SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
they did it on the perp in the alexis murphy case (why that case (not alexis.. another one) was dropped because his lawyer said they did not have the warrant/pc to put it on his car)

The one I mentioned is Stephanie Simms, murdered by Wayne Guidry.

Here posts may have been forward dated too….Anyone here play candy crush? When you need more lives, you roll your clock forward 2 hours and poof, 4 new lives. You can do this repeatedly and keep playing as long as you want. Earlier that day or even the night before she may have been playing candy crush, then posted some things on tumbler before she remembered to roll her clock back to the real time and date. In this case all of the sad depressing posts would have been before her awesome date, and then have no conflict between the times the date said he dropped her off.

Totally OT, but I did not know you could do that! Genius! I shall never need to ask for lives again!

Can LE in SC put GPS on a POI's car? Just wondering as I am watching a show where LE does this to track a boyfriend of a vanished woman, to see where he is going, is he looking for her, etc

I know in the Samantha Clarke case near us, LE had a POI. LE put a GPS device on his car without a warrant. The POI went to the media and the court about it.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

Of course, now with the Alexis Morgan case, he is in jail awaiting trial. (They brought in special dogs to find Morgan's cell phone near his residence and they found trace evidence relating to Morgan inside as well.)

Totally OT, but I did not know you could do that! Genius! I shall never need to ask for lives again!

I remember reading a post on her twitter about candy crush. Very good point!!

And O/T..awesome tip! Now off to play candy crush :)

Ok here's my thought.
We've discussed did HE drive to PTL or was the car dumped there.
I think she drove there. My initial speculation--before any PR surfaced was she drove there to meet someone who lived nearby. And I speculated that it was probably a familiar place for her to meet whomever.
it appears now that this may be the case.
And my question now is if someone intended to make HE disappear why leave her car there? So close to the neighborhood?
Why not dump her car somewhere else?
Don't want there to be possible further evidence?
This makes me think she without hesitation climbed in someone else's car. They went somewhere else and it is this somewhere else that all the evidence can be found.
Where is somewhere else??

This is the only way the car would've been left at this spot. Even though it's kinda close to the neighborhood, if nothing else is found I guess there's only so much speculation one can do in the absence of other clues.

Where is somewhere else?

Wouldn't she be covered under her fathers healthcare plan? I'm sure the out of pocket expenses didn't total $5k for her once insurance takes care of it, jmo...sorry if this has been covered..reading posts and trying to catch up...
Depends, is she a full time student and do they even have health insurance?

Wouldn't she be covered under her fathers healthcare plan? I'm sure the out of pocket expenses didn't total $5k for her once insurance takes care of it, jmo...sorry if this has been covered..reading posts and trying to catch up...

Maybe the $5K medical bill was for plastic surgery of some kind....breast augmentation or a nose job maybe?

Can LE in SC put GPS on a POI's car? Just wondering as I am watching a show where LE does this to track a boyfriend of a vanished woman, to see where he is going, is he looking for her, etc

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm betting somebody's wife already had one on his car when Heather went missing!

edit: Wanted to add some stuff. I work with a woman who's husband put a gps on her car. She found it and put it on his car lol. For him to find out where she'd been, he had to plug it into the computer. So all the files of where she'd been were on the computer. That would be important if I'm right about what I wrote up there ^.

IMO what happened at the landing occurred very quickly. Either the car was dumped or Heather jumped into another vehicle which left with her. This landing is very close to mobile homes. That type of housing has thin walls. But we don't know what residents have told LE....

Of course if the last phone activity is 6 AM on the 18th, most residents wouldn't think too much about hearing a vehicle from the landing as some fishermen probably try to start early.

If there was a scream, an argument or even a struggle that would likely have been heard in the usually quiet early morning hours.

But if someone just parked the car there and left it's likely no one would have paid it much mind. That's why I tend to think the car was planted there.

Okay, I'm now 100% convinced HE posted those things on Tumblr herself at the times that it said they were posted. JMO as always.

I dug around in the code of her theme to see if it differentiated between queued/scheduled posts because I thought it was weird that some images said "posted on December" and some said "posted on December 18," which only the text posts said. Didn't luck out there, nor in the code to my theme.

Next question was, can a post inadvertently show a strange time like :53, :49, etc, if it's queued or future-posted? The answer is no. (I know PeterThomasFan pointed that out a few pages back). You CAN specify that a post gets published at 1:58 AM (separate from the queue feature), but why would you? The suggested format in that text field says "Next Tuesday, 10 AM" or something. That would have to be done post by post, by hand. You cannot immediately reblog something with a date from the past. It gets queued in a limbo. So it takes an extra step.

Queued posts only have the option of being posted between two hours if you're scheduling it to happen automatically. I played around with combinations of hours and amounts of posts and their scheduled post times were always even number/ten minute increments.

So the above lead me to conclude that they were posted on HE's tumblr via manual reblog, leaving the question:
1) were they posted by her, or backdated by someone else?

Check out HE's tumblr likes (different from reblogs and follows). Not every user has their "likes" page public, so I didn't think to check this early on, and I haven't seen it posted on here yet. It also reminds me of my "likes" page because it contains far more posts on it than ever end up posting. Nitpicking to a theme, not wanting to reblog something seen as too personal, etc.

http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/hazy-dayys

(Also note how lighthearted most of her likes are. Lends credence to the idea that she used her Tumblr to send a message or put forth a specific image.)

That night, HE "liked" a number of posts that she did not reblog (or deleted the reblog after the fact).

Chronologically, her likes and reblogs on these posts occurred at the same time as other users'—ie, user X and user Y were looking at their feeds at the same time and both reblogged/liked the same post. This can be seen in the notes history of each post she liked.

So that would make it a highly coincidental overlap if someone really did backdate the posts for whatever reason. Based on the clusters of notes from other users, the posts were posted on the 17th and 18th for the most part, as well as the reblogging activity. So could whoever backdated the posts have just "snuck" HE's into that time period?

IMO it would be impossible. I tested this out on my own feed and liked or reblogged a number of posts, backdating some but not others.

The actual time you like or reblog something is what determines your placement in the "notes" section. For example, I "liked" an image a few months ago without reblogging it. Today I reblogged it and changed the date to match the "like." On that post's notes, my "like" shows up far down the list, and my reblog shows up at the very top, despite the changed date.

So it can't be said with absolute certainty, but IMO nobody could have backdated HE's posts, because the notes surrounding her activity on that post happened around the same time. They would have all had to have been backdated after the fact for that to happen. Admittedly, I'm operating under the premise that this hypothetical backdater would be covering their tracks many hours after HE's last confirmed communication, maybe even on the 19th. This would show a noticeable gap on the notes list, unlike backdating done before 9 AM or so.. but for me, that's a cause for hat-eating.

I also think liking AND reblogging something (ie, some of her last posts) shows the process of a typical Tumblr user, and not someone trying to emulate it. What would be the point of clicking a tiny heart icon before reblogging, and why only do it for some posts and not others? There's no public link to most users' "likes" page. You'd have to be in friendly stalker mode.

http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/hazy-dayys HE's tumblr likes, once again. If anything, they add more dimension to her personality, sense of humor, taste in art and poetry—and paint an even lovelier portrait of her.

Thanks for bearing with me as I tried to explain my potentially flawed reasoning here! I would never have given it this much thought, but that somewhat ominous (albeit technically factual) note in the HC article has been bugging me.

Excellent insight and research @bettiepageturner!

:yourock:

Here posts may have been forward dated too….Anyone here play candy crush? When you need more lives, you roll your clock forward 2 hours and poof, 4 new lives. You can do this repeatedly and keep playing as long as you want. Earlier that day or even the night before she may have been playing candy crush, then posted some things on tumbler before she remembered to roll her clock back to the real time and date. In this case all of the sad depressing posts would have been before her awesome date, and then have no conflict between the times the date said he dropped her off.

ftr, I changed date in my phone for this purpose. same time, different date.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ok here's my thought.
We've discussed did HE drive to PTL or was the car dumped there.
I think she drove there. My initial speculation--before any PR surfaced was she drove there to meet someone who lived nearby. And I speculated that it was probably a familiar place for her to meet whomever.
it appears now that this may be the case.
And my question now is if someone intended to make HE disappear why leave her car there? So close to the neighborhood?
Why not dump her car somewhere else?
Don't want there to be possible further evidence?
This makes me think she without hesitation climbed in someone else's car. They went somewhere else and it is this somewhere else that all the evidence can be found.
Where is somewhere else??

This is the only way the car would've been left at this spot. Even though it's kinda close to the neighborhood, if nothing else is found I guess there's only so much speculation one can do in the absence of other clues.

Where is somewhere else?

The million dollar question. She would have gone with someone to where they wouldn't be recognized, somewhere unfamiliar to some, but probably familiar to them. I would think maybe her roomie knows where the meeting location is. I'm not thinking a hotel, she would have driven herself, most likely. Or say she met someone at the landing, they were going boating for an early morning ride. She hopped on the boat with them, but something happened while on the boat. This person freaked, returned to the landing and left.

Where are you Heather!!

ETA: I forgot about the dogs not picking up her scent outside of the car, this is fact and not rumor, right?

Depends, is she a full time student and do they even have health insurance?

Not required to be student... my kid just finished last semester and we can keep him on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member