SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped by me>
IMO denying the choices Heather made, not owning them and trying to down play them is not beneficial at all. For example: I know that there are locals that feel they were mislead because of the image that was portrayed in the beginning and to later find out that certain aspects were not presented, the affair, the tattoos, etc. Owning decisions and actions empowers a person and takes the power out of their critics. <snipped by me>

Locals who feel differently about HE after finding our about an affair and some tattoos are just pathetic, IMHO. My bosses (who claim to be "christians") started saying some of that crap and I quickly put an end to it. It's shameful for people to even think that way. Umm, she had tattoos, I heard she was dating a married man and smoked pot so we shouldn't try to find her….Really, smdh
:facepalm:

There is a lot of chatter about children in the last few pages of this thread. Please leave any and all children out of the discussion. Don't bring them up.

Thanks,

Salem

Supposedly, roommate was in FL...some time zone variation in parts of FL.

Thanks. I didnt remember where she actually was. I know it was mentioned she was from the NY area, but where she actually was at the time of the call is what I dont know. You may have it right.

Sure enough, there is a Central Time Zone area in Floriday., so if she was in top left corner of FL, then that is Central time. Map below:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=BFvwUvDvOYWY2gX34oDAAQ&ved=0CCcQ9QEwAA

I don't think the date got it that wrong. He said he was certain it had to be at least 2:00, and possibly later, when he got Heather home because of his arrival time back at his place. I suppose it's possible he could have taken her home earlier and they sat in his truck and talked, and when she actually got out of the truck to go inside or when she reached her door was closer to the 2:00 time frame. But the time of the roommate call and the upset over contact from OM has always seemed a bit 'off' relative to the greater timeline and what the date reported about HE's demeanor.

I also saw somewhere in all the media reports that the 3:41 time pertained to the call to the roommate. What doesn't make sense is these down to the minute times from the phone log, where the minutes are all different, are not indicative of time zone issues.

Who knows.

But what I think matters is, when did Heather start hearing from OM that night/early next morning and at what point did she leave her condo, however she left it. The next portions of the timeline are the tragic details of the crime. The rest of the phone record then is a farce, IMO.

Locals who feel differently about HE after finding our about an affair and some tattoos are just pathetic, IMHO. My bosses (who claim to be "christians") started saying some of that crap and I quickly put an end to it. It's shameful for people to even think that way. Umm, she had tattoos, I heard she was dating a married man and smoked pot so we shouldn't try to find her….Really, smdh

Unfortunately, she comes from a very conservative community and those things could matter to a lot of people...just like many people are not much interested in missing sex workers, etc...if their morals are offended. Or people think she must have been keeping bad company, etc.

Still...I think it is important to be as frank as possible, when a person is missing, as lifestyles can point to suspects, locales of interest, etc...

Supposedly, roommate was in FL...some time zone variation in parts of FL.

Oh, perhaps that is where she was? I only remember her saying she was born and raised in Jersey and I probably assumed she went back there.

Anywhoooo, yes and as you've stated Clue, a small portion of FL (the "Panhandle") is on CST and not EST.

No one saw her leave the complex...what a shame...that would have been huge.

ETA although maybe LE later obtained some video of Heather driving alone...if so and if that was after 6am, that could be why they believe (if they do) that she was on the phone as late as that, and also why they have never asked about the car being seen, shown photos, etc...

Locals who feel differently about HE after finding our about an affair and some tattoos are just pathetic, IMHO. My bosses (who claim to be "christians") started saying some of that crap and I quickly put an end to it. It's shameful for people to even think that way. Umm, she had tattoos, I heard she was dating a married man and smoked pot so we shouldn't try to find her&#8230;.Really, smdh

Yes, there are locals who feel mislead. They feel like they weren't being given the whole story. And if they -LE and the others close to the case - are leaving out such facts, what else are they leaving out? If you ask people for help and assistance, given them the tools to do so, ie the tattoos are huge identifiers, why not release those in the beginning.

Again, it seems that my words are being misconstrued. I never said they judged Heather or her tattoos, her relationships or her "herbal relaxants". What I said was there is an opinion from some locals that we were fed an certain picture of Heather and additional facts known in the beginning but were not released which, when released, shined an entirely different light on the situation.

No one saw her leave the complex...what a shame...that would have been huge.

Could be there are neighbors or other witnesses we don't know about.

Perhaps someone heard something or has reported some detail or observation that on its own has no apparent relevance, but it lines up with other info LE has or suspects.

Speaking of morals and judgments:

Please remember---when you point the finger at someone, remember there's at least three fingers pointing back at you!

In real life, the bad guys don't always wear "black hats" like on the old cowboy movies. It would be easier to recognize the bad ones if they did but real life doesn't come with such "props".

And real life isn't like some old scary movie where the young, virginal blonde in a white gown is befallen to a dark Dracula lurking at night.

My point is that real life is much more complicated and nuanced. So no judging, mates!

:seeya:

Maybe SM has been cleared...but if so, LE sure isn't doing him any favors by not making it public. Or maybe he has an alibi that LE has been unable to prove or disprove (i.e from spouse or other relative). In any case, whether or not he will or has taken a polygraph is not so much a factor for me as if he refused to take one from the start, before any lawyers could weigh in, would be. JMO lots of people will agree to take one early on, to get (more or less) cleared, even if against their better judgement.

Exactly.

So who got it wrong? (I'm posing the question, not suggesting you should have the answer).

When I look at my phone records, they stay the same.

Whatever the case, I agree there was a contrived record for the purpose of an alibi.

Agree

The record is the record regardless of if or when it's made public. TE read the phone record and reported it to LE, who surely then saw it for themselves.

While I'm of the opinion that HE was deceased in a relatively short period of time after her date, I would think any contrived phone 'activity' better match up with ping locations that are reasonable, or someone's alibi has failed. Now, maybe whoever did this and played with the phone was smart enough to have his or her phone pinging from a specific address somewhere, while He's pinged from her condo and then finally PTL.

Nonetheless, two presumably credible sources (TE and LE), that saw the same record, are reading it differently.

This matters to me as I sift through the case because if 3:41 was in fact the last time the phone was used at all, as TE said, then this was decidedly well-planned, because a lot of steps and bases were covered before the perp/s wrapped up the crime by 3:41, including staging the last bogus phone activity.

If the phone was last used at 6:00, I would love to see how the pings rolled, and from where, because if she was deceased before 3:41, that's a case of someone placing even more distance between them and the time of the crime, and spending some serious time creating the illusion that all was well for another 4 or so hours after the date.

I think the more people lie sometimes, the more they tell the truth. I think this is the case with the perp(s) here, and the phone log is somehow going to be a large wrench in the alibi, not a help to it.

JMO.

BBM

I suspect TE and LE are comparing apples and oranges, to borrow an overused metaphor. It's probably not the same record. LE would have the complete record with pings and all the rest, while TE had the billable record. There's a lot of information in the billable record, but it doesn't include routine pings and probably doesn't include calls that were dialed but not answered. I don't know whether he'd see calls to her phone that she didn't answer; my bill doesn't give me that information.

Naturally when I take a break from here something new happens! I had to chime in on this BBM statement. Their FATHER appears to have given his voice to someone else, this seems like something a very weak or guilty person would do. I wouldn't trust him after this ever and I certainly wouldn't be out having "fun" with him either, it would just show how pathetic and desperate I am myself. MOO

Glad to see u back!

This shows as 9:12 to me. She even says in the post that it's 9:12.

There's another one showing her parents home as the location on July 7th at 4:05 in the morning. I mentioned it in the last thread because it made me think she lived at home, and that seems to be when she first noticed SM.
It shows up as 6:12am to me..I am in EST...interesting how it shows up differently to many of us.

I'm still bowled over by learning that tweets can carry GPS info that shows where the person was when they sent the tweet. My goodness.

That means that there are at least 3 different ways a person can be tracked back to their location from using their smart phone. Are there any others than these below?

1-The phone itself has GPS info and LE and 911 operators can locate a caller that needs help.
2-When someone sends a picture that includes the extra GPS information, it can show the date, time, and location the picture was taken from.
3-Tweets from twitter can carry GPS location of where the person was when they tweeted.

I'm still bowled over by learning that tweets can carry GPS info that shows where the person was when they sent the tweet. My goodness.

That means that there are at least 3 different ways a person can be tracked back to their location from using their smart phone. Are there any others than these below?

1-The phone itself has GPS info and LE and 911 operators can locate a caller that needs help.
2-When someone sends a picture that includes the extra GPS information, it can show the date, time, and location the picture was taken from.
3-Tweets from twitter can carry GPS location of where the person was when they tweeted.

SMS messages.

Probably activity on apps, too.

How does this compute Hatfield?

So possibly the Roomie's phone call could have been at Heather's local time 2:44am after she got home from her date. That would make more sense to my way of thinking.
Would also explain why she didn't go to bed after being dropped off by her date. Heather would have been all wound up emotionally.
So after the roomie call, Heather accesses her tumblr account at 3:41am local time before maybe taking a nap and then woken by a call around 6am perhaps?
Apologies am not familiar with your time zones.

I can't see any gps info on her tweets. Am I missing something or are there additional steps involved to access the info? Hmmm......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong