 5'1 so pretty much someone from 5'1 to 5'3 or so could reach the pedal at her seat range. Have they put someone in that seat to determine what heighth the last individual driving this vehicle could have being or do you think they thought of this before moving the seat to look for clues?

Bars:

Restaurants:

Convenience Stores / Gas Stations:

<going to pick up here / feel free to fill in the blanks if I'm not back in a few! I have to run...I bolded some of these points in the last few pages via locals' posts. >

Could she have maybe had car trouble, broke down and called a wrecker, or tow driver....maybe someone not so nice stopped to help...how much gas was in the car...

Welcome 25 Guests! Please join us with your local insight and input! Help us find Heather! The more minds, bodies and resources, the better!

:welcome:

:truce:
Could she have maybe had car trouble, broke down and called a wrecker, or tow driver....maybe someone not so nice stopped to help...how much gas was in the car...

Peachtree Landing dead ends there, it's pitch black and off the beaten path so I think she would have to have gone with someone or was meeting someone there.
Do towing company keep records of all calls?

I hope Enterprise landing is also thoroughly checked, it's 5 1/2 miles by car from Peachtree Landing.

Shouldn't the police be the ones doing the updating in this case. They should be at least telling people what's going on. They haven't even said their looking for her cell phone. Maybe they should call in the F.B.I and let them handle this.

:truce:

Peachtree Landing dead ends there, it's pitch black and off the beaten path so I think she would have to have gone with someone or was meeting someone there.
Do towing company keep records of all calls?

I hope Enterprise landing is also thoroughly checked, it's 5 1/2 miles by car from Peachtree Landing.

I was actually thinking along the lines of her breaking down at another location, then the perp dumping her car there later (not leaving her car there because it might reveal she had broken down there and could point to a wrecker, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member